Horror movie suggestions

For D&D-appropriate horror, Black Death definitely comes to mind.

I’d also add Brotherhood of the Wolf, though that reminds me more of Warhammer Fantasy. It’s urban fantasy, but I do love the Night Watch and Day Watch movies.

The VVitch is a great one, set in colonial times.

Black Death - Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne...

Ryujin

Legend
Also hoping that the short "The Devil Walks in Salem" (by a name that should be familiar to many here, Peter Adkison) eventually goes off the festival circuit and into general release. Obviously it's Puritan times, not Medieval or other fantasy, but close, so might fit the bill ;)

[video=youtube;KACs08PAkLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACs08PAkLY[/video]

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Well hello, Mr. Fancypants! It's not actually horror but Army of Darkness is the closest recommendation I have. Or for a non-D&D-appropriate time period horror movie I recommend the 2006 French-Romanian film, Them (aka Ils).

Watched another medieval-horror film recently, Sauna, a Finnish movie. It's about a group of 16th century border surveyors, particularly two brothers, one younger bookish, the other older and battleworn, and what they encounter in a hidden village within a dismal swamp. There's more than a touch of Aguirre, the Wrath of God in its slow atmospheric horror. My only complaint was that the subtitles seemed a bit off at times.

Odin’s Beard, nothing by half-measures! A Serbian Film is definitely harrowing, horrifying viewing. Yet beyond the controversy, the tale itself is skillfully woven – by the time the movie moves towards its conclusion, you’re in too deep to not want to see how it turns out.

A Serbian Film.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Odin’s Beard, nothing by half-measures! A Serbian Film is definitely harrowing, horrifying viewing. Yet beyond the controversy, the tale itself is skillfully woven – by the time the movie moves towards its conclusion, you’re in too deep to not want to see how it turns out.
Indeed. Aside from the gore, the film is very well made.

Just thought of another D&D-appropriate horror-ish movie, Haxan: Witchcraft through the Ages. It's an old "documentary" on devils and witchcraft, with some really dramatic, crazy visuals. I know I'm supposed to prefer the original version more, but I love the edited one with narration by William S. Burroughs and the jazz freak-out soundtrack.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases