D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
Not having detected any lethal threats in and around the doorway, Whisper moved in and attempted to pick the lock of the door. She definitely didn't answer any of the helpful queries. The light from the human spellcaster seemed to help.

OOC: Move: 5' to BH49
Action: Dexterity (Thieve's Tools) to pick door lock w/Advantage - Better of [roll0] or [roll1]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whisper unlocks the door. It opens to a hallway with doors across and to the left. Each of these doors has a large heavy wooden bar across them. Noticeably, so does the opposite side of the door you just opened. The hallway continues to the north, but your illumination is limited.

The creature howls and you notice its kicks this time seem to rattle your makeshift nails out of place such that they need to be nailed down again... or abandoned... but the creature is still held down.

Siljar's action.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    286.1 KB · Views: 226

Uller

Adventurer
"Let's make sure. Here....wrap it around 4 or 5 times and tie it." That will hold it long enough for us to get out of here." Siljar hands the end of his rope to Koregar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
"After 200 years, I'd better know how to tie a durned rope," Koregar said as he grabbed the rope and began weaving it around the coffin, using the pitons and the sides of the coffin as leverage.

The creature's hollering and banging was shaking the nails, Koregar could see, and that wasn't good. It'd get out of here soon if it kept that up.

"Quit yer bellyaching!" Koregar yelled out to the creature, banging on the lid, "Or I'll give ye somethin' to cry about!"

He turned to the others, "What are ye waitin' fer? A written invitation? Let's get out o' this death trap!" and then he bustled towards the door.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Naeris heads out the door gives his new surroundings a once over looking for something to bar the door with [roll0] "Hurry up bearded friend, and shut the door on your way out would you"

Creamsteak

Explorer
The party slips out the door leaving a tied and bolted coffin behind and lowering the heavy wooden bar designed to hold hte door behind them shut. For good measure, the door can be locked as well. Faint thumping can still be heard behind it.

We are out of combat, for the moment.

You find yourself in a hallway, the stone here is the same as in the previous room. Two almost identical doors to the one you just passed through can be seen. The hallway continues to the north then splits.

The place is dark and silent other than the thumping and your own light spell. The air is largely stale.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 215

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper rasped, "Hold on a second..." Approaching the barred door, she used her lockpick in an attempt to jam the door shut. She wasn't entirely confident in the job, but there wasn't really any time to waste. "Well, I guess that'll do," she whispered, "so who are you all? She edged as far away form the drow as possible.

OOC: Dexterity (Thieve's Tools): [roll0]

Azurewraith

Explorer
" I suggest the intorductions can wait we still dont know if that thing is fully secure we should keep moving and find a safe place to regroup and hunker down, it is not safe here. My eyes are accustmed to this gloom wait here a moment i shall see what is at this junction" naeris was all ready moving towards the junction as he was finishing his sentence moving slowly and deliberately as to not make any untoward noise on the old flag stones

OOC: [roll]1d20+5[/roll]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases