(IR) The 3rd IR, 2nd Turn (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrown

First Post
Turrosh Mak – Of course, your ambassadors are welcome to establish embassies within any or all of the entities of the IBKSC. The IBKSC is a loose confederation of quasi-independent fundamentalist states. We among the IBKSC are not big fans of strict laws and confining laws, we believe deeds are more important than words. Treat us with respect we deserve and you will most likely get treated in the same fashion. You are free to establish embassies in any of the following locals:

Ket – Lopolla
Stonehold –Vlekstaad
The Bright Lands -- Ul-Bakak (not really the capital, but the only locale with the capacity to support embassies)
The Empire of Iuz – Dorakaa

Dorakaa, of course, is the seat of the central government. While you are free establish embassies in any or locales, please be aware of the following:

Ul-Bakak and Vlekstaad are have very harsh climates – Dry and hot, wet and cold respectively.

Dorakaa is, well, a lively place, and not for the faint of heart. Also, your movements in Dorakaa would be much more curtailed. This is not done out of mistrust, but for your ambassador’s own safety. Not all denizens of Dorakaa will be capable of understanding (or even care) what an “ambassador” is. It goes without saying that, anything that would harm your representatives would be blasted into oblivion if they tried anything, and you will receive our best protection while living there. Even with all of that, however, Dorakaa is not a safe place.

Of course, any other nation we currently have formal agreements with, may also establish embassies if they wish.

To Sollir Furryfoot – While the IBKSC is a strong believer in the concept of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”. That does not necessarily translate into the “the friend of my friend is my friend”. For nearly 60 years, the Bandit Lands were a part of the Empire of Iuz (which in turn is a member of the IBKSC). This is until Hellmaster Phibrizzo led a revolt against our leadership. While we salute his chaotic and independent nature, we cannot abide the disrespect he has shown those who are clearly his betters.

You have, however, offered to trade technology. We would be willing to establish a non-aggression pact if you would see such a trade as paying tribute (meaning you trade technology with us, but we don’t with you) to the IBKSC.

To everyone who is waiting for me to get back to them on something -- still waiting on a report from Edena. Edena when you get a chance if you could email me on my status, that would be great. I know you you just have to be beat.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Why do you think I've stayed out of the way?

Even though the majority of my army is teleport capable, the logistics would be thunderously painful to deal with. No, I'm staying out of the way and letting you all kill yourselves. Why do I need to get involved at all?

Also, WHERE IS VECNA? He's too powerful to overlook. Where the blazes is that demi-god?

(Won't be back until tomorrow - Big DnD game! Whee! Rappan Athuk, here we come. ^_^ I'm sure Edena knows how to best control the Solistarim in my abscence - After all, he invented them.)

Last edited:

John, knowing Edena he's always doing the things you are "complaining" about when you are "complaning" about them :D:D

Anab HF, I'm going out in 5 mins (saturday night 23:00:D). And tomorrow I'm having a DnD game as well Kalanyr and Edena will handle my forces. But I'll be back a few times to check in.

Turrosh, we have the robots of the barrier peaks :p

And they kicked williams B-hind once and they won't care to do it to someone else as well :)

Last edited:

John Brown:

That will be perfectly fine with me, so you can put the League of Warlords and Hellmaster Phibrizzo on your non-aggression pact.

William Ronald

Explorer
The forces of the Kevellond League -especially the druids and other spellcasters - try to stop the forest fires in Geoff.

The Forsaken One: We received fairly good intelligence (albeit from other sources) that your forces were going to strike first. Also, the e-mail you sent me indicated as such. As your wrote it in character, I assumed it to be the truth. Combine both things together, and you will see why I struck first. If you have strong evidence someone is going to kill you, you do have the right to self defense. This includes shooting first.

Also, I have proposed a prisoner of war exchange with you, Kalanyr and Festy Dog. They have been well treated.

Defensive lines going up.

Gnomeworks, Kaboom, Turrosh Mak, and all my allies: I have given you village-sized areas for your embassies. They are, of course, home ground for you. I ask that these places also serve to help educate one another about our respective cultures.

To Lord Iuz:

We would like to establish formal embassies with you, as Turrosh Mak has done. While we have had disagreements, we have kept our non-agression pact.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Turrosh, we have the robots of the barrier peaks :p

And they kicked williams B-hind once and they won't care to do it to someone else as well :)

Heh, I thought you were just being sarcastic, I forgot about the Barrier peaks 'bots.

I have never ever told you IC of a possible attack. I am NOT stupid. if you might have gotten it from Serpenteye of Iuz. That's possible. And oly from those 2 because only the DU Iuz and my underdark allies knew of this IC. No-one else knew at least not from me.
So IC you had to know it from one of them if you wanted to justify the I struck first thingie :) Cause I was planning to but no one knows so I'm just acting on the new situation IC as far as all concerned know.

yeah Ph34r my 1337 heatRays :D

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
What Melkor posted about dead lands above was a drastic understatement (and I intended to post this before I read his post.)

The Wild Coast, Dyvvers, and the eastern part of Gnarley Forest are dead.
The County of Urnst, is dead.
By dead, I mean DEAD.
The trees are skeletal, every leaf fallen, all the bark stripped, most of their branches still swaying in a wind that is far, far too cold for summer.
There is underbrush, the leaves turned ashen grey, then stems rotted and dead, somehow still standing.
There is grass, as grey as a leaden sky in winter.
There is no noise of insects.
There is not the sound of any bird to be heard.
No small animals scuttle through the gray leafed underbrush.
The sound of brooks, streams, and rivers can still be heard.
One looking at them, would see however, that the water has turned murky, sickly, and a deathly odor comes up from the water.
The ruins of towns and cities jut up from the grey landscape, like broken teeth out of rotting gums.
The Shadow has come to these lands, and entered into the very bedrock below, and all the region is dead, the soil as sterile as Terra's moon.

Except where the Shade have held the land the longest.
In the area of the Shadow Throne itself.
There, it seems grass, foliage, and trees are coming back to life.
Back to unholy unlife.
Leaves of gray, brittle and burned looking, are growing from stripped, skeletal limbs.
Fronds of gray are raising themselves out of the pallid ground.
Within the skeletal trees and grey underbrush, small things move, but they are not furry animals.
They are Shade animals, and to them all that lives is prey, to be torn and rended and devoured, even as the Shade animals prey on each other.
There, the rivers radiate cold, and they are black will the poison of Shade, and in them tiny things of Shade swim, the ghostly manifestations of fish.
The deadly poison of Shade has gotten into the Nyr Dyv, for it lies just north of the Shadow Throne.
The whole Nyr Dyv has turned a sickly grey, fouled and dirty, and millions of dead fish are washing up on all it's shores.
Those drinking from the Nyr Dyv fall sick, and many die. Others recover after a long illness.
The poison in the Nyv Dyv is steadily worsening.
The poison has gotten down into Wolly Bay.
The entire northern part of Wolly Bay is sickly grey, and again millions of dead fish are washing ashore, some as far south as the Pomarj.
The waters just north of the Pomarj are yet clear, but the poison is spreading, moving southward, ever southward, towards the open Azure Sea.

The war goes on, reaping it's toll of victims.
In the west, the combined elven, dwarven, gnomish, and gith spelljamming fleets are victorious against the scro, illithid and neogi, and those three fleets are forced to withdraw from their defensive positions over the Hellfurnaces.
The orcs and other humanoids of the western mountains are victorious against the Baklunish and their allies assailing them, and maintain their grip on those mountains.
Amedio Rainforest, as is already noted above, is burning, and with that burning hundreds of special kinds of life are burning away too, forever lost to the world.
The formian ant army marches back to the Hellfurnaces, well sated from it's diet of the people of the Yeomanry, which has been retaken in bitterness by the Kevellond League.
And all the while, Ket is laughing. Laughing, because they so delayed the Baklunish, and in so doing brought so much harm to the Kevellond League, their ancient foe.

In the southeast, the undead horror of Acererak is unstoppable.
Idee is whelmed, it's people massacred and devoured by hoards of ghouls and ghasts, their life essence devoured by wraiths and wights, spectres and liches.
Churches crumble and blast apart, as ghosts, heculva and coffer corpses throw unholy magic against them.
The doughty dwarves of the Iron Hills drown in the darkness of their own caves, as that darkness takes form and shape, and lashing out with red-tinged hunger and malice sucks them all in, never to be seen again.
Only in Irongate do the defenders manage to hold.
Only in Irongate.
It seems that Irongate has an inexhaustible supply of warriors, for when one falls, two more take his place.
Even after countless thousands are dead, Irongate has more warriors than it started out with.
Acererak discovers why. There is a permanent magical Gate linking Irongate to the Kevellond League and the Kingdom of Ulek (as per the official supplements), and through that Gate reinforcements keep coming through, keeping the city alive.
Keeping Acererak from total victory.

In the north, the elves of Delrune throw back the new assault from the Dark Union, for Gamboge Forest has long prepared for assault, and the wood and wild elves within it aren't pushovers of any sort.
Thousands of Union soldiers go down beneath their shafts.
Undead are destroyed by the shining symbols of the Seldarine, and the crystalline cities of southern Delrune repulse the attackers from their walls.

In the east, an unresolved and escalating battle is raging between the Fleet of the Lendores and the large Union force sent to destroy it.
Barbarian ships have come in droves to the aid of the Lendore Fleet, along with large numbers of tritons, merfolk, sea elves, and even locathah.
However, to the aid of the Union has come the might of the Sahuagin Empire, and the Union has sent major reinforcements to aid her mages.
Barrages of magic light up the skies, while below the ships the water runs red with the blood of those slain below.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(I realize that the Robots of the Barrier Peaks were claimed by Turrosh Mak.
It would appear that Turrosh Mak has lost control of them.
In fact, it would appear that they are now completely out of anyone's control.
In this case, that would be the truth.)

From the Barrier Peaks, a new terror has appeared.
A terror never before seen in the Flanaess, out of some hideous nightmare, but far worse, for this is reality and the deaths are all too real.
The robots have come down out of the mountains.
The weapons of the robots are the weapons of superscience.
Armor does not stop particle cannons or laser guns.
Spells generally don't stop high explosives or disintegration grenades.

Fortresses are blown asunder, their defenders rayed down.
In futility the mages and clerics of the Kevellond League hurl back spells, and a few robots fall before the powerful meteor swarms, walls of iron, harm spells, and a few sink in rock to mud spells.
Then they are rayed down, or cut in half by laser beams.
The massacre is total; the fortresses are stamped into the ground more effectively than any titan could have done the job.
The robots enter Bissel.
The Days of Terror will be the name of those days from now on, that assault on Bissel.
From those fleeing into Gran March and Veluna come tales too incredible to be believed of flying machines that shoot green death, of metal monsters that devour people alive, of walking towers that stomp buildings down under metal feet 20 feet across, of the fall of entire cities and their total destruction, lighting up the sky for 40 miles as they burn.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Well, the message you sent seemed to be in character. Sorry if I interprepted it if it wasn't. I did receive secondary information that made me strongly believe you were striking first. No offense meant.

Archcleric Hazen scries the devastated land and a look of horror mingled with sorrow forms on his face.

"Something must be done. I have tried to make peaceful overtures to people -- even with strong evidence that they were planning attacks. I believe it was my right to strike first if threatened."

"There is still no word about a prisoner exchange with the Hellfurnaces Alliance. I will resend the offer. I must consult with my allies for their counsel. I am considered wise, but find myself in need of their wisdom."

A clerk stops by and drops a list on the desk. Hazen turns - the list of the dead and devastated in the Flanaess.

He begins a prayer of mourning for the dead. The prayer goes on for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases