D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Creamsteak

Explorer
The column here is wider than the one in the room you were initially tied up, but of similar construct. A gap allows a limited amount of draining, chains hang from above along with shackles, and it looks to be in a poor state of repair. To the north, south, and east are hallways that each terminate in a large reflective mirror. The chains and shackles seem to be oriented so that the guests would be able to see themselves... perhaps.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    510.6 KB · Views: 134

Azurewraith

Explorer
Naeris quickly retracts his head quickly from the hole and wanders around a little seemingly lost fiddling with the buckle on his belt. "Which way do we go? i dont like the look of the door seems to elaborate to be for nothing not sure how keen i am on going deeper either, on a positive note i did get here from below. We cant stay here long."

tglassy

Adventurer
Koregar made his way to the mirror on his right (north), looking in to it carefully. He knew as well as anyone how dangerous magic could be, but couldn't help his curiosity.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I legitimately don't know how mirrors would look against various different kinds of dark vision, though I guess most things are "low light" vision now.

The dwarf finds a stout reflection in his match. Upon closer inspection the northern mirror suspicious, like it's not perfectly reflective. You can just barely see through it at certain angles. There's something behind it.

OOC: Somehow you got a natural 20 insight check.

tglassy

Adventurer
"Come look at this mirror," Koregar calls out to his newfound companions, though only loud enough so they can hear him. "Looks like there's somethin' behind it. Maybe another way out?"

Azurewraith

Explorer
Naeris heads over to where the dwarf is standing looks the mirror up and down "We could smash our way through" Naeris says rummaging in his pack for his hammer "But first" Naeris brushes back his hair and presses his pointy ear up against the mirror listening intently for a second "If we smash it we give up our location these hallways look like they will carry sound remarkably well... we still dont know if more of those creatures are inside those other doors" Naeris mumbles with his ear still pressed to the glass

OOC: _: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

How much time has passed since we left the initial room at this point?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
You don't hear anything particularly loud coming from behind the mirror, but you do feel air flow. Maybe two minutes at most have passed.

Uller

Adventurer
"It looks to me like someone derives pleasure from watching whatever happens to people chained to this pillar. They can probably see through the mirror. "

Siljar covers his light completely to try to make it easier to see through the mirror.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases