(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 2 and Turns 3

Black Omega

First Post
I don't see any trouble with dice rolls deciding certain things. I think I prefer D6 though because it's less random. a D20 would mean the +2 edge you might have on someone doens't mean much. That +2 with a D6 means alot more. So it really depends on how much we want bonuses to mean.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Does having wings help my troops attack/defened?

No.
It would, but I wish to not make this any more complicated than it already is.
If I say yes, everyone in the IR will start asking if their particular people or monsters get special advantages for this reason or that reason. (sigh)

Forrester

Question: Is there a problem with summoning a planar creature/ally that someone else is also summoning (like earth elementals)?

Not at all. Two or more players may summon the same kind of Planars.

William Ronald

Explorer
Let's not overburden Edena too much with our questions.

I will be out and about for much of tomorrow. I am sharing tech with and trading goods with:

Kalanyr (Peace should be profitable. Thanks for firing on the robots.)
Festy Dog (Peace should be profitable for you as well.)
The Forsaken One (Peace should be profitable.)
Kaboom
creamsteak
Turrosh Mak
Zelda
Dagger
Gnomeworks
Black Omega
Darkness
Uvenelei
Forrester (another big thanks for putting down the robots.)

As I recall, if more than 3 people share with someone it does not help them. However, I am doing this also as a good faith gesture.

I will send my ambassador to the peace conference in Aerdi when Turrosh Mak does. He may be away for a few hours as well, I think.

Edena, if my last e-mail did not clarify my moves for next turn, let me know.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
EXAMPLE OF A TEMPLATE

Now that I have completed my preparations, I will do the best I can to help all of you.

There has been some confusion concerning Templates.

Let me show you some examples of Templates.

- - -

On the Lists Post, it says:

WILLIAM RONALD (Planar Celestials/Guardinals/Good Earth Elementals, People of the Kettish Hills, Kevellond Alliance) PL 83 + 16

Here is a sample template for Williams.
Note that Williams is able to allocate ALL of his points (the whole 100, not 86.)

- - -

The Planar Arms Race: I remain in this Race, summoning more Celestials, Guardinals, and Earth Elementals.

The Technological Arms Race: I remain in this Race. I am sharing technology with: Alyx, Black Omega, Creamsteak, Darkness, Forrester, Uvenelei, William, and Zelda.

The Magical Arms Race: I am devoting 30 points to the Magical Arms Race this Turn.

The Undead Arms Race: I am not in this Race.

The Construct Arms Race: I am in this Race.

The Monster Arms Race: I'm joining this Race.

Advancing a civilization: I am devoting 30 points to advancing my civilization this Turn.

(Note that William has 40 points left. He has spent 60 on magical research and advancing his civilization. That leaves him with only 40 PL to devote to armies.)

Regular Troop deployment:

Yeomanry: PL 1 (note to myself - these are forward scouts, whose purpose is to delay an enemy advance)

Sterich: PL 1 (note - these are forward scouts, whose purpose is to delay an enemy advance)

Geoff: PL 1 (note - these are forward scouts, whoses purpose is to delay an enemy advance)

Dim Forest: PL 15 (note to myself - this is a main strike force, ready to hit the drow if they try to reconquer Sterich. It could also be used in conjunction with Baklunish and Crescent Forces to strike at the drow and their allies.)

Verbobonc: PL 22 (note - this force is meant to hold the Verbobonc to Pomarj defensive line against the Shade. And to attack the Shade if possible.)

Races Troop Deployment (for my Planars, Undead, Constructs, and Monsters have better attacks and defenses)

Verbobonc: Planars 4 (Note to myself - I want my toughest guys in the army facing the Shade, so I am placing them at Verbobonc)

Verbobonc: Monsters 1 (Note to myself - Again, I want my best fighters going against the Shade.)

Verbobonc: Constructs 1 (Note to myself - I'm throwing all my best stuff against the Shades)

- - -

Please note that Williams did not place his 8 points from the Technological Arms Race, or his 2 points from the Magical Arms Race, because these numbers symbolize progress, not how many monsters or beings summoned.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

I just sent the revised template for you. It should be easy to read. (I divided the 99 PLs to categories.) If not, contact me. I will check my e-mail before I leave in the morning.

Kalanyr, the Forsaken One and Festy Dog:

In regards to the Underdark Alliance, they may notice some small forces building defenses. This is not meant to be a provocative act any more than their building defenses would be. I am glad there is peace betwen us. Expect tech and trade at the start of the turn. Peace should be profitable for all of us.

I also apologize for misreading your intentions. Some of my information was accurate, other information was off.

Some of my allies may remain in my lands. They are there for defensive purposes only. At least one will offer you tech next turn. (I am trying to get every one in on it, but I can only speak for myself. Obviously none of us need war with one another.)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Lists post, Forrester, is on page 1 of this thread.
You can't miss it, because it is horribly long.

+ 16 equals how many points (or Power Level) you have acquired in the various Arms Races, all put together (in this case, 16 points or 16 Power Level.)

The Planar Arms Race + the Technological Arms Race + the Magical Arms Race + the Undead Arms Race + the Monster Arms Race + the Construct Arms Race.

Advancing your civilization does not add to the number above ... for every 10 years your civilization progresses through the Renaissance and into the Industrial Revolution, your countries gain (permanently) an increase in their PL. The bigger the country, the bigger the increase.
Everyone advances the equivalent of 1 year into the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution per Turn automatically.
To speed the process up, you spend 3 points per extra year you want to advance, and there is no limit to how many points you can spend.

However, you must own (or have conquered) countries to benefit from this.
If you conquer countries after you have spent points to advance your civilization, you do not benefit retroactively from it.
You must first conquer (or somehow control) countries, then spend points to advance your civilization.

Forrester

First Post
Yeah, it's on Page 2 -- *duh*. It's clearly too late to be workin' on this stuff.

Hm. Seems I have more power than I thought. Forgot to add in the juicy bonus PL. Shame on me.

Serpenteye

First Post
creamsteak said:
Notice to Serpenteye...

Those Treaty Terms are Null till something is resolved.

I am asking for the game to be delayed (at least the two or three things involving me) if Serpenteye does not respond to this.

Ok, very well. Then I am willing to contribute 3 permanent powerpoints to your magics arms race. if that is possible.

Or, I could give you control over 3 points worth of armies (Nyrondese recruits) transferred to your territory.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Request for a delay of 24 hours

My regrets folks, but I have a problem.

I am still receiving Templates, and more to come.

The placement of so many armies, and making sure (sometimes having to e-mail you and wait for replies) is going to take time.

I haven't got any time left.

I need to delay Turn 3 for 24 hours.

Very badly, so I can get the Templates right.

It just took so long to set up the War Room, and to organize things, and to obtain the Templates, and it will take so long to set everything up right, and I haven't enough time left before 1 in the afternoon to do that.

I need a delay.
I need another 24 hours.

Edena

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases