D&D 5E [OOC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

tglassy

Adventurer
It was wonderful. My first play by post, and I love how it turned out. I wish he'd survived, but whatever.

It was also my first time playing a dwarf, and I must say, I liked it. Maybe just a fighter next time.

I wil say level 1 was a little low. Yeah, the survivors got to level 3, almost level 4, but two others died before we could get there. And even then, we wouldn't have been that high if we were splitting experience four ways instead of two.

And I know, it's meant to be hard to survive, but still. Everything being so deadly, it made us shy away from everything remotely interesting, just in case something else gets out of a coffin and tries to eat us. Starting a little higher level would at least give us some courage to actually face some of these things.

Forged Fury

First Post
I agree with the caution part. Considering the enemies and traps were overpowering for our level, which is fun, it does make you think that messing with anything is going to bring utter doom down on you. Other than picking that lock, which I expected to have a lowish level single target damage spell on it, I really shied away from anything interesting after that. I only really decided to go gonzo with the teleportation circle after realizing that it didn't seem we were going to be getting reinforcements and it was just going to be a game of attrition, which we were almost certainly going to inevitably lose. Might as well just go balls to the wall at that point.

Lots of fun, the art for the enemies was terrific and the maps were solid as well.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Way too early yet. Just putting a couple ideas down.

I'd be interested in any new game in 5e. If you need players, mention me and I'll be there. :) I liked the title, but was sorry to see 50 pages of OOC - I assumed you're closed, just checked. And now I see you're done. Bravo, good work! :) Not many finish the story.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases