Anthony Valterra breaks his silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danyon Dehlmari

First Post
Hey Anthony! Best of luck to you. I've joined your site and boards, and have already posted most of my thoughts on your company and products there. :)

I just wanted to wish you the best. I've always had a great respect for you, and while I'm sure you will miss some folks at WotC- I'm sure that you will enjoy working with the Valar crew very much as well. As far as Andy goes in regards to handling the SRD/OGL etc, I can say for a fact-- that he is a great person and does a wonderful job IMO.

My sincerest best wishes to you Anthony.

Tsyr

Explorer
I looked through that artist's website...

One gallery of images almost made me wretch, but actualy, a fair number (And by fair I mean, in balance to the horrible ones) of them were, in my opinion, actualy very well done and artistic. A lot of them were just strange... not particularly good or bad. In fact, I would say the majority of them fall in that catagory.

Mind you, after having followed a few too many links posted at random in IRC channels, I'm fairly immune to horrible pictures at this point... So I might not be the best baseline example there.

Last edited:

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
A Heads Up

If you use a third party browser (such as iCab for the Macintosh) be aware that Valar Projects uses forum software that is only compatible with the big two bloatbrowsers. If you need to pass on ideas etc. to the folks at Valar Projects I strongly advise you to do so via email.

The clods responsible for the forum software can be found at phpBB . You can reach the head code dweeb at James. Let him know what you think of his browser bigotry.

Maraxle

First Post
Is the Valar Project planning to release any other types of products (such as campaign settings, modules, etc), or will it only be producing edgy, adult-oriented sourcebooks? If so, will they contain the same type of adult-oriented content?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Re: A Heads Up

mythusmage said:
If you use a third party browser (such as iCab for the Macintosh) be aware that Valar Projects uses forum software that is only compatible with the big two bloatbrowsers. If you need to pass on ideas etc. to the folks at Valar Projects I strongly advise you to do so via email.

The clods responsible for the forum software can be found at phpBB . You can reach the head code dweeb at James. Let him know what you think of his browser bigotry.

yuor hat of IE no know bound!

Mystic Eye

First Post
Hey AV,

Good luck on the venture and I will go on the record again in saying that everything you shared with me regarding your project at GAMA was both classy and tastefully done.

That being said, check your email for something from me and/ or Hal and I have one question:

So tell me, was your departure from WotC a planned transition?Did you part amicably? :)

Trickstergod

First Post
It would seem that it takes a lot to make me flinch. I'd initially given Hypnox's site a very brief glance over a few hours ago, but just plumbed its depths a bit more thoroughly after seeing here some of the revulsion it inspired.

My conclusion? I'm a jaded, hollow individual. In other words, I didn't find anything particularly offensive. I don't state this to say other peoples actions were overblown or extreme, only to juxtapose and show not everyone holds the opinion that the artwork is too much.

Now, that's not to say I found it all so grand or aesthetically pleasing, either. Interesting, perhaps, but nothing that screamed "Lookie me! You will LOVE OR HATE ME!".

Keep in mind, I'm dead tired at the moment, and quite not with it. So bear with me.

Anyway, the greatest failing I see thus far isn't prurience or vulgarity, but pretension. Between the artwork, and the Valar site set-up, it seems to bear certain artistic similarities with White Wolf's World of Darkness, specifically, Vampire: the Masquerade and Mage: the Ascenscion, both of which have suffered from elitist snobbery at times.

Now, that's not to say that will be the case, simply that it's the one possible failing I can foresee. But the artwork? Well, I find nothing personally wrong with it, though I can see it not being some peoples cup of tea. It's nothing that would stop me from picking the book up, but then again, is nothing that would likely make me want to pick it up, either. From all I've seen thus far, I still have a fairly neutral opinion on the Book of Erotic Fantasy, though it doesn't hold particularly much appeal for me, at the moment.

Ho hum. Anyway, I'm done rambling for the moment. Perhaps I'll add something a bit more insightful once I've slept a little.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases