Classic D&D of All Eras Back In Print

Print on Deman Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild? (I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Print on Deman

Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild?

(I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

ChapolimX

Explorer
There are 14 DnD Classics, 3 DM's Guild and 6 Adventurers League products. I imagine they will add more on a weekly basis as they do with the PDFs. Too bad the shipping costs to Brazil are prohibitive. For instance, the Elemental Evil Companion is $27 for shipping. Hope One Book Shelf finds a better channel for handling this in future.

Enviado de meu 4034E usando Tapatalk

I've ordered Hollow World in print. I spent a long time on Ebay trying to find the golden zone of a clean copy at a good price with no success....suddenly the solution looms before me at long last in POD.

I'm also still boggled at seeing a Spelljammer module in print, another one I need to get ASAP. And Uncaged: Faces of Sigil, too!

This will be great for gamers, but ebay retailers may suffer, I suspect.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I've ordered Hollow World in print. I spent a long time on Ebay trying to find the golden zone of a clean copy at a good price with no success....suddenly the solution looms before me at long last in POD.

Please post when you get it to let us know the quality. I'm really curious about how workable the poster-sized maps will be in a softcover book format.

This will be great for gamers, but ebay retailers may suffer, I suspect.

Meh - if it pushes the prices of used copies down I'm all for it. Most of this stuff shouldn't be as expensive as it is in this day and age. There will still be a market for collectors looking to own first editions, but the folks who just want to own the books to have them as a game resources (as they were originally intended) will be able to get their hands on them. That's a good thing in my mind, even if it does shake up the collector's market a bit.

EonTrinity

Villager
I think this is going to be awesome! Interesting eclectic choice of products to start. I ran out there looking for the FR grey box in hardback... nope. But the did have hollow world, so I snatched that up.

I wonder why some books get hardcover treatment and others do not. Never got that about drivethru pod service. For anything over 200 pages I would choose hardback every time!

I will be watching this closely! Looking forward to getting some classic products I have missed out on over the decades.

ET

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I hope this soon includes Eberron books and the Dragonlance campaign book for 3.5. And the Eberron Campaign guide for 4e, bc I have the player's guide, and my friend who has the campaign guide moved to Washington!

I might even eventually pay for print copies of certain Dragon issues from 4e, like the ones with Assassin stuff, and some of the issues with the really good Winning Races articles.

While I'm wishlisting, maybe they'll collate all the Nerath/Nentir Vale/PoL articles in the Mags into one pdf and let us POD that. I would pay 30-40$ for that.

When Rules Cyclopedia and Creature Catalogue are upped going to get those so hard.
Be nicer to have a "real" copy, but they tend to go for crazy prices...

I hope this soon includes Eberron books and the Dragonlance campaign book for 3.5. And the Eberron Campaign guide for 4e, bc I have the player's guide, and my friend who has the campaign guide moved to Washington!

I might even eventually pay for print copies of certain Dragon issues from 4e, like the ones with Assassin stuff, and some of the issues with the really good Winning Races articles.

While I'm wishlisting, maybe they'll collate all the Nerath/Nentir Vale/PoL articles in the Mags into one pdf and let us POD that. I would pay 30-40$ for that.
Oh eff, campaign settings!!
This completely changes the dynamic of "when are WotC going to release campaign setting X". The answer is... you'll be able to buy hard copies of them all.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Oh eff, campaign settings!!
This completely changes the dynamic of "when are WotC going to release campaign setting X". The answer is... you'll be able to buy hard copies of them all.
Yeah, that's gonna suck. People are going to just happily dump all over anyone suggesting wotc should actually update a setting with anything more than a UA article for the mechanical options of that setting.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads