1st to 3rd conversions.

Cedric

First Post
First of all...I didn't think this would go into rules or house rules, because it isn't really about the rules of doing it, but it's about the feel.

With that being said though, obviously the Mods can move it anywhere they want, hehe.

My problem is this...I want to convert a 30th level 1st edition thief over to 3rd edition. My problem is coming to terms with the fact that the character is going to be very different. The game systems are hugely different at those levels.

Should I just accept this and come to terms with it? Or should I water down the feats I take in order to keep the flavor of the character the same?

Just a thought..until now, I'd never considered converting a character, especially one of such high level.

Cedric

Staffan

Legend
At the time 3e was published, there was a small conversion booklet disseminated - it was also available from WOTC's website (probably still is, though finding it is a different matter) and on the CD that came with the PHB (in the Extras directory or something like that, along with the "Dead of Winter" adventure from Dungeon).

Remove ads