D&D 5E Calling of Vecna 5E

TallIan

Explorer
Pladus the Dark, Necromancer 4

"I'm inclined to agree Jareth, but their death should not itself arouse suspicion. A caravan eliminated in town would certainly do so. Were they to not realise they have been robbed would serve us best. Then they can be eliminated at a more opportune time."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 34 (4d6 + 16)
AC: 15 (10 + 5  DEX) or 18 (13 Mage Armour + 5 DEX)
Speed: 30
Init: +5
Passive  Perception: 14

Spell Attack: +7
Spell save DC: 15
Dagger: +7  1d4+5
Quarterstaff: +3 1d6+
[SBLOCK]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: How regular are bar fights that end in death here and how are they treated by the Sails/law?

Can we see the guards? How on top of things do they seem? Paying attention, Nervous, Sober, angery?

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
OOC: There are almost no guards on regular patrol, mostly just in the market itself, the Kobold guards seem very attentive but otherwise relaxed. As for bar fights ending in death the killer is usually imprisoned, but the guards are known to be underpaid and easily bribed.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ataxa ponders her companions' words, and thinks out loud, for their benefit "Surely, the Undying Lord's opponents have also been warned about this caravan. They could be waiting for us to make the first move and strike us down as we do so. However, if we don't act quickly, we may lose track of the eye. I agree with Pladus, subterfuge and theft may be the best way to proceed, but we will need to mask the eyes from divination spells. If we distract the two guards, I can have my imp steal the box. We just need to find where it is. Another alternative would be to impersonate one of the kobold inside the tavern, and request to see the treasure." She pauses, to let the other share their thoughts.

TallIan

Explorer

"Hmmmmm, I hadn't thought about our Lord's enemies wanting the eye, but that makes subtlety even more important. The best we could hope to do is steal the Eye from the box, replacing it with a fake Eye, so the kolbold beasts are unaware of what they have lost. Then organise someone to attack the caravan later, keeping the blame away from us."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 34 (4d6 + 16)
AC: 15 (10 + 5  DEX) or 18 (13 Mage Armour + 5 DEX)
Speed: 30
Init: +5
Passive  Perception: 14

Spell Attack: +7
Spell save DC: 15
Dagger: +7  1d4+5
Quarterstaff: +3 1d6+1

[SBLOCK]

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa
"So what else are they talking about having in the wagon? Something of value that we can take and make it look like that was the main goal? Maybe have some fool try to fence it after and take the fall if needed?
... It would be a tragedy if something happened and there was a fire in that wagon... "

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer

"Hmmmmm, I hadn't thought about our Lord's enemies wanting the eye, but that makes subtlety even more important. The best we could hope to do is steal the Eye from the box, replacing it with a fake Eye, so the kolbold beasts are unaware of what they have lost. Then organise someone to attack the caravan later, keeping the blame away from us."

"Interesting idea" Ataxa replies, curious about her companion's ability to produce a duplicate eye. "How fast could you get such a fake eye? Unless you can magically create one quickly, I believe we would loose our advantage. We could simply rob the caravan. I could distract one guard as another distracts the other, while the larcenous-inclined could steal it. We could also steal the crown as to make it seem just a simple robbery. We would likely be pursued by our Lord's enemies, and would need to flee where we can shield the eye from magical scrying""

OOC: Would Ataxa know of such a place?

Greenmtn

Explorer
Roa
"We could act like we have been drinking and pester them about how we need them to sell us food as a start to the distraction, keep it going long enough for the Imp to get the box before we give up and go some other place to find what we are after. We would want to get the crown to a fence, or someone to take the fall quickly so that it looked like the target of the theft."

Roa would doubtlessly have body parts, eyes, ears, hands and such in the hideout should we want to make the box appear later with "Just the crown/valuables missing"

Jareth looks at the others. There was the possibility that this was a trap. It did seem to easy.

"Caution is a good idea. I can cause someone to attack the Kobolds. Either the guards at the wagon or those inside the bar. It will cause a distraction and trouble for the creatures. I or someone else can use the commotion to take the box containing the eye and the crown."

Keeping the eye hidden from magical detection would be difficult. He hoped Ataxa or Pladus had some way to accomplish this task.

"How do you plan to shield the eye?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases