D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - New character Inspiration

GainVanquish

First Post
Hi guys

So about to join a new game of COS. Im looking for inspiration for my new character something that would be fun. The characters i have played so far are:

5th Level Tiefling Monk (way of 4 elements)
4th Level Half Elf Ranger (Hunter)

I always seem to lean towards players that are no magically for some reason but am open to suggestions.#

You inspiration is much appreciated.

Leighton

Vulf

First Post
I second druid!

But I suggest a Human Circle of the Moon Druid with the Savage Attacker feat and one level of Barbarian!

Better armor class than the average bear!
Better damage than the average bear!
Smarter than the average bear? Maybe not.

There is a new collection of Monsters about to be released, there are certain to be some CR 1-3 beasts in there!
Curse of Strahd tops off at level 10, which means your Wild Shape will top off at 9 levels of Druid for a CR 3 beast.

Taking a 10th level of druid lets you stay in beast form for 5 hours instead of 4. And gives you the ability to transform into an Elemental by using 2 uses of wild shape. So you are giving that up for the ability to gain resistance to physical attacks while shapeshifted to really extend those extra hitpoint pools.
You can't cast spells or concentrate on them while raging, but you can consume spell slots to heal yourself as a bonus action using the Circle feature.

Just make sure to mention you rode on the family ankylosaurus when you were young.

When you run out of rages for the day, you can start casting Polymorph to turn into a T-rex instead.

Last edited:

Vulf

First Post
By the by, if you start as a Barbarian, you get higher hitpoints and proficiency in constitution saving throws. Just make sure you have the minimum 13 strength and 13 wisdom needed to multiclass into druid!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases