D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
21 Kythorn/Mid-day
Round 3

The giant shark circled around for another pass. Still bracing at the rail, Arjhan called down holy fire once more on the evil creature.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Cast Sacred flame. DC 13 Dex save negates.
Sacred Flame: 1D8 = [5] = 5
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/3): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Deciding to prevent the shark from another pass, Luthor pulls out big guns. Calling upon guidance of his god, silvery bolt streaks from his hand and solidly impacts the beast. However, more useful is the faint silvery thread that tracks its movement, guiding the next hit.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: maintain hold
Action: Guiding Bolt vs Shark; damage: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
4D6 = [4, 5, 2, 3] = 14
- next attack (ballistae?) has advantage on the attack
[/sblock]

OOC: Hi, all. Changed Tarukka can be seen in OOC thread. I will speak in DarkGreen and think in LightGreen italics

Tarukka looks at the shark, unaffected for now by their efforts. Deciding to save his magic for the moment he shoots a bolt into the beast. The bolt skips across the sea finally embedding itself into its thick hide. It is not clear if the beast was hurt by the hit, but he reloads anyhow.

Actions:
Minor: N/A
Move: brace for impact
Standard: Light Crossbow vs Shark AC: piercing damage: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11; 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Light Crossbow vs Shark AC (advantage): 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

OOC: I re-rolled first attack due to Luthors guiding bolt. Sorry, I didn't catch that, I could have waited for balista.

Thateous

Explorer
As the shark begins to double back for a second attack it is hit with a volley of ranged attacks before it slams into the ship again.
OOC: Firbolt from Ramas hits, roll damage. Stole the advantage for the balista because it originally rolled a 1 and broke.
Shark damage so far: 50
Ship condition: less than good (taking on water)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
21 Kythorn/Mid-day
Round 4

Arjhan thought he heard something crack in the ship. That couldn’t be good. As the shark fell back for another pass, once again he called down the sacred flames of Sylvanus on the creature.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Cast Sacred flame. DC 13 Dex save negates.
Sacred Flame damage: 1D8 = [1] = 1
Ugh. I’m worthless!
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/3): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor uses the proximity of the beast to bathe it into flickering St.Elmos fire making the targeting a bit easier.

"Don't cast cantrips! Hit it as hard as you can! It will sink us, this is not the time to save resources!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: keep hold of the ship
Action: cast Faerie Fire (Shark needs Dex DC 14 save or grant advantage to all attacks for the next minute)
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I had a tourists tour and ended up sick afterwards :( Curse of the tourist guide :)

Tarukka waits for the shark to come around and throws a bit of water toward it. The water instantly turns into ice and speds after it. After embedding into the monster hide the icicle explodes, momentarily freezing the water around great fish.

"Lets hope this slows it a bit. Captain, do you have a big net or something to keep it close and stop it from ramming us? We could fight it easier if it was trashing next to the ship rather than waiting for it to run by us again and again. Balistae, get it!"

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus: N/A
Move: anchor to the ship
Action: Ice Knife with advantage; piercing damage; cold damage: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
1D10 = [4] = 4
2D6 = [1, 2] = 3
- way under average roll :( at least I hit it :) - note that there is no advantage if faerie fire from neurotic doesn't take hold.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases