Iron Kingdoms – the Witchfire Legacy [Interest]

GreenKarl

First Post
Iron Kingdoms – the Witchfire Legacy [Interest]

OK so a new madness has gripped me. I picked up the Iron Kingdoms Bundle of Holding last week because I love, LOVE, LOVE the setting. It’s one of my all-time favorites.

Now while I love the setting the house system that Private Press is not as impressive as I had hoped for. It is very war-gamy and miniature friendly. BUT it is also fairly simple and straight forward. Roll 2d6 + Attribute + Skill vs. a TN. You can see some of the background and art HERE. Think steam punk fantasy.

Now I started picking up all the Iron Kingdom stuff back before they became a war-game company. At first they released a 3 part adventure in their own world but under the D&D 3.0 rules, called the Witchfire Trilogy. I purchased the Iron Kingdom Character Guide for 3.0 and the Campaign Guide that update the setting to 3.5, and I also grabbed a hardcover of their rules a few years back but was kind of disappointed in the rules so never played it. Now though with a bunch of the PDF with the Bundle of Holding I have been reading them all again and I am interested… maybe.

Now I have also seen some interested ideas using Savage Worlds and a year or two back I was playing around with a GURPS version but never finished it.

So this is an interest check… anyone interested in play in the Iron Kingdoms setting. I am leaning towards just using the rules but I am open to a couple other system. Mostly looking for interest right now :)

I have a few adventures with the BOH but I also have the hardcover of the Witchfire adventure and I have run it a couple of times in the past for great fun

Shayuri

First Post
I dunno. I'm in a ton of games right now. An absolute ton.

You kind of are too, buddy. I exert gentle pressure to slow down a bit, lest you burn yourself out. :)

Jago

Explorer
I am not 100% familiar with the Iron Kingdoms, but I have played a few matches of Warmahordes here and there. I liked the setting and MY LIFE FOR THE MOTHERLAND, THE RED WINTER SHALL ENCASE THE ENEMY IN BLOOD AND ICE, DEATH TO THE MENOTH INVADER

So yea, I have a bit of an interest in this. But I agree with [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] in that game overload is a very real possibility in PbP.

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, but games really benefit from focus. Games where the GM pays attention are far more likely to earn the participation and interest of the players, which in turns creates a positive feedback loop that keeps the whole thing running.

I'd recommend saving some ideas, developing them behind the scenes in your spare time, so that when a game you're currently running winds down for some reason, you've got another idea ready to go.

I feel something similar about characters. I always have ideas I want to try out. I have to remind myself that there'll be more games. I don't have to play them all at once. :)

Remove ads