(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 2 and Turns 3

Forrester

First Post
Maudlin said:
I would not expect a creature a mere few decades old to grasp any concept more complex than which hole the poopie comes out of. Do not even presume for yourself the ability to judge me, cub, and be thankful for the shield of your ignorance.

I have no comeback. The "poopie" comment got me.

I am happy to hear that you will be pulling away from Irongate, Acererak. Some of my mages will be arriving soon, to set up teleportation circles to teleport the people out within the month. Some may also be flown out in ships. Any attack on my people, or these ships, will be considered an Act of War.

I am glad that we understand each other.

-------

The diplomat of the Scarlet Brotherhood is turned away with laughter. For at least a third of those guarding the border are nothing less than elves and half-elves. There are many humans as well --

-- and they know that one talks to an arch-fiend demilich differently than one talks to a civilized being. And one must treat the former differently -- for he understands little but force, and Power.

They all know the history of the UC, and of the Humanoids. And of the elven High Magic that ripped Toril asunder -- the many empowered Wrath of the Justs cast that horrible day that Evermeet sunk into the see.

Sins, great sins, were comitted by both sides. But that is over now. On Toril, there is peace -- and Lord Forrester, ironically, has been one of the biggest supporters of peace.

Leave, representative of the soul-eater. Leave, or else we will feed you to our orcish brethren, and they will let us know how YOU taste.

--------
Poopie? POOPIE?? I just can't respect Acererak now. I'm sorry. :D

Forrester

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Anonymous Sending comes across The Oerth:

-Oerthians! It seems that Forrester, Butcher of Evermeet, leader of the United Commonwealth of Toril invasion force on Oerth, has made his intentions clear. Hear his own words ( images of Forrester`s ugly and arrogant face speaking):

"MY FORCES soiled and despoiled Evereska so that no thing could grow there for decades. MY FORCES sunk EVERMEET, great island of the elves, into the sea.

. . .

He is a much greater threat than Vecna or The Shade, if you believe his lies your fate is sealed!

I reply immediately thereafter with a Sending of my own.

-Oerthians! It seems as though some coward has, surprise surprise, once again tried to defame the good people of Toril. Once again, there is an anonymous sending from some petty tyrant who would have you think he is a leader of men and a proclaimer of the truth.

I am sure that you are tired of not only these Sendings, but of cowards that send them without attribution.

This one, unlike the one you just heard from Lord Melkor of the Shade, comes from someone proud of who he is, where he is from, and, most importantly, those he works with.

My name is Forrester, and these are my people:

-A Vision is sent of troops sitting around a table playing cards. A hobgoblin sits in one chair, an orc in the next, a human in the next, a dwarf in the fourth, and an elf in the fifth. They joke, laugh, make comments about the general inferiority of each others' race, but it is obvious it is all in fun.

-A Vision is sent of troops training together. A human sorcerer is working through drills with gnoll and bugbear soldiers. A kobold sorcerer stands nearby, giving instructions.

-A Vision is sent of the troops in the first two visions fighting side by side against the robots. They work with blinding speed, accuracy, and power, and it is clear that they are truly blessed at what they do. They risk their lives for each other, and risk their lives saving the innocents of Bissel.

-A Vision is sent of the pursuit of the robots -- these powerful wondrous terrible machines, running from humanoids of all sorts armed with only firesticks. The humanoids soon return, to check up on the people of Bissel and make sure that they are safe. After the people of Bissel throw a small celebration in their honor, the troops head home.

This is what you have to fear, Oerth. Consider this, and be merry -- we will protect you from evil, when we can, if we can.

This is what you have to fear, Acererak. Consider this, and despair.

Who needs ICBM's when you can just teleport your nuke with 10th level magic?

Forrester has a bit of a huge advantage of beeing WAY of the map here... you can't get there without 10th level magic and by the time you've gotten it he's got it to and nukes as well.... Cause he can spend all PL doing that since noone can get to him!

OOC :D

Euhh btw, IC: SENDING ADDICTS, PR MANIACS :(

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
New Template for Vecna

Since the IR is not begun yet (although an impromptu IR has been going on for the last 5 days :) ), I am allowed to change my Template.

Having worked on setting up all of yours, I think I deserve it. :D

Here, then, is MY Template for Turn 3 of the IR:

EDENA OF NEITH (Planar Evil Earth Elementals/Xeg-Yi/Yugoloths, Vecna, the Legions of Vecna) PL 100 + 17 = 117

Allocation of PL

Troop deployment - Sulhaut Mountains

(Note that all my forces are + 2 / + 2 for my ability to throw 10th level magic)

117 PL of regular troops (Attack 3, Defense 3)
5 Planar (Attack 4, Defense 4)
2 PL in Undead (Attack 4, Defense 4)
1 PL in Monsters (Attack 4, Defense 4)
1 PL in Constructs (Attack 4, Defense 4)

(Note that I have overspent by 9 points, with the entire amount overspent being in the Races.
I overspent the same way for all of you, giving you Planars and other additional types equal to your numbers in the various Races.
If you were already mostly Planars (Valkys) or mostly undead (Maudlin) that was on top of your main force.)

Planar Arms Race: I continue to summon xeg-yi. I am dropping earth elementals and yugoloths, and in their place taking demons and Elder Ones.

Technological Arms Race: I remain in the Race. I am sharing technology with Anabstercorian, Mr Draco, Festy Dog, Forsaken One, John Brown, Kalanyr, Melkor, Maudlin, Rhialto, Serpenteye, and Valkys.

Magical Arms Race: I remain in the Magical Arms Race. I spend no extra PL on this Race.

Undead Arms Race: I remain in the Undead Arms Race.

Monster Arms Race: I join the Monster Arms Race.

Construct Arms Race: I join the Construct Arms Race.

Advancing Civilization: I advance 1 year into the Industrial Age as per standard advancement. I spent no extra PL on this Race.

Since I have 10th level magic, my entire force may strike anywhere in Greyspace, an unlimited number of times.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna sends an emissary to the Peace Conference in Jalpa.
This emissary demands admittance.

The emissary identifies himself as the Mouthpiece of Vecna.

Is the Mouthpiece of Vecna admitted?

Maudlin

First Post
Originally posted by Forrester
The diplomat of the Scarlet Brotherhood is turned away with laughter. For at least a third of those guarding the border are nothing less than elves and half-elves. There are many humans as well --
Well... I'll ask for Edena's adjudication on this (when the turn starts), since there is a slight conflict of interest for you :)

-- and they know that one talks to an arch-fiend demilich differently than one talks to a civilized being. And one must treat the former differently -- for he understands little but force, and Power.
Crass speciesism! The same was once said of all the respectable Vampires and Liches in Torillian society. And I suppose I myself am included into these slavering hordes of evil whom one may destroy without a second thought, simply by association, along with all our allies? Simply call your enemy evil and uncivilised and we can do away with all the pesky moral implications of mass-murder. In practice, how would this differ from someone GUILTY of all the charges I level at him?

Oerth is a world at a crucial stage of its growth. If you claim we are wrong, we must be allowed to make our own mistakes, or we might never achieve enlightened wisdom. Suppose your revolution had been slapped down before it began? Imposing onesided order on a world that is not ready is counter-productive, as you must know already. Therefore I repeat my demand, that -if you will not recall Forrester to put him on trial- you at least stop your support for his misguided and harmful campaign!

----

Good thing my empire of undeath doesn't have talk radio, or I'd never hear the end of that poopie remark :) Nevertheless -- I am a tormented man.

Black Omega

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Is the Mouthpiece of Vecna admitted?
For one awful moment I'm thinking of the Return of the King animated movie and the Mouth of Sauron.:)

By the way, I'll have the updat3ed Template to you in a couple of hours, Edena.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Request concerning e-mails

Mouth of Sauron?

Let's hope not.

Ok, a request.

Do not e-mail me for the next 8 hours unless you really need to.
E-mail me if you need to change your Template, or if you are submitting a Template.
E-mail if it is important.

Otherwise, if I must go through a deluge of e-mails, there will be a delay in the start of the IR until I have gotten through them all.

I have everyone's Templates except for:

Sollir
Zelda

I need those (since Zelda has a sick pet, could someone help her?) and we can begin Turn 3.

Edena_of_Neith

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases