Expeditious Retreat Press announces it's "cool."

I'm glad to say that A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe PDF is the #1 selling PDF of the month of May at RPGnow.com!

This is the first time, since it was released on Feb 20th, 2003. Yep, that's right... a PDF that's 2.5 months old is the best seller for the month. (although we feel the onslaught of the druids and the gnomes :))

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's bought the PDF so far (hey it's only $6 dollars now) and remind everyone that you can buy the hardcopy version from our website.

And Mr. Kushner gave us our first hardcopy review HERE.

joe b.

*who just probably jinxed himself*

Just having finished reading this (review should be up at d20 Magazine Rack in a day or so), I have to say I think it's one of the best products I've read lately.

Nope there's not a single feat, spell, skill, or prestige class in it (ERP slipped and put in one template, though), but I probably got more real material for my game from it than any two other gaming products I own combined aside from the core rulebooks.

"Fantasy gaming" and "realism" aren't terms that should collide in the same sentence, but this book allows you to come pretty darn close -- I'm glad I didn't have to do all that research!

Good job, ERP!

annadobritt

First Post
This I think is the best product to come out where it concerns building cities, kingdoms and manors.

Can't wait for my print copy. :D

xrpsuzi

First Post
Thanks!

Olgar Shiverstone said:
If you must (makes me sound like a raving fanboy ;) ); or you can quote the review.

I'm not sure we are a big enough company to have fanboys yet, but if we get there, you'll be the first on our list :)

Thanks for the review. We'll be sure to put a link from our website and plaster the 4.6/5.0 whereever we can get away with it :D

-suzi

by the way.... does Magazine Rack usually submit its reviews to EN world's review section? I know I've seen some reviews double posted, but I wasn't sure if it was the standard MO of the webzine.

Last edited:

Re: Thanks!

suzi yee said:

by the way.... does Magazine Rack usually submit its reviews to EN world's review section? I know I've seen some reviews double posted, but I wasn't sure if it was the standard MO of the webzine.

They get filtered over here eventually, when Ghostwind gets the time. I expect there's a bit of a backlog -- he's been looking for a volunteer to take up the cross-posting task, but I don't know if he's found one yet. He's also looking for another staff reviewer, if anyone feels like volunteering.

annadobritt said:
Received the print version this week and it is excellent. Now I can mark up the printout of the pdf to my heart's content.:D

Yep, all the pre-orders are out and should already be in their respective new homes.

And thanks to everyone for making our PDF sale a big hit, cause for the first time, we're also the #1 Hotseller at RPGnow.com. So drop by RPGmall.com and order A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe now while they're running a special where the first 100 orders get a free copy of Darwin's World.

I don't know how many copies of DW are left for the RPGmall.com promotional, but I have DW on my bookshelf and it's a nice product. I also have a MMS:WE on my shelf. Okay, i have hundreds...... :) please help.

joe b.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases