Wild Magic
Tides of Chaos
Font of magic 3Sp
Twinned spell
Heightend spell

BACKGROUND
Noble
Feature
Retainer: You have the service of three retainers loyal to your family.These retainers can be attendants or messengers, and onemight be a majordomo. Your retainers are commoners whocan perform mundane tasks for you, but they do not fightfor you, will not follow you into obviously dangerous areas (such as dungeons), and will leave if they are frequentlyendangered or abused
Trait: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal: Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family
Bond:The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.
Flaw: By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family

Personal Info
Skin:Pale
Hair:Dark Green
Eyes:Green
Height:5ft 10
Weight:110lbs
The bastard child of a noble house made legitimate being the only male heir. Despised by the lords wife due to the constant reminder of infidelity. Ramas was sent away at a young to a Merchants guild to study the arts of business in order to "help him run the house" one day. The guild mysteriously burnt down on the night of Ramas 18th birthday with no survivors apart from Ramas.

Ramas returned home a rebellious soul he had changed in his time in the guild spending most of his time in the city drinking and brawling. In one such fight Ramas's arm was crushed and never healed properly and is unable to hold much weight, he bears this wound as a reminder there is always some one stronger than oneself out there.

Upon returning Rama spent little time in the manor his step mother made it unbearable to be there he instead spent his time in the town aiding the locals in minor tasks with his magic,which he kept hidden from his family. During this time he stumbled across an injured goblin in the woods beset by wolves a forest fire later the goblin was saved and swore his life to Ramas in return for saving him.

A legitimate heir was born upon Ramas's 22nd birthday forcing Ramas out the house as even his farther now scorned him. He plundered the family coffers and a letter of worth and set out to build his own house on his own land.

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Threndanier “Thren”

Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk 3
Alignment: NG
Background: Cloistered Scholar
Ability Scores:
-STR: 11
-DEX: 20
-CON: 16
-INT: 14
-WIS: 18
-CHA: 8
AC: 19
Init. Bonus: +5
Speed: 45ft.
HP: 27
Hit Dice: 2d8
Prof. Bonus: +2

COMBAT
Attack Bonus:
--Melee: +7
--Ranged: +7

LANGUAGES/PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Primordial
Armor: none
Weapons: Simple , unarmed, longsword, shortsword, longbow
Tools: cartographers tools
Skills: acrobatics, history, nature, perception, stealth
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity

INVENTORY
Darts x 10
Shortsword
Explorer’s Pack

RACIAL TRAITS
Darkvision 60ft
Fey Ancestry
Mask of the Wild

CLASS FEATURES
Unarmoured Defence
Martial Arts
Ki (3 Points DC 14)
- Flurry of Blows
- Patient Defence
- Step of the Wind

Deflect Missile: 1d10+8, Spend 1Ki to throw (20/60)
Unarmoured Movement - 10ft

Way of Shadow: Spend 2 Ki, cast Darkness (Here Kitty Kitty), Darrkvision (Cat's Eye), Pass without Trace (Kitty Soft Paws)
Minor Illusion - Cantrip

FEATS
---N/A

BACKGROUND
Library Access
Trait: I am horribly, horribly awkward in social settings
Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and improvement is through knowledge.
Bond: I work to preserve the library.
Flaw: I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.

[sblock=Ministats]

AC: 19
Init. Bonus: +5
Speed: 45ft.
HP: 27
Hit Dice: 2d8

COMBAT
Attack Bonus:
--Melee: +7 1d4+5
--Ranged: +7

CLASS FEATURES
Unarmoured Defence
Martial Arts
Ki (3 Points DC 14)
- Flurry of Blows
- Patient Defence
- Step of the Wind

Deflect Missile: 1d10+8, Spend 1Ki to throw (20/60)
Unarmoured Movement - 10ft

Way of Shadow: Spend 2 Ki, cast Darkness (Here Kitty Kitty), Darrkvision (Cat's Eye), Pass without Trace (Kitty Soft Paws)
Minor Illusion - Cantrip

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor Stormcaller, Cleric of Valkur 3
[sblock=Attributes rolled]
Abilities: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 4, 4, 5] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 5, 4, 5] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 6, 2, 1] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 1, 4, 2] = 10
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 6, 6, 6] = 18
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 6, 2, 1] = 9
[/sblock]

STR 13 +1 (+2)
DEX 13 +1 (+2)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 18 (+4)
CHA 9 (-1)

Feats:
Bonus: Magic initiate (druid): Shillelagh, Druidcraft && Faerie Fire

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Human)
Init: +2
Passive Perception: 14

DEFENSES
AC: 18 (14 chain , +2 Dex +2 shield)
HP: 24 (8 +2 Con) +7/lvl
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma

Extra skill (Perception)
Extra language (Primordial (Aquan) )

3 cantrips
4 1st level spells
2 2nd level spells

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee:
Staff +4 / 1d6 +2 (versatile)
Club +4 / 1d6 +2
Shillelagh +6 / 1d8 +4

CLERIC
Proficiencies:
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields Weapons: All simple weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: History, Religion

City Watch
Insight, Investigation
2 languages (sea elves, one unknown)

Proficient in: Insight (City Watch), Investigation (City Watch), History (Cleric), Religion(Cleric), Perception (Human)
SkillAttribModProfTotal
AcrobaticsDEX+2+2
Animal HandlingWIS+4+4
ArcanaINT0
AthleticsSTR+2+2
DeceptionCHA-1-1
History INT0+2+2
InsightWIS+4+2+6
IntimidationCHA-10-1
InvestigationINT+0+2+2
MedicineWIS+4+4
NatureINT+0+0
PerceptionWIS+4+2+6
PerformanceCHA-1-1
PersuasionCHA-1-1
ReligionINT+0+2+2
Sleight of HandDEX+2+2
StealthDEX+2+2
SurvivalWIS+4+4

[sblock=Spells]
0: Druidcraft, Shillelagh, Sacred Flame, Guidance, Mending
1: Faerie Fire, Bless, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
(for exploration of the haunted manor, prepared Detect magic instead of command)
2: Hold Person, Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
Cutlass (warhammer)
Club
Net
Scale mail 50 gp 14 + Dex modifier (max 2) — Disadvantage 45 lb.
any simple weapon (club)
a priest's pack
A shield and a holy symbol

Trinket:
A blank book whose pages refuse to hold ink, chalk, graphite, or any other substance or marking
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tempest Domain Spells]
1st fog cloud, thunderwave
3rd gust of wind, shatter
5th call lightning, sleet storm
7th control water, ice storm
9th destructive wave, insect plague
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wrath of the Storm]
Also at 1st level, you can thunderously rebuke attackers. When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest
[/sblock]

[sblock=Channel Divinity]
Turn Undead:
Action: Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. It can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

Destructive Wrath:
When you roll lightning or thunder damage, deal maximum damage, instead of rolling.
[/sblock]

[sblock=HISTORY]
Once upon a time there was a fishing village. Fairly prosperous, happy outgoing people that enjoyed simple life. Living of the sea, not above occasional raid of their neighboors, but all in all, fishing village. There was a storm one night, storm of storms that came at the village from the mountains, announced by refugees from other villages deeper inside the land. Thinking quickly, the elders put everyone on ships and they set off as far and as fast as they could. The storm chased them across the ocean carrying the ships faster and further away. When even experienced fishermen among the populace started to loose hope, they ran into small archipelago. The current generated by the storm ran them between the islands and the storm broke over small mountains on the first line of islands. Thanking their gods, the people found suitable cove and surveyed their surroundings. Exhausted from the night on the edge, they rested for a day, only later looking behind them for any lost ships, people or items. What they found was amazing. They hauled all the goods the storm carried with it, veritable treasure trove from the land of their origin. There were barrels of salted fish, of wine and beer, entangled nets filled with tools, fish, occasional dead body of animals and men, sharks already circling hungrily under them.

Thus, the tradition of chasing storms started along with new life on the archipelago. It was safe haven, far enough from the land to be safe from land based bandits, small enough not to attract pirate fleets and yet close enough for occasional trading trip to the mainland. As the storm season began in earnest, people built themselves shelters, partly within natural caves, partly outside from wood brought by the storm or chopped from native woods. As storms passed over the archipelago, people ran into their boats and followed the storm, taking what it left behind and running away if it turned toward them. Over generations, new kind of fishermen (and women) emerged, those who could sense weather patterns, those who knew the shifts of nature and wiles of Umberlee. These people, druids, clerics and sorcerers all, were known together as Stormcallers.

Luthor was born on one such ship, his mother stormcaller on the ship, she and her apprentice only females on the ship. As the babe was born, the storm turned directly toward the ship. With their stormcaller incapacitated, the apprentice did what she could, but the storm was faster. Finally, in the act of desperation, they lowered the child into small dinghi in hopes of stopping the storm. The storm stopped over the boy as the ship made its escape. A day later, dinghi was found bumping gently into the ship, the babe naked with ash of its cover still over it and having obvious sign of a lighting strike. As it cried, St.Elmos fire appeared on the mast and thunder was heard from the clear sky. Shaken, the apprentice took the baby and the ship returned to its home port, empty handed and terrified.

The boy grew strong, fast and hardy, spending more time on ships than on land. Even going so far to stow away when his mother tried to leave him ashore. Trouble was, he was untrained, he could feel the storm, but more often than not, he would call it toward himself instead of following or correnting its path. But he learned fast, his innate sense of the sea, of right patterns and wrong turns guided by Stormcallers, both on land and ship. But for the teenage boy, it was all to long, he yearned to be among the waves, to feel the freedom of the open sea without the need to guard the crew.
Thus, on one stormy night he took sturdy boat, extra rope, sails and net and went directly into the storm. He traveled with it whole night, unwittingly repeating the story of his ancestors. Except he went ever further from their original land. The boat leaking water and floundering, the boy at the end of his endurance were found by people living off the sea in unknown land. They had a discussion of Umberlees will, if the boy was blessing or a curse. Should he be spared as a child of the sea or sacrificed to the Bitch Queen.

Finally, the voice of the lone priest, Sinclair of Valkur, a visitor (shipewrecked) to the village prevailed and he took the boy with him. The boy lived there for a year, learned their language and learned that they are the last of the villages that dotted this shores. He talked about the land on the other side of the sea. But he couldn't know exactly where it was since the storm that brought him here hid any sign of stars or direction. Finally, the priest decided he had to see for himself. They equipped his own boat and waited for the storm going out. Divinations lead them to start their travel at Shattering, high holiday of Valkur in early spring. After long, gruelling month at the sea they found new land in which people spoke the same language as the boy. But who never heard of Stormcallers. They needed time to recuperate, resources to repair the boat to start going up and down the shore to look for people who knew something of Luthors people.

Soon, old priest helped local navy, fishermen, guards and merchants with his expertise which left Luthor again alone, foreigner in the strange land. To pass the time, he followed Sinclair, the priest on his duties. As he grew into man, Luthor joined City Watch and soon he was investigating various crime scenes. He trained with The Guard, but felt the call of the sea. The year passed and Sinclair fell into bed, old age finally catching up with old captain. At his death bed he gave Luthor an empty book and told him to study it as he could. At appropriate time it would write his destiny, but only if he returns to the land beyond the sea.

Thus, when the expedition was announced, he was one of those who volunteered to go, to bring word of Order and Valkur to the lands beyond.
[/sblock]

[sblock=VALKUR DOGMA]There is nothing more invigorating than challenging the elements. The feel of wind and spray on one's face and the deck pitching beneath one's feet is the greatest feeling in the world. If humankind is to expand its reach, daring men and women must defy the odds and dare the impossible. The thrill of exploration is sweeter than wine or rum. There is always risk, but without risk life is empty. Life is to be lived and damn the consequences. One's loyalties are first to one's mates, then to one's ship, and then to Valkur, who protects all sailors. Rely not on Valkur's hand to always extract you from difficulties, for such is coddling and leads to a lack of challenge and the room to grow. Rather, Valkur helps those actively solving their own problems by helping their plans work.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
'Steely' Dahn

Race: Warforged
Class: Fighter 1
Alignment: CG
Background:
Ability Scores:
-STR: 17(+3) [16+1R]
-DEX: 12(+1)
-CON: 14(+2) [13+1R]
-INT: 14(+2)
-WIS: 10(+/-0)
-CHA: 13(+1)
AC: 18
Init. Bonus: +1
Speed: 30ft.
HP: 12
Hit Dice: 1d10

COMBAT
Attack Bonus:
--Melee: +5
--Ranged: +3

LANGUAGES/PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan
Armor: All Armor and Shields
Weapons: Simple and Martial Weapons
Tools: Thieve's Tools
Skills: Perception, Intimidation, Arcana, Investigation
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution

INVENTORY
--Armor: Chain Mail
--Weapon 1: Greatsword
--Weapon 2: Longsword
--Weapon 3: Light Crossbow
--Other: 20 bolts, Explorer's Pack, Monster Hunter's Pack, Strange Medallion with Vecna'a Holy Symbol on it
--Coin: 200gp

RACIAL TRAITS
---Composite Plating
---Living Construct

CLASS FEATURES
---Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting
---Second Wind(1d10+1)

FEATS
---N/A

BACKGROUND
-- Haunted One(CoS)
--Feature: Heart of Darkness
--Harrowing Event: An Evil Necromancer stripped my soul from me, and placed it within this metal body I now inhabit.
Trait: I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
Ideal: I'll rid myself of the curse that haunts me or die trying.
Bond: My torment drove away the person I love. I strive to win back the love I’ve lost.
Flaw: I feel no compassion for the dead. They’re the lucky ones.

For those who don't remember my character was searching for knowledge of who he once was, while a strange being(Vecna) torments him from time to time, referring to Dahn as his Champion.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Thateous

Explorer
1st Day of Mirtul: Midday

The sun is high and the air salty as you set sail for distant lands. As the sailors hustle all around, you take a second to ponder on how exactly you ended up here. Was it a message on a notice board? Was it a helpful tip from an old friend. Were you running from your past? Were you called Westward by a Higher Power? Were you drawn in by the crowd at the docks and the line of willing travelers? Whatever it was that drew you to the docks, it was your perceived potential by the owner of the Zircon Trading Company himself that got you on this boat.
As you snap back into reality you are shuffled into a corner of the boat with the rest of the passengers. You look around you discern that there seems to be around 50 passengers of all walks of life. Some are children that cling to their parents side, some are working men and women holding close their belongings and tradecraft tools. A few among you look capable of handling yourselves in a conflict. At the head of the crowd a dark skinned human who looks like he’s seen a battle or two addresses the crowd. His voice is loud and commands respect. He introduces himself as Jacquees the First Mate of the Sea Breeze and goes over protocols and expectations for the trip. As he’s speaking a well dressed man casually strolls down the stairs from the poop deck staring at a manifest of some kind. When Jacquees notices the man in his peripheral he snaps to attention before saying ”Captain!” Several of the nearby Sailors also snap to attention as well. The Captain gives a nonchalant hand wave before disappearing into a door. The Sailors return to their duties and Jacquees continues with his brief, ”That is Captain Kunka and as you can see he is a very busy man.” Once Jacquees is done the group is taken below deck, where numerous hammocks hang, and told to get comfy as there are two months of sea travel ahead of them.

3rd Day of Mirtul: Dawn
You awaken to an ear piercing sound that jolts you violently from your deep sleep to a wide awake state. Everyone hurries to the main deck and their heads instinctively turn to the horizon where sailors are pointing. Those with keen eyesight notice the small silhouette of a ship way off in the distance. A hole is made as the captain approaches the railing. Silence befalls the ship as the Captain grabs a spyglass off of his belt and peers through. “It’s as I figured,” he says he returns his spyglass to it place on his hip, ”pirates.” The deck erupts in an uproar but there are noticeably two different reactions. Many of the passengers show clear signs of panic as some hurry off to cower below deck while others seem frozen in place, but the Sailors seem excited. Jacquees approaches that Captain and awaits his orders and the deck grows silent again. The Captain looks around at all the faces before him and then settles his gaze on Jacquees. A sly smile finds its way to his face before he says,”Prepare for combat.” The Sailors erupt once again, with some even drawing their blades in the excitement. Jacquees unhooks a whip from his belt and cracks it before he begins to spout a stream of orders. Many of the passengers are hurried far below deck into the cargo hold, but a handful remain top side, clearly capable of combat, ready to assist in the upcoming brawl.
The adrenaline and excitement has stabilized top side as the pirate vessel, spotted way out, slowly but surely gains on the Sea Breeze. The hostile ship, lighter and fitted for speed, begins to enter longbow range as arrows begin to upon The Sea Breeze, but falling harmlessly in the water. A passenger that stayed to fight, a half-elf dressed in fine clothes, begins whispering and motioning his hands towards the pirate ship. The deck, already silent with anticipation, turn their attention to half-elf. A fiery missile explodes from his outstretched hand shortly followed by another and then another. The crew, in unison, turn their heads as the missiles find their marks with measured precision. The sails of the pirate ship burst into flames and the pirate ships momentum quickly plummets. The crew erupts with cheers just as the Sea Breeze turns hard to port. The crews attention quickly turns to the helm where the Captain sports a sly smile. He nods in appreciation to the half-elf before yelling, ”Clear the bow! Take hold of something and prepare the ship to ram!” Sailors quickly move several barrels from the bow and secure them around the main mast before grabbing hold of whatever nets or railing is near.
The pirates, still focused on the growing inferno above, are caught completely off guard as the Sea Breeze plows into them. The collision is violent and many splashes can be heard all around as wood shatters under the impact. As you regain your senses you notice the two ships are now connected, with the Sea Breeze nearly splitting the pirate ship in two. In the chaos Jacquees’ voice can be heard spouting orders and rallying the men just as the pirates come streaming onto the ship. A larger man steps from the now smoking pirate ship yelling,”This be my ship now! Kill’em all!"

OOC: Roll initiative

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases