Crossed Paths - Part I

Manzanita

First Post
The innkeeper seems perturbed that the Visigoths left without paying. He confirs briefly with the legonaires, then they leave. The tavern thins out significantly, as the farmers & tradesment leave, throwing curious & nervous glances at the elf. One can assume they've never seen an elf before, nor a display of arcane magic. The man with the red scarf also leaves, before Ecgthow's pronouncement.

After some thought, the innkeeper comes to the table where the company is gathering. "Good sir," he says to the elf, "thank you for getting rid of those troublesome Visigoths. Perhaps you would care for a drink on the house?" He unloads a tray conaining a flagon of wine & several mugs. He then bows, & backs away.

Jarval

Explorer
"How is the woman they struck? If she is hurt, I have a little skill in treating wounds." Brioc offers the innkeeper as he takes one of the mugs and pours himself some wine.

"I was sent here to meet with the apprentices of my father's old allies. I'd guess you were sent by Sven Erickson, am I correct?" Brioc responds to the Norseman. "I'll keep the exact details of why I've been sent to find you until we can discuss the matter a little more privately, as it is of something of a sensitive nature."

Eldorian

First Post
The Greek man walks to the Britan's table snagging a chair from table 5 on the way. He says the the inkeep, in latin, "You serve beef? I wish to eat." He then grabs a mug from the table and says to the Briton, "Brioc? Glaucon is my name. You are here to meet me, no?" He eyes the dog and the barbarian apprehensively, then straddles the chair and sits down. "Tell me, what is it you need of me?" he says with a grin.

Inez Hull

First Post
The elf takes a seat at the Celt's table and introduces himself, "Greetings Brioc, I am Ehldannis Riulline, as you no doubt suspect. It is a pleasure to meet you at last, and", he turns to the others taking seats around the table, "our other fine companions for this quest we have been summonsed for."

"My master spoke highly of your father and it pleases me to see that you are also a man of principles. I would like to have acted earlier in that little incident but I still feel less than certain on what behaviour is appropriate amongst humans."

Khenemetsobek

First Post
The oddly dressed Egyptian chuckles to himself; Very Nice Indeed. "Gentlemen it appears as if we are here for the same reason." He approaches bringing a lingering herbal scent with him; He pulls up a chair, sits, and helps himself to the elf's wine. "I am Khenemetsobek; you may call me Khen. I bring the blessing of the Crocodile Lord." He smiles weakly, rocks back in his chair and tastes the wine.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Jarval said:
"I was sent here to meet with the apprentices of my father's old allies. I'd guess you were sent by Sven Erickson, am I correct?"

At hearing this, the Slavic man shifts uncomfortably in his seat. "I'm afraid," he says, "that that is not true in my case." He looks a bit pained at this admission. "I was sent here by a friend of mine, a gypsy named Tem, who you proboably expected in my stead. When I left him, he was near death will illness, and the last thing he told me was to come here and meet a man- I assume he meant you." He looks sorrowful at the presumed loss of his friend.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
The young man with the book seems preoccupied -- until, at no particular point in the conversation, he looks up, and announces loudly across the room:

"Did I hear someone say Brioc? I'm supposed to meet him here tomorrow... The equinox is tomorrow, isn't it?"

Quickly composing himself, he closes his book and moves to the group's table.

"I am Nathaniel, son of the Holy Lands, student of Volidar Stormblade -- a friend, I gather, of your masters. It is with great pleasure, and some apprehension, that I meet you all tonight..."

...he begins to rise from his chair, animating more, seeming lost in his own words, despite maintaining an equal share of eye contact with all at the table...

"...for, although our quest is shrouded in mystery, and truly to be fraught with peril, I look around and see clearly the spark of great heroism in all of you. It is no coincidence that, when a good lady's dignity was callously threatened, our numbers were the first and most adamament to stand in her defense. And in your reproach, was there fear, hesitation, weakness, even staring in the face of such brutal enemies? I heard none -- I witnessed none, and neither can I imagine that these other patrons saw something that I did not. And nor did I sense surprise when it was discovered we had been sent to meet one another, for it is clearly the way of fate to bring great heroes together, to create a greater hand to carry out the righteous cause. Nothing could seem more natural! And natural as well it must be that our journeys will be full of danger and dread, and that our glorious lives will be threatened time and time again, by forces beyond fates will for our survival! For such is the way of adventure -- but within your ranks I feel no fear, as I look in each and every eye and see the same will and determination to survive and to succeed in the name of good that I feel burning deep within myself."

"I come from a tragic, besieged kingdom, and have spent my life working to lift my people from the mire. But even with those familiar folk so far away, I feel truly at home -- for as much as they are my brothers in blood, we are clearly brothers in spirit. I greet your company then as coming into this world anew, with much to learn, much to explore, and many trials ahead, but with the full confidence that I am in my right place. Together, now, let us make our masters proud!"

He lifts his glass of water in a quick toast, and takes a sip immediately -- letting the others follow of they choose, but not waiting in case they choose not to. He then sits in silence, looking eagerly and intently at whoever resumes the conversation.

Manzanita

First Post
The one remaining bar maid swings by the table. She is now rather busy. She places a plate in front of Glaucon bearing a thick cut of beef. She smiles shyly at Brioc, "Drusilia will be fine, sir, she's just gone home for a little rest."

Remove ads