Low Fantasy Gaming RPG

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Hello, finally I'm alpha testing my setting. I used Pathfinder for the first games and it doesn't fit the flavor. Next session we are moving to LFG. I see I could use aD&D monsters... so I have millions of monsters to play with.
The thing is those don't have stats, how do you eyeball stats and luck for monsters? Should I avoid puting stats till I need them? Like I'm runing an encounter with a monster straight from the aD&D MM and when a player do something that make me roll a save I assign the stat in that moment?

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
Hello, finally I'm alpha testing my setting. I used Pathfinder for the first games and it doesn't fit the flavor. Next session we are moving to LFG. I see I could use aD&D monsters... so I have millions of monsters to play with.
The thing is those don't have stats, how do you eyeball stats and luck for monsters? Should I avoid puting stats till I need them? Like I'm runing an encounter with a monster straight from the aD&D MM and when a player do something that make me roll a save I assign the stat in that moment?
Hey Ezequielramone - sorry just saw this! Luck is according to HD, so just compare to a similar HD monster in LFG and use that (I've put the HD to Luck table in the GM part of the setting book coming out soon, but the above works just as well). You can probably use the AD&D stats without too much change, as 18 was human max then, which is same as LFG. For monster saves, the easiest is to just given them a Luck save, or otherwise yes make an opposed check with an appropriate stat. Happy to discuss further, hope this helps!

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
With 10% off and Free Shipping, you can get the Low Fantasy Gaming RPG softcover for about USD $6 via Lulu - code BOOKSHIP17 Expires June 12

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases