Pathfinder 1E Magi Optimization spot check

I always forget to ask direct questions so this time I will start with them. "Is there anything you'd change in this build? Including tactics and strategy. Additionally is there anything you can forecast me needing?"

Human Bladebound Hexcrafter (GM has approved the 2 together.)
Stats: 20 point buy. Level 10
Str: 18<sup>1</sup> (Yes, a Stragus Build.)(22)
Dex: 14 (16)
Con: 14
Int: 16 (20)
Wis: 10
Cha: 07* (My GM despises how roll heavy conversation stuff can be, so he tends to let us really slide around unless we are doing something really crazy or out of character. That's not my circus tho)

Skills: (rank/total) Fly (10/13) Intimidate (5/8) Know Arc 10/18) Know Dung (5/13) K Planes (5/13) Linguistics 3/8 Abyssal, Thassilonian, Orcish. Perception (10/19) S. Craft (10/18) Swim (1/10)

HP: 98 (Toughness, Favored Class, and decent rolls)
AC: 27 (+ Shield of course) fort:9. Rex:6. Will:7. +2 amulet/ring, snake skin tunic (bonus to dex), +4 Adamantine Breastplate (GM treasure drop). Cloak of resistance +1

Other items: Belt of Str+4, Goggles of the eagle, Mask of Goz, Ring of Wiz I, headband of vast int (History and engineering)

Spells preped: Cantrips:Open/Close, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound. Level 1: S. Graspx3 (intensified), Keep watch, Obscuring Mistx2, Hydraulic Pushx2,Vanish x2, Shieldx2 Level : Bladed Dash x2, Scorching Ray x2, Mirror Image. Level 3 Spells: Haste, Fireball, Bestow Curse, Vampiric Touch. Level 4: Black Tentacles, greater Invisibility (We have a rogue...)

Arcana: Level 3 (Black Blade). Level 6: Enduring Arcana (3rd party GM Approved. Turns arcane points into minute/level. VERY useful for me now....) Level 9: Arcane Accuracy
Hex: Flight
Feats: Human: Toughness, Lv1: Weapon Prof Bastard Sword, Lvl 3 Arcane Strike, lvl 5: Power Attack, Bonus 1: Intensify Spell, Level 7 Furious Focus, Level 9:Weapon focus

Traits: Magical Lineage, Pride

Black Blade/Arcane Pool load out: +2/Keen (general purpose) +2d6 (Flaming shocking)/Keen (High HP, Low AC enemies) Speed (Mobs)

Last edited:

Strategy: General purpose is pretty straight forward Magi stuff. Hit hard, hit well. Most of my spells are based around helping that or bolstering my defenses.

Arcane Points; with a pool of 8 I keep half of them in reserve for encounters (often I can siphon from this since the GM prefers quick successive encounters a lot and generally he gives us room enough for duration spells and the like to carry over.) the other 4-5 points I use to boost my accuracy when it counts.

Special strategy: Mask of Goz/Obscuring Mist- Party retreat/me kicking ass. Often used while large (wand) to hit some enemies with relative impunity. Party has typically used the time to buff up, heal up, or ready a trap. On occasion I've been able to use it to trivialize major encounters by tossing it like a smoge bomb. Screwing over ranged enemies and making melees file into a bottle neck. (Reaaaalllllly pissed my GM off the first time I did that, but he laughed like a mad man about it as well.)

Remove ads