Kong: Skull Island

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Hi,

New trailer is up on IMDB.

Looks like a decent action movie.

I'm trying to figure out how this ties to other King Kong stories. There are definitely elements re-used from the other movies, but with a lot of changes to the story line.

Anyone have a sense of what the main idea is with the new movie? Or perhaps, how thematically the story is different?

Thx!

TomB

Its going to have ties to Godzilla (seriously not trolling here). I think the plan here is for them to be in a movie together so I don't expect the same ending as all other kong movies. As you can see in the trailer its set in recent times

Joker

First Post
My monitor died so I had to switch to working on my TV which means I'm a lot farther from the screen. I truly didn't understand why Kong: Slut Island would be featured on these boards.

ccs

41st lv DM
I cant wait. I like giant monster movies. Even really bad ones. So it doesn't matter to me much what the "story" is. Story = whatever excuse works to see giant FX monsters fight each other/stomp on cities.:)

My one hope is that the role of any human characters is trivialized. That was my complaint with the (US) Godzilla movie a few years ago. I wanted more fire breathing monster, less army-guy-who-doesn't-get-stomped-on. Instead the human kept eating up precious screen time....

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The most recent American Godzilla actually followed the formula that most of the Japanese Godzilla movies used, focusing on humans for the first 60-70% of the movie. It works when the humans are actually interesting or likable and there is a coherent plot. That wasn't really the case, I thought, it was overly melodramatic, whereas most the Japanese ones are somewhat light hearted (even though the very original Godzilla was a very serious and somber movie).

I like bad movies, but there are different sort. There's the goofy, low budget, incoherent sort like the original King Kong vs Godzilla. Then there is the soulless corporate would be blockbuster bad movie (like the 1998 Godzilla). This looks to be the latter, unfortunately, with that looks to be the modern day version of Rob Schneider (the annoying comic relief).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases