Enworld Vs. The Universe - Retrogaming, Music, and Superpowers or Whatever [INTEREST CHECK]

Jago

Explorer
(My humor is very subtle, you see).

I'm still dealing with 'net problems anyway once I get home, apparently our wiring blew out, not just our router, so I'll really be down to like 2 sentence posts on my phone all weekend, unless a technician miraculously comes in tomorrow.

Jago

Explorer
So Internet is stable again, which is very good. And I've spoken to someone else who would be interested in playing something like this, so if we can get 2 more folks to jump in, I think we have a game, here.

Jago

Explorer
I do not believe we did though I am leaning further towards BESM just because of the crazy customization ability and the fact that it is suuuuper simple.

... Granted, Cypher is also super simple, but there is a fondness in my heart for an Anime-style system to play an Anime-style game.

Jago

Explorer
My book is at home, I'll have to wait until then to look that over, but the idea would generally be "Human but with a little more Oomph". I ... I believe I recall that like 100 Points is considered like "Mortal"? So I think like 150 or so would be pretty appropriate.

If I am correct. I may not be correct. But I'll get a solid answer in a few hours.

Shayuri

First Post
No need to wait.

Human is 100-149
Heroic is 150-299
Mythical 300-499
Superhuman 500-699
Superpowered 700-999
Godlike 1000+

I don't think I've played a game that had more than 300 points to start with (though they tend to escalate quickly).

Jago

Explorer
Oh man, awesome! Thanks!

Let's do 200, then, that seems enough to be able to experiment with crazy concepts while still having 5 ranks in NES Games and Cooking each.

Shayuri

First Post
Sounds solid.

I have a VERY rough idea of a 'military brat.' Quiet and kind of ominous, intense. Has access to machine guns and attack helicopters and access codes for the orbital laser satellites...because dad's in the Army. May have to answer to Dad if collateral damage exceeds a certain threshold. Dreads being sent to 'military academy.' Has no actual interest in war or military things, but has absorbed a lot of incidental knowledge by simple osmosis.

Or!

Maybe a super popular 'hip' kid who is secretly a huge nerd, but who fears using his nerdy powers lest the secret come out. Or, maybe more interestingly, maybe a person who maintains a separate 'hip and popular' and 'nerd' identity, and is his own archnemesis.

Hmmm.

You can do crazy things with BESM. I will have to peruse and see what comes together.

Jago

Explorer
Either sounds pretty great. I definitely think both would have a lot of fun things to incorporate into the game.

My idea for plot, before we get into actual character stories, focuses on The Glow (from the comic, as the movie did not actually feature this).

The idea would be that all the PCs were at The Chaos Theater when Scott defeated Gideon at the very end of the series, and thus were all affected by The Glow: "emotional warfare" that lovingly traps you in your own head with your personal issues and heightening your negative feelings while suppressing positive ones during times of stress. While the rest of the clubbers at The Chaos Theater were freed from this terrible manipulation when Gideon burst into millions of coins, for soooome reason, our wonderful PCs still experience this strange phenomenon. As The Glow is basically emotional poison, it can be assumed that this is a bad discovery.

Naturally, the PCs may want to find a way to get rid of it, or maybe find a way to live with it or even use it in some way.

Remove ads