D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
Morning
Round 0

The large draconic man approached them and gave a slight bow. “Praise Sylvanus we were successful this day,” he said, speaking their Common Tongue in a far eastern accent. One did not see dragonborn this far west, rare and unique creatures in this part of the world, though obviously plentiful where he came from. “I am Arjhan Daardendrian, a priest of Sylvanus. We should begin tending to the wounded.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)*
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (1/3): Animal Friendship (Domain), Speak with Animals (Domain), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ramas ignores the greeting completely blinded by his rage and is silently hurling streaks of fire over the side of the ship. His father would be proud that all those etiquette lessons haven't gone to waste.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
Morning
Round 0

Arjhan looked with sympathy as Thren ran for the rails. “I will make you some tea,” he told the man. “It will perhaps help settle your stomach.” He put a scaly hand on the man’s back.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)*
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (1/3): Animal Friendship (Domain), Speak with Animals (Domain), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor approaches Ramas, coming from the side and staying two paces on the side.

"Friend, your pacifism is praise worthy and your anger at unnecessary death commendable. In better world we might be able to indulge in such high ideals. But we're far from civilization and these..." he motions toward the prisoners "...would make you a slave or worse. Have no doubt that if they won there wouldn't be anything but cruel sport before we're all killed or sold. We're in for a long journey with limited supplies and people who cannot contribute or who are risk for the crew are danger for everyone. I understand the sentiment, but The Sea is harsh and High Captain does not protect does who don't protect themselves. Would you split your rations three ways to keep these two alive if we run into such trouble? How far would you go to keep them alive? And how far do you think they would go if it is only three of you remaining?

Sharks don't ask their prey if it wants to be eaten. You can protect some of them from needless slaughter, but if one attacks you or your crew, you put it down for good."

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ramas stops hurling fire."While my recruitment may have been naive, ill agree. There was absolutely no reason to engage those pirates they where dead in the water they had no sails, instead of leaving it the cpt recklessly rammed their vessel endangering everyone aboard our vessel. Things could of been much worse what if we couldn't have unjammed our vessel? What if we sprung a leak?. My issue is not with violence but with needless violence."

Ramas leaves the deck and heads down to check on Strix and everyone else below deck before throwing himself in his bunk.

Neurotic

"Yes, it was. But it is done. Hopefully with everyone a bit wiser for that." Luthor says it a bit louder than strictly necessary, seemingly to catch the ear of retreating Ramas. But loud enough so that captain hears the exchange. It wouldn't do to berate the captain directly, but making him aware of the danger...quite another thing.

Luthor decides to assign this behaviour to captains lack of experience with long journeys. This time. But he will keep an eye for any suspicious behaviour. It woudn't be first time to hear the story of ship lost at sea with all passengers and their goods lost. And new, never before seen, ship coming into the ports nearby some time later. With full cargo hold and valuables.

Last edited:

Neurotic

For the remaining journey, young priest tried to get everyone together so everyone gets to know each other. The strength of the ship depends on the strength of its crew and conflict among the ranks is never good idea.

He performed the rest of his duties without complaint, checking the weather, warning about the storms to come and occasionally correcting course some to avoid worst of the storms effects. He tried to include the rest of the passengers in crew duties, both for safety and for the sense of belonging. And to delay boredom as much as possible. There was always something to do, lookouts, healing the sick or injured, or hunting. Menial tasks, thats what the crew was for. But if someone had Mending spell he would fast become the favorite person on the ship :)

OOC: We can move on

Thateous

Explorer
Mid-day , 21st Day of Kythorn

After encountering the pirates the days go by one at a time remaining uneventful, until during the final week while the sun is at its highest the alarm rings.

The lookout manages a yells even after stumbling over his words. "S S SHAR SHARK!"

The Captain and most of the crew are confused by the alarm and the mans reaction to a simple shark. Everyone tried to get a look at what the big deal was. Only the observant could tell the reason for the disturbance. From this distance it appeared to be a normal sized shark, but that was the problem. From far away it appeared average in size, so up close it must be... It was as if everyone intelligent enough to put two and two together all clicked at the same time. Gasps and cries of oh my rang out in the growing crowd. A few passengers bolted below deck before Captain Kunka could speak. "All men to their stations." he barked. Just as the order was given so too did it seem that the shark had received its orders.

It had only been circling in the distance off the starboard bow, but now. It was rushing with maddening fury towards the ship. Those who couldn't see it before realized quickly as the shark tore through the water that this thing was HUGE. The passengers began rushing below deck as the call to arms was called.

OOC: Roll initiative.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Azurewraith

Explorer
As the alarm bell rings Ramas sighs. Turning to Strix "I'm not going up there... I'm not......... Really leave the barbarians to there blood sport" The goblin merely looks at Ramas and throws him the very plain staff propped up next to the bunk. Ramas sighs againAh your right, someone will need to look after them.

Ramas heads up the the deck and looks around to see what the commotion is all about upon noticing the giant shark surging towards them he quickly braces himself for the incoming impact.
OOC: [roll0]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases