Horror movie suggestions

Descartes

Explorer
Its Halloween season again and I'm looking for some good horror movies/tv series to watch. I'd prefer them to be set in a D&D appropriate time. What are some of your favorite horror movies? Some of mine include Captain Kronos (wish this had been turned into a series but Hammer went belly up shortly after its release), Brom Stoker's Dracula (even though it had the wood golem Keanu in it), Solomon Kane, Season of the Witch, and Brotherhood of the Wolf.

PS If anyone suggests Book of Vile Darkness I will troll you without mercy!

hopeless

Adventurer
How about the Relic?

The Mummy Trilogy with Brendan Fraser?

Monster Squad?

Hocus Pocus?

Star Wars Holiday Special?:eek: (Psyche!!!)

was

Adventurer
I like:

IT..a Stephen King classic

The Birds and Psycho..Hitchcock

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

American Werewolf in London..the original

The Nightmare on Elm Street..the original

Poltergeist..the original

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not familiar with any horror movies set in a D&D-appropriate setting, I'm afraid. SO, I'll just go with ones I like.

Cabin in the Woods - I would include a trailer, but it gives a few things away I think are better experienced without foreknowledge.

10 Cloverfield Lane - *Amazing* acting by John Goodman.

Alien - a classic.

For TV series... American Horror Story has some good things, and several seasons with different themes to choose from.

Scream Queens is you want some absurdist comedy with your horror. Has Jamie Lee Curtis, a classic horror actress doing a wonderful job.

Stranger Things - is not gory horror, but the tension management in the show is great.

Tales from the Crypt - because, classic!

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Not really D&D, but the black-and-white versions of Dracula and Frankenstein are much better than the modern updates - more suspense, less gore.

I want to find the version of The Fly with Vincent Price in a minor role; I've only seen about 5 minutes of it. (I've read the book.)

Ryujin

Legend
Sounds like a great opportunity for a Vincent Price marathon.

"Pit and the Pendulum"

"House of Usher"

"The Tomb of Ligeia"

... and many more.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Again, modern, but if you like some comedy along with your horror...

Cockneys vs Zombies - it has the greatest chase scene in zombie-movie history.

Mercurius

Legend
Yeah, can't do anything about the D&D setting request, but aside from classics the best two horror films I've seen recently are It Follows and Under the Skin.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases