[OD&D] [OOC] Paths of Legend: To Rule in Hell

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Your characters will be meeting at the beginning of the campaign so trades and money exchanges and stuff will need to be handled in character.

Binder, your page boy seems to incomplete. What is his class?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'll be starting the IC thread this coming weekend, probably Saturday (November 26th). More players (soft maximum of 6) are welcome to join after the IC thread is created.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Your characters will be meeting at the beginning of the campaign.
Sure thing. I thought we were all part of the same company and therefore knew each other.

I think I'll go for Thief as the henchperson's class, to reflect his slight build and limber body. <checks...> So no rule about trading another stat for Dex for Thieves, Kiraya?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Not in this version, no. The thief was introduced in the first supplement and so has some oddities which I chose to leave in so that the next era's campaigns (which use the full BECMI/RC rules) feel a bit different.

And, you are part of the same merc company, but the company is large and you are all raw recruits (at least from the mercs' POV).

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
We're going to play with an experimental house rule and see how it works out...

Every four levels, characters may add 2 points to their Prime Requisite OR 1 point to any other ability score, to a maximum of 18 (a PR of 17 may be have one more point added to it to make it 18).

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Reading over backgrounds. Tellarian, we need to tweak yours a bit, as far as the reincarnation bit goes. Orcus has only very recently risen to power (in the last hundred years) and there are no alternate prime planes. I like the nightmares aspect, but lets leave it vague and something for Moaine to discover as the campaign progresses.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kiraya_TiDrekan said:
Reading over backgrounds. Tellarian, we need to tweak yours a bit, as far as the reincarnation bit goes. Orcus has only very recently risen to power (in the last hundred years) and there are no alternate prime planes. I like the nightmares aspect, but lets leave it vague and something for Moaine to discover as the campaign progresses.

That's perfectly fine. I edited it to remove the name Orcus, and make it more vague.

You can edit it further if you like.

I'm an amateur writer (unpublished, save for my academic stuff) and for me, the process of creating the background is the most enjoyable part of character creation. So I tend to go overboard at times, and go into great details. But none of it is set in stone; it's merely a framework, upon which to base the character's personality. The important thing, as you suggested, is the nightmare aspect. So yeah, I agree, let's develop that, and see where it leads.

Let me know if you want me to make further changes, it's no problem. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases