(IR) The 3rd IR, 2nd Turn (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Shade ambassador responds:

Of course we do not wish a war with the Empire of Iuz.
It is not our fault you have deployed forces to the Cairn Hills to our east, and to the Kevellond League, to our west.
Do not presume to tell us that this is meant as a peaceful gesture!

Do you realize that, while your forces are down here threatening us, the Solistarim are sitting on your northern border with their entire army, untouched?
They do not wish the Rule of Shade, of the Rule of Law.
They only wish the destruction of us all, as they themselves have stated.

The Union of Aerdi is wise, for it has fortified it's borders and has amassed it's troops.
Enemies that threatened it have been annulled, and through strength peace is kept.

Will you do this, Iuz?
Will you remain at peace, and observe the Rule of Law?

dagger

Adventurer
I will ferry the troops from Toril, taking care that no one can zap in and take control of the controls so to speak. Also I will be careful that the dwarves don't get to close to the robots.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- I thought you ruled that the Ferry Services were out of Action Points at the moment. Has this changed? If so I don't really mind just curious.

Forrester

First Post
*sigh*

Okay, hold on. Time out. I just looked at the map.

EDENA: What is the force of the Robots, approximately? 8PL?

If that's the case, then I have a change of plans. I'm not going to need any ferrying.

But I need 100% confirmation first that a 10 to 15PL force could take down the robots. (I can't believe Veluna doesn't have one -- shees!)

William Ronald

Explorer
Forrester,

Veluna and the other Kevellond League nations are not very large individually. At most each has about 8 PL or so.

I have granted the UC of Toril an embassy in my lands.

Also, Kalanyr, the dwarven spelljammers move at 200 miles per hour. Sufficient to move troops face.

Dagger, thanks again. See my e-mail.:)

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Re: A plea for help

William Ronald said:
The Kevellond League humbly and respectfully asks the Sky-Sea League and the Dwarven Spelljammers for their aid in transporting the troops of the UC of Toril to fight the robots.
We weren't asked but with the HF airbattle over...reluctantly...and only because it will save countless innocent lives in Veluna...the Elven Spelljammers will help get the troops of the UC there to stop them. If The Kevellond League can work with Iuz, we can work with the UC. This once.

"The Kevellond League agrees with the eloquent statements of Turrosh Mak, Emperor of the Pomarj. We stand with our allies. Our representative will arrive at the same time as the representative of the Emperor of the Pomarj."
The Coalition of Light and Shadow stands with it's allies will send a representative from the Seelie Court to this meeting. The cease fire will be honored. POW's (we took prisoners? Wow...) will be well treated and closely watched. the prisoner exchange idea is a good one.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ah, good.
Creamsteak's forces did not cause the Truce hammered out between Turrosh Mak, Dagger, Williams, and the Shades to collapse (hehe, I was so hoping he would attack ...)

- - -

The Torilians come to Veluna.
They go up against the robots.

None of those watching, via magic or otherwise, have seen anything like this before.
THESE are humanoids, with a capital H.
Think of Lurtz, from Fellowship of the Ring, with the brains of Einstein, and the psionic power of an Athan Adept to boot.
Think of kobolds with extremely high levels as sorcerers, able to move with the speed of a high level monk, and the fighting ability of the best of the warriors of the Scarlet Brotherhood.

They go in, and they take out those robots.
They know how to fight high tech enemies, unlike the Oerthians, for they've had to do it before.
They sneak, play hide and seek with the enemy radar and motion sensors, and they win as often as lose.
When they are hit by beam weapons or lasers, they survive hits that would kill an ordinary humanoid, or for that matter any human or demihuman.
Even missing arms, legs, or with hideous wounds across the torso, they somehow manage to leap right up and still smash at those robots.

They are carrying swords and daggers with enchantments that the adamantite armor of the robots cannot resist (imagine it hitting your knights with their ordinary armor, or better yet ... don't).
Those blades, sword and knife, go through the armor plating, into the chipboards, right into the motherboards that run the enemy computers, and control the robots.
The humanoids of Toril seem to know exactly where to strike.
They play cat and mouse with the big machines, until they have the chance to leap upon them, and hack through their legs, or carve holes in their foot thick armor, crawling inside to sabotage the device from within.
They hide underground, and come up below their foes, stabbing through their lower plates into their electronic brains.

Thousands of Torilian humanoids die in the assault, as the energy weapons and high explosives of the robots do their work, but the robots go down, one by one, until the battlefield is covered in the wreckage of robots for as far as the eye can see.

Finally, the robots realize that here is a force that is their match, and they retreat.
The humanoids give furious chase, and the robots continue to fall, stabbed, slashed, broken into spare parts, all the way back across Bissel, and far into the Barrier Peaks.

Only then do the humanoids of Toril stop pursuing.

The humanoids of Toril pursue without rest, without sleep, with a stamina and energy that would be a match for the Chosen of Mystra, and with a strength that rivals that of the titans.
Never before has Oerth been witness to such humanoids ... humanoids far superior in intellect and body than most of those they are defending.

When the battle is over, a great part of the Torilian force is dead, so they take their dead and return them to their base.
Apparently for resurrection.

That was only a tithe of the total force landed on Oerth by Toril.
A tithe. And it did all that.
Their main force did not deploy against the robots, or do anything at all.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
"Kender-kissing" my ass.

That was great.

Edena -- you can ignore my last email, I guess. Or take whatever parts of it you like -- clearly, what was important, happened :).

Turrosh Mak -- what do you think?

:D

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
William Ronald said:
I have contacted Darkness who is playing the Baklunish. I have asked them to call off the attack.
Done - we let the drow and their allies be. For now, at least...

JohnBrown

First Post
Correspendence to the Shade:

“Rule of Law, huh…cackle, cackle, cackle…That’s a good one…cackle, cackle, cackle”

“Your Rule of Law under you, I suppose” (Laughing continues for several pages)

“Oh, Oh, wait a minute, my side is beginning to hurt” (script gets a blurry as obviously the writer is grasping his side)

“Oh, Oh Melkor you jokester you…”

“Seriously, though have the troops entered your territory, no. We had discussed this at length and I thought we had come to an understanding. Clearly, this was not the case. The troops are merely there as a reminder. I can be your friend, I can be your enemy, or I can simply withhold my help and the forces of good will swarm you under.”

“My patience grows thin and my troops restless”

Iuz the Giggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases