(IR) The 3rd IR, 2nd Turn (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maudlin

First Post
Acererak ripostes by eating the souls of the Irongate representatives.

He then assures the Dark Union that he has no current designs on their holdings, and that indeed, he has only recently acquired a shiny new gateway to largely unfortified lands in the west.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Then (since Alyx seems to be absent) the Alliance of the Rising Sun demands you cease your attack on the Fleet of the Lendores immediately.

Irongate isn't asking you to attack Acererak.
Irongate is asking you to make him cease and desist his attacks on them.

The Duchy of Urnst is asking that the assault on their country also cease, for a Shade army is assaulting it along with the Legions of the Warlords.

RULING: No, Acererak did not do so. The mages of Ulek and the Lortmil Technomancy destroy the Gate altogether, once they realize they cannot repair it (and after losing a number of people trying.)

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Conflict of interest indeed.
Until Melkor returns, I will speak for the Shades.

The Shades assure the Dark Union that:

1: Oerth will not be pulled into the Plane of Shadow
2: The poisoning won't affect Dark Union lands
3: The Shades have no harmful intentions towards the Dark Union.
4: The poisoning is a mere side effect of their presence, and easily annulled.

If it is that simple then there is no reason to continue the pollution. In the interest of peace we also urge the Shade to also reduce the poisoning inflicted on countries other than the Dark Union.
-
The Dark Union will not under any cirqumstances relinquish any of the lands that we have conquered and we do not expect other powers to do so. Our attacks on the enemy fleet and the Duchy of Urnst are called off, our forces retreat in good order and establish defences along the border. We send a message to all combatants asking them to ceace their current conflicts. Symbolic gifts are delivered to all rulers on Oerth.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Shade state that the pollution is an unintended side effect of their presence, and they will take care of it ... eventually.
But right now, they have a war with the Kevellond League, the Kingdom of Keoland, the Lortmil Technomancy, the Pomarj, and the Coalition of Light and Shadow.
Now, if these attackers were to STOP attacking them, then they might be able to address the pollution!

The Shades are willing to stop the assault on the Duchy of Urnst, if their allies insist on that.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
The Kevellond League responds and calls to the UC for help

Kalanyr posted the following:

The exchange of prisoners is agreed to, in the meantime the captives we hold our treated well, (better than our slaves in fact), they will be well fed and their wounds healed. We are willing to consider a truce (watchful of course) if you are agreeable. The terms are that you depart from the land myself and my allies held at the beginning of Turn 1 of the IR (Except for the Amidio Rainforest which you may have). If this is agreed to our troops go defensive and do not attack anyone not actively attacking them.

I believe Alyx controls the Amedio.

Darkness controls the lands of geoff, and that he will need to be brought into the negotiations as well. I will e-mail them to see what they wish to do. (I have just done so. I am willing to negotiate. They may be as well.)

However, I believe this is a start. It seems that I may have misread your intentions.

"The prisoners from the Hellfurnaces Front are to be exchanged for prisoners of war from us and our allies," Archcleric Hazen tells a clerk. "This is a positive development."

"The Baklunish-Esmerin Confederation is in possession of Geoff and Varnaith is in the Amedio Jungle. I shall contact their representatives. I hope that we will be able to work out a mutually satisfactory truce."

A message is sent to the UC of Toril's representatives requesting help against the robots. (Forrester check your e-mail.)

A message is sent to Kalanyr. "Are the robots under your control? These machines," Hazen pauses over the relatively new word, "are most unusual."

Defenses are set up against the robots. A request goes forth for aerial bombardment of the robots.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
RULING: No, Acererak did not do so. The mages of Ulek and the Lortmil Technomancy destroy the Gate altogether, once they realize they cannot repair it (and after losing a number of people trying.)
Fair enough.

However, being cut off from any outside aid and outnumbered about 12-to-1 in an ongoing attack, Acererak publicly wonders about what possible bargaining position the Irongaters delusionally consider themselves to still possess. They are doomed, and should try to die with some dignity.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A Sending from the Wanderer

A second Sending comes from the Wanderer.
It is short and to the point.

I warned all of you about the Torilians.
The Shades originated from Toril, for there they are known as the Church of Toril.
Now, this Church of Toril, calling itself the Shade Empire, has invaded our world, and seeks to destroy us all.
The Powers That Be upon Toril have tolerated this Church of Shade within their boundaries, and in so doing have thus sanctioned, or at least enabled, this Shade attack against us.
I say, kill the Torilians, be they Shade or living.
Expunge them from our world.
That would be Wisdom.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The Shade state that the pollution is an unintended side effect of their presence, and they will take care of it ... eventually.
But right now, they have a war with the Kevellond League, the Kingdom of Keoland, the Lortmil Technomancy, the Pomarj, and the Coalition of Light and Shadow.
Now, if these attackers were to STOP attacking them, then they might be able to address the pollution!

The Shades are willing to stop the assault on the Duchy of Urnst, if their allies insist on that.

The Legions of the Pomarj stop there advance on shade dominated regions arround Greyhawk. For Now.

We fortify all positions allong the northern border of the areas we have claimed, first quickly with dig spells, wall of stone, wall of Iron, etc and then reinforcing those defences in a traditional manner. Avanced Weapions and fresh troops are moved up to reinforce those lines. wounded and exhasted troops are moved back to the more secure positions in our (still living) part of the wild coast.

We halt our advance against the shade, but remain ever vigilant against signs of an attack or treachery from them. This ceace fire will remain in effect until broken.

We shall consult our allies on this mater.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- Can we regain control of the Robots? We have held them since before turn 1 (we traded with Turosh on 1 of the prep threads) and do not know why they are going on a rampage.

William- I am unsure if we control the robots if we do they will stand down forthwith. If we do not, we will aid you in dispatching the wild cards.

A message to Siobhan is also sent with the messenger who delivers this to the Archcleric. It appears to be a rather sappy love poem (it's actually an ancient elven love poem lost for millenia something Kalanyr remembers hearing long ago in his mortal youth).

-The highlight is just so BlackOmega doesn't miss this one like he did the second.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Do you speak for Dagger, Turrosh?
Is the Kingdom of Keoland stopping their assault against the Shades?

Williams, are the Hosts of Kevellond stopping their advance against the Shades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases