D&D 5E Adventures in Middle Earth: Over the Edge of the Wild (RP Thread)

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
OOC: This meeting wasn't foretold to Ceodric, and he didn't expect it. But his dreams offer verses about very old and very dedicated watchers in the forest. Some good. Some not. Those verses float to mind

The scout arrived. On his back was a bow and he had a knife at his belt. Typical gear for such an elf. "It is good to see that the King still opens his halls even in these late days. Where do you travel from?"

Ceodric bows to the elf and introduces himself: "Well met. I am The Dreamer, of Rhosgobel. These are my companions. We have recently come from Laketown. Come, join us, and tell us of what you have seen these past days so we may be prepared for our journey to come".

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
The elf sat down next to the companions. "Rhosgobel, you say? That is quite interesting, as I have just come from Rhosgabel. I sought the council of the Brown Wizard there. The forest grows treacherous, these days. Always it has been hazardous, but now, spiders come up from the south. And fouler things. Do not fear to travel! Only, stay to the road. My scouts keep it clear, but the task grows more difficult by the month. It was my hope that Radagast could offer insight into these fresh troubles. Alas, for all his wisdom, he's still in the preliminary stages of his own investigation. But the King has leapt to his own conclusions, and seems to be preparing for some hardship. Though, even those closest to him cannot guess at what he has seen..."

GreenKarl

First Post
Bromm huffs a bit too himself and watches the elf wearily. Its probably nothing, elves are a secretive and untruthfully as a whole. Oh there were exceptions, but what elf ever spoke plain when flower words and hidden means spilled from their tongues so easily? The dwarf remained silent though and would mention it to the others when he had a chance. It was probably nothing but one never know where one's doom might come from...

Ceodric starts at the dwarf's words. He senses that this is no ordinary elf, but an elf of some reknown and power, probably travelling incognito.

"Ah, forgive our dwarven companion. He speaks bluntly but his wits are sharp. You do not name yourself, yet I feel we should perhaps know of you."

"You mentioned the spiders", he continues. "Are we to expect them on our way?"

He stops.

"Forgive me. Please, sit, rest awhile. You are welcome to share our meal".

ArtoriusaurusRex

First Post
"You forget whose land you tread on, dwarf," the elf said. He listened to Ceodric apologize for Bromm. "It is forgiven. But i would expect better from a dwarf, or anyone, who was allowed into Thranduil's own halls. That is a privilege."

Despite his stern words, the elf had no ill will in his eyes. He accepted the invitation to eat.

"I am Legolas Greenleaf, and these lands are my responsibility. My father, the king, attends to matters of state and military strategy. Meanwhile, it is my duty to deal with more immediate threats to the safety of these lands. Such as these spiders. I and my scouts hunted several as we made our way back to these halls. You may encounter some for yourself, though it is unlikely to be in overwhelming numbers if you should keep to the path. Never the less, sleep in shifts. Now, what news do you carry from afar?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases