D&D 5E A New Frontier REDUX [Closed]

Jago

Explorer
Oh man, I'm scary looking. Those Elves were super kind, lol. I can dig being raise by Elves, and I can dig having the hooves and all that. Jazzy.

Okay, here's my stat rolls:

4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 6, 4, 1] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 4, 4, 5] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 3, 3, 2] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 6, 1, 3] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 3, 1] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 6, 3, 3] = 12

Aaaand Dividing that up into:

Str = 13
Dex = 13
Con = 12
Int = 16 (+1)
Wis = 12
Cha = 14 (+2)

Oh maaaaan that might have benefitted a bit better from Half-Elf, lol. Ohhhh well.

Jago

Explorer
Okay, so.

With the Elven Background thing, I think I'm going to take the Inheritor background from the SCAG, with the idea that the character's Inheritance is the Spellbook he'll eventually learn from. For whatever reason, he was entrusted with it, or he fled with it, or something. Regardless, he won't really be able to read it or do anything with it until he takes that first Wizard Level. Sound acceptable?

Ah, and his name is Tarukka: Elvish for "Horned".

Thateous

Explorer
Acceptable and accepted. And now we wait for [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
I'm cool with hooves, makes it far more Tiefling-y, and it fits a bit of this character looking different but wanting to belong to the groups around him.

So, all set it seems! Character sheet in the link.

Tarukka The Elven Tiefling

He didn't have a name before. Not really. Left to die in the wild, with the parents accusing one another of infidelity and worse, the babe surely would have been devoured by a wolf by the end of the night, were it not for the Elves of that Forest who heard the squabbling of a terrified infant. Inquisitive, they took the child in when they saw that, despite his striking appearance, he was quite harmless.
For the next two decades, the Tiefling, now name Tarukka, was raised within the trees. Strong and willful, Tarukka learned much from his foster families, yet always seemed to rail against the more passive nature of Elvenkind. His desperation to be a part of society was what first caused him to take up arms, knowing that at least he would be respected as a Warrior if nothing else.

The tribe taught him to wield steel, but he always seemed to yearn for more. That "more" came when he was introduced to a tome most sacred to these Elves, a book seemingly made of bark and leaves, a book he couldn't comprehend no matter how many times he asked to read it. He was told over and over how it held great power, but would only reveal that to one worthy of it. His curiosity piqued, Tarukka dedicated himself all the more to his Elven people's ways, protecting them from enemies within the forest and trying to attain the "worthiness" he desired.

One night, when he was taking meditation by the book, Tarukka witnessed two fellow Elves attempt to steal the book, killing the sages that tended to it. Thrown into action, the Tiefling did the only thing he could think of: he swiped the tome himself, running away from the thieves and far off into the forest. Not sure who he could trust back home, Tarukka was unsure what to do, where to go from there.

It was then that the book opened, revealing a single word that he could comprehend.

West.

Over and over, it kept saying "West". Panicked and conflicted, Tarukka felt a strange compulsion to follow the book's word. He traveled far to the west, across rivers, through valleys, over mountains, but still the word persisted. He reached the farthest, Western Coast and still the word was there, followed by one other: Argos.

The second he heard of the voyages over the sea commissioned by The Zircon Trade, Tarukka signed up without a single thought otherwise.

Trogdor1992

First Post
'Steely' Dahn

Race: Warforged
Class: Fighter 1
Alignment: CG
Background:
Ability Scores:
-STR: 17(+3) [16+1R]
-DEX: 12(+1)
-CON: 14(+2) [13+1R]
-INT: 14(+2)
-WIS: 10(+/-0)
-CHA: 13(+1)
AC: 18
Init. Bonus: +1
Speed: 30ft.
HP: 12
Hit Dice: 1d10
Prof. Bonus: +2

COMBAT
Attack Bonus:
--Melee: +5
--Ranged: +3

LANGUAGES/PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan
Armor: All Armor and Shields
Weapons: Simple and Martial Weapons
Tools: Thieve's Tools
Skills: Perception, Intimidation, Arcana, Investigation
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution

INVENTORY
--Armor: Chain Mail
--Weapon 1: Greatsword
--Weapon 2: Longsword
--Weapon 3: Light Crossbow
--Other: 20 bolts, Explorer's Pack, Monster Hunter's Pack, Strange Medallion with Vecna'a Holy Symbol on it
--Coin: 200gp

RACIAL TRAITS
---Composite Plating
---Living Construct

CLASS FEATURES
---Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting
---Second Wind(1d10+1)

FEATS
---N/A

BACKGROUND
-- Haunted One(CoS)
--Feature: Heart of Darkness
--Harrowing Event: An Evil Necromancer stripped my soul from me, and placed it within this metal body I now inhabit.
Trait: I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
Ideal: I'll rid myself of the curse that haunts me or die trying.
Bond: My torment drove away the person I love. I strive to win back the love I’ve lost.
Flaw: I feel no compassion for the dead. They’re the lucky ones.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I will be Busy until Sunday afternoon. I have high level char with single level of cleric so I don't have look too hard. Rolls soon. Story is cooking.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases