Question about PHLAN1-2

I'll be running PHLAN1-2 (from Baldman) soon. My copy from DM's Guild does not have clear info on what party level this adventure is optimized for. Anyone know? Thanks!

kalani

First Post
The entire PLAN1-X series is written for tier 3 characters (L11-16 respectively), as stated on the cover page. There is a typo on p3 which says it is optimized for 1th characters, which isn't helpful cause it could be optimized for anything from 11th to 16th level.

Exactly. I'm assuming 5 x 11th level PCs since PHLAN1-1 states 5 x 11th level PCs as well and doesn't provide enough XP to progress from the base of 11th (85k) to 12th (100k). My copy of PHLAN1-3 also is unclear about optimized party strength/level, but I'm going to assume 12th since going through PHLAN1-1 and -2 would provide enough XP to get to 12th level.

CapnZapp

Legend
I don't think AL adventures have that kind of precision. They're not made for "12th level", they're made for a range or a tier of levels.

kalani

First Post
The "optimized for x level" passage simply indicates the APL the adventure was designed for as a baseline. If the party's APL is greater/less than, you adjust encounter difficulty accordingly as per the adventure.

Spykes

First Post
Kalani is correct about the APL. We design the first three to be optimized for an APL of 11th, 12th, & 13th respectively. The follow-up trilogy will focus on 14th, 15th, & 16th levels. That said, like other DDAL adventures, there is guidance for scaling the encounters. The combat tends to be on the easier side of the difficulty scale for this trilogy, so a DM should be prepared to ramp things up for more of a challenge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases