[OD&D] [OOC] Paths of Legend: To Rule in Hell

ccs

41st lv DM
I started out playing BECMI in 1982 (Tom Moldvay's red cover Basic D&D book, with the Erol Otus artwork depicting a party taking on a Green Dragon.)
Is OD&D drastically different from that? (I've never seen the "White Box" rules.) ---Your comment about unfamiliarity threw me for a loop, lol. All I said was "What's the starting level?"---Am I to assume there are no levels in OD&D?

Not trying to nit-pick, just trying to gain a clear understanding. B-)

Once/if you manage to decipher it, it's similar to your '82 version. Just WAY more of an editorial mess.
Always astounds me that this is what launched an entire industry..... :)

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm going to go with Human Fighter. A disciplined soldier, disgraced and discharged for something he doesn't consider his fault. I usually like rolling my own stats with real dice, but I suppose I'll just post a roll here and go with whatever happens. Let's see if this works. I'm a little new at the whole rolling thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Gold: [roll6]

tglassy

Adventurer
Holy crap that was garbage. I guess I'll reroll! I'll keep the gold, though.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

...does that mean I'm stuck with that?

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Gold Roll 3d6.jpg

So I have (x10) = 100 gp.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Yes, More Questions! :D

Tellerian Hawke said:
My rolls for stats were: 9,10,12,13,11,15. (4d6, drop lowest.)

I will arrange them as follows:

STR 9 (+0)
INT 15 (+1)
WIS 12 (+0)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 13 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

As I said before, I'd like to play an Elf Magic-User. :D

In BECMI, Elves are a class, not a race. But you have separated them from each other.

Therefore, does my Elf Magic-User still need 13+ in both Str AND Int to get the 5% xp bonus? Or just the Int score of 13+?

Also, do you allow ability adjustments like BECMI does? Because I could theoretically lower my Wis from 12 to 10, to get an Int score of 16! And if I only need the one score (i.e., Int only, instead of Str AND Int), I'd get a 10% xp bonus! :D

Ability Exchange BECMI.jpg

Remove ads