Macgyver: Oopsies and spoilers

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't really know enough about enough stuff, so when I see things, it SOUNDS plausible in a lot of cases, but I'm so accustomed to things working differently in tv shows/movies that I don't really get bothered if they don't work exactly how they should work. Especially since much of the country is probably as dumb as me and doesn't know enough to know when things aren't working correctly. I can question, doubt, be dubious, but I don't really KNOW.

The things that I notice is when 22 guys assault an embassy currently being guarded by 4 marines and none of the marines end up even minorly scratched. I get that they have more experience and training, but against 22 guys... and what are those guys seriously doing? [And if the marines are that skilled not to take a single bullet, how come they're not skilled enough to kill at least one of the enemy?] None of the bad guys thought to perhaps flank the building and enter through the rear or do something besides shooting the shack or the ground around where the marines are fighting? And I get maybe in 30 seconds they wouldn't think of this, but in 4 hours no one thought "Maybe I should try something different!"

But anyway, it's an interesting enough show that I watch it, but it's usually not interesting enough to put 100% attention into it.

Sometimes it reminds me of Burn Notice though, the way it narrates certain things. [I've seen a few episodes of the original MacGuyver, but so long ago I don't remember how the show did it]. I miss Burn Notice.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Yeah, I don't really know enough about enough stuff, so when I see things, it SOUNDS plausible in a lot of cases, but I'm so accustomed to things working differently in tv shows/movies that I don't really get bothered if they don't work exactly how they should work. Especially since much of the country is probably as dumb as me and doesn't know enough to know when things aren't working correctly. I can question, doubt, be dubious, but I don't really KNOW.

The things that I notice is when 22 guys assault an embassy currently being guarded by 4 marines and none of the marines end up even minorly scratched. I get that they have more experience and training, but against 22 guys... and what are those guys seriously doing? [And if the marines are that skilled not to take a single bullet, how come they're not skilled enough to kill at least one of the enemy?] None of the bad guys thought to perhaps flank the building and enter through the rear or do something besides shooting the shack or the ground around where the marines are fighting? And I get maybe in 30 seconds they wouldn't think of this, but in 4 hours no one thought "Maybe I should try something different!"

But anyway, it's an interesting enough show that I watch it, but it's usually not interesting enough to put 100% attention into it.

Sometimes it reminds me of Burn Notice though, the way it narrates certain things. [I've seen a few episodes of the original MacGuyver, but so long ago I don't remember how the show did it]. I miss Burn Notice.

yet more implausibility ! ! ! ! !

I, too, miss Burn notice.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
As a spy for HM Government, I find the 007 movies with Daniel Craig totally unwatchable. The old ones with Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan were much closer to what the life is actually like.

As a grognard who was never part of HM Government, I find the johnny-come-lately Roger Moore as as execrable 007 who doesn't know how to throw a punch. Newcomer Lazenby also doesn't get my vote. Connery is the one true Bond.

(All said tongue-in-cheek to make the joke. I actually grew up with the Roger Moore's Bond so that was my staple for many-a-year.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases