Vampire: Past the Masquerade, How Not to Suck

Extra damage never gets to have bonuses added to it. There should be no optimization available as it is not actually an independent damage roll...
I can never keep that part of the rules straight. It's a 'roll' in the sense that you definitely roll extra dice, but not a 'damage roll'? I believe you, I'm just annoyed with 4e for being needlessly complex sometimes.

For a 15th level PC, this isn't a great 15th level power due to only being Close Blast 3. Where Swam of Shadows for a 1st level PC is a great 1st level power given it is Close Blast 3. :)
Hah hah, nice. I do sometimes prefer the lower levels when blast 3 is exciting.

darkbard

Legend
Just noticed that on your last sample build you still have Flame Spiral listed as the E3 instead of low slash: a copy-paste error, I assume. The text clarifies the Rogue powerswap, but this might prove confusing for some.

MwaO

Adventurer
Just noticed that on your last sample build you still have Flame Spiral listed as the E3 instead of low slash: a copy-paste error, I assume. The text clarifies the Rogue powerswap, but this might prove confusing for some.

Yup. Before I renewed my subscription. Good catch!

MwaO

Adventurer
Couple of quick edits:
Realized my spell check changed WIlden to Walden.
Pointing exactly how a 5 minute short rest aka 50 rounds means up to 50 rounds of regeneration during a short rest upto not-bloodied. Then +1 surge from a fellow party member = all the way to full.

darkbard

Legend
Two quick notes, one typographical, one rules related: (1) For Human Vampire Vampire Noble Striker, the E3 slot Low Slash is labeled Sorcerer Attack (a hold over from the copy-paste error); (2) For all the sample builds, they have Agile Recovery as their U2, but this can only be gained after having taken a Vampire Utility first at level 2, advanced to 4th level and gained that second Utility (Strength of Blood), and then retrained from whatever Vampire Utility occupies the slot for levels 2 and 3, right?

MwaO

Adventurer
All the builds at level 4+ have Strength of Blood, so the builds are legal regardless.

The question about skill powers and utilities is a tricky one by RAW, but it seems to be often allowed in place of. And again, resolves by level 4.

darkbard

Legend
For sure. I was just addressing that sticky wicket about whether or not one can take a Skill Utility before already having a native Class ability in case anyone is looking to play one of these from level one.

Remove ads