(IR) IR Interlude, between Turns 2 and Turns 3

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I am currently working on the Lists for Turn 3.
When the Lists are completed, they will show the exact Power Level of every Power in the IR, as it stands at the start of Turn 3.

I will then place the Lists on this thread, where everyone can read them.
I will do this as soon as possible.

Until I do so, obviously it is not possible for any of you to fulfill any of my requests below.

Edena_of_Neith

- - -

I have received very confusing information concerning the Arms Races, and often contradictory information.
For this to have meaning, it must be done in an organized way, and before the Turn (in this case Turn 3) begins.

All of your PL expenditures on the Arms Races are private, but you must e-mail me an organized list of what races you are in, and how many points you intend to spend on each race, before Turn 3.
You have 4 days in which to do this, because I have delayed Turn 3 to give us all a break.
If you do not do this before Turn 3 begins, I will assume you have not devoted any points to the Races.

Here is what your template, sent to me by e-mail, should look like:

Planar Arms Race (I continue to summon all 3 Planar Races ... I drop this Planar Race, and take that Planar Race ...)

Technological Arms Race: (I am sharing technology with ...)

The Magical Arms Race: (I am not spending points on the Magical Arms Race ... I am spending points on the Magical Arms Race, and the total is ... )

The Undead Arms Race: (I am in the undead arms race ... I am not in the undead arms race ... )

The Monster Arms Race: (I am in the monster arms race ... I am not in the monster arms race ... )

The Construct Arms Race: (I am in the construct arms race ... I am not in the construct arms race ... )

Advancing your Civilization (I am not spending points to advance my civilization ... I am spending points to advance my civilization, and the total is ... )

I request ALL of you submit a copy of the above template, with your completed numbers, before the IR begins on Wednesday.
If you don't submit a template, you advance only the standard amount in the races you are in.
If you submit a template AFTER the IR starts, it is automatically voided.

No contingency templates (if that happens, I do this ... if this happens, I do this ... ) are possible.
I must have hard, concrete numbers before the IR starts.

ANY POINTS YOU SPEND ON THE MAGICAL ARMS RACE AND/OR ON ADVANCING YOUR CIVILIZATION COME STRAIGHT OUT OF YOUR PL TOTAL.
Substract ALL the points spent on said races from your PL total.
Then, tally up your remaining PL total.

That is what you have left to fight or defend with.

- - -

I then request you state to me where your forces are.
Use the following template:

Force # 1: (Force #2 is in ... and it's PL total is ... )

Force # 2: (Force #2 is in ... and it's PL total is ... )

Force # 3: (Force #2 is in ... and it's PL total is ... )

Force # 4: (Force #2 is in ... and it's PL total is ... )

Force # 5: (Force #2 is in ... and it's PL total is ... )

Any PL you do not assign your PLs, they will be considered to be in your home countries.
Home countries in this case mean:

Alyx - Varnaith, Celene, Lendores
Anabstercorian - Godspires
Black Omega - Highfolk, Perrenland, Vesve
Creamsteak - Delrune, Calrune
Dagger - Kingdom of Ulek
Darkness - Zeif, Garnak, Esmerin
Mr Draco - Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, Kingdom of Greater Ahlissa
Edena of Neith (myself) - Suel Imperium
Festy Dog - Beings of the Under Oerth
Forrester - Offmap, 2 Turns from helping anyone, unless ferried
Forsaken One - The Hive Cluster
GnomeWorks - Lortmil Technomancy, Duchy of Urnst
John Brown - Empire of Iuz, Horned Lands
Kalanyr - Under Oerth of the Hellfurnaces and Crystalmists
Kaboom - Isle of the Phoenix, the 4 Sea Powers
Maudlin - Vast Swamp, Sunndi
Lord Melkor (Talos) - The Shadow Throne
Rhialto - His secret bases
Serpenteye - Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdi, Kingdom of Greater Ahlissa
Sollir - Riftcrag, Heisenbaudos
Turrosh Mak - Pomarj
Valkys - On the Plane of Faerie
Uvenelei - Lyrn, Ishtarland, Aaqa
Williams - Furyondy, Veluna, Keoland, Erypt
Zelda - Telchuria, Thillronian Peninsula

PLs will be evenly divided amongst the home countries above, if I receive no e-mail from you.

- - -

You are free to change your mind up until the IR starts.
If you do, the LAST post sent to me is the one I will use in the IR.
If the last post does not contain the complete information, I will use the last post that did contain it.

- - -

This is necessary to have a more meaningful game.

I cannot have, as I have had, people changing their minds concerning spending PLs in mid-turn.
I cannot have people assigning all their PLs to research and then fighting.
I cannot have people assigning more PLs than they HAVE, PERIOD, to researching magic and developing their civilization.

I have had all of the above occur.

The jumble of posts and e-mails is extremely confusing and difficult to sort through, and very time consuming as well.

So, I am attempting to neaten up the process by ways of this post.

Use the template above.

NOTE:

The deployment of your forces is public knowledge, with a few exceptions.
I WILL post to the boards where you have allocated your PLs for fighting or defense.
I will not post to the boards any PLs you devote to magical research or to advancing your civilization.

Edena_of_Neith

To make matters easy, I will fill out the Template myself, for my Power, Vecna and Vecna's Legions:

Planar Arms Race: I continue to summon Xeg-Yi, Evil Earth Elementals, and Yugoloths on Turn 3.

Technological Arms Race: I am sharing technology with no other Power on Turn 3.

The Magical Arms Race: I am spending 80 points on the magical arms race on Turn 3.

The Undead Arms Race: I am remaining in the undead arms race on Turn 3.

The Monster Arms Race: I am joining the monster arms race on Turn 3.

The Construct Arms Race: I am joining the construct arms race on Turn 3.

Advancing your Civilization: I am spending no points to advance my civilization on Turn 3.

Force # 1: A force of 10 PL is deployed in the Sulhaut Mountains.
Force # 2: My main force, 80 PL strong, is beginning Turn 3 within Vecna's extraplanar pocket created with 10th level magic.
Vecna himself is with this main force.
So are all of his undead, constructs, monsters, and Planars.
From there, he could have struck at any place on the map, except that I have spent 80 points on magical research, and one way or another I can only deploy 10 PL to battle on Turn 3.

I am using my 10th level magic to enact the beginnings of a permanent climate change in the Sea of Dust (marked Suel Imperium on the map.)
I am using my 10th level magic to enact the beginnings of a permanent flora change in the Sea of Dust.
I am using my 10th level magic to enact the beginnings of a permanent fauna change in the Sea of Dust.

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

zouron

First Post
hey edena got a question about the above.

in the rules there seem to be no bebefit in staying in only a few of the races instead of joining all, is this so? or have I missed a point?

*sneaks away as the lurker he is*

Turrosh Mak

First Post
No problem, I'll take care of that as soon as I get some Numbers from you :)

Also, I sent Forester an E-mail concerning Maudlin's post.

And did you get my E-mail about the monster arms race?

EDENA!!! You have a MAJOR mistake. I AM THE HIVE CLUSTER NOT FESTY!!!!

And after dinner I'll mail you my Templates.

OT: In our D&D session today (level 2 chars, mine = level 2 dwarf fighter, yeah original but effective :D) I slew like 9 elves and 2 halflings. The dice were nice today :D Let's hope the IR will be as well :D

And Edena I'm very curious to how the Spelljammer fleets from the good guys which already had been severely damaged by previous combat as you stated yourself were able to drive off our 85 PL in spelljammers.
And how my PC fared in Celedan Forest I'm curious to that as well. How did that manifestation work and have effect?

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Start time

Edena,

When will turn 3 start?

Also, I forwarded an e-mail from Alyx (who will be on vacation) and asked him to post his message to the boards.

William

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Rulings concerning the ferrying of troops

Turn 3 will start at 1 in the afternoon my time Wednesday (that's 13:00 hours, eastern time, United States of America.)

NEW RULES:

This is an attempt on my part to address the inequality being caused by the unlimited ability of Kaboom and Dagger to ferry troops around.
It was my intent that only 10th level magic be able to accomplish that, but clever minds always find a way to get things accomplished!
In the interest of a fair and believable game, I therefore am creating these rules to handle the situation:

Kaboom:

You may only transport, via your sky ships and Flying Citadels, as many PL of forces of your allies as you have PL yourself, not including anything gained from your Arms Races.

So, if you have a PL of 60, not including the PL from your Arms Races, you may transport your own troops plus 60 PL of allied forces.

(Obviously, I have not given you your current PL yet, but I will. I will place the Lists on the board as soon as I can, and then you will know exactly how many PL of your allies you can ferry.)

You can take them anywhere you want, as far as you want.

Transporting is a one-way trip.
If you want to transport the same troops there and back, you pay the cost of transport twice.

For example, if you pick up 30 PL of forces of your allies in the Corusk Mountains, and carry them all the way to Garnak and drop them off, that means you've used 30 of your available points to do so.
To take them back to the Corusk Mountains would cost you another 30 points.

Picking up additional troops on the way counts against your total.
If you pick up troops in the Corusk Mountains, then decide to pick up troops in the Duchy of Urnst, then pick up troops in the Lortmil Technomancy, then pick up troops in Keoland, to ferry them all over the Hellfurnaces to Garnak, the PL of each force you pick up stacks against your total allotment.

If the situation is more complicated, such as you picking up forces at multiple places, and dropping them off at multiple places, I will rule on the PL expenditure required.
Just remember: Everytime you pick up, or drop off, 1 PL of force, that's 1 PL you've spent against your total allotment of points to transport allies with.
Remember that, and you can't go wrong.

Transporting your allies does not decrease your PL available to fight, whereas allocating PL to the magical arms race or advancing your civilization does decrease your ability to fight.

Transporting your allies in no way interferes with your ability to transport your own troops.

You don't have to state at the beginning of the Turn how many points you are allocating.
You can transport anyone, anywhere, as you please, anytime during the Turn. Just post that you are doing so.

Dagger:

The same rules apply to your Dwarven mountain spelljammers, only the PL of the fleet is your limit, not your total PL.
Otherwise, everything is the same as above.

Others

Other spelljamming fleets may not transport troops.

- - -

If one of Kaboom's sky-ship fleets or Flying Citadel fleets transporting troops flies over enemy controlled territory, they may be attacked.
The enemy Power may expend only the PL in the areas the fleet is being passed over to attack the fleet.
Here are the limits on what the enemy Power can deploy against the fleet:

If they have Avariel or the like in their area being passed over, the entire PL of the Avariel or equivalent may attack.
If they have Planars in their area being passed over, the entire PL of Planars may attack.
If they have Undead in their area being passed over, 1/3 of their PL may attack.
If they have Monsters in their area being passed over, 1/3 of their PL may attack.
If they have normal, non Arms Race forces in their area being passed over, 1/10th of that PL may be used to attack (mages, clerics, warriors with flight spells, etc.)

This applies to each and every area passed over, so a transporting fleet may be assailed multiple times during it's trip.

The transporting fleet gains it's own PL, plus the entire PL of the force it is ferrying, to fight back with.

This defense against a transporting fleet is not automatic - the enemy Power being passed over must post that they are assailing the fleet passing overhead, within a reasonable amount of time after Kaboom posts that they are moving over said area.
Otherwise, the fleet makes it through before the enemy Power can react.

The above rules do NOT apply to Dagger's dwarven spelljamming fleet, which may simply pass too high up to be intercepted.

- - -

Spelljamming fleets may intercept a fleet ferrying forces.
If that happens, the ferrying fleet has it's own PL plus the PL of the entire force being ferried, to battle the enemy spelljammers with.

Needless to say, if the ferrying fleet is defeated, it is a disaster - not only to Kaboom or Dagger, but to their allies being ferried.
Not only do Kaboom and Dagger lose PL from lost skyships, Flying Citadels, and Spelljammerrs, but there is lost PL among the troops being carried as well.

- - -

I have copied the map of the Flanaess, and I am going to lay it out on my drafting table.
On it I am going to place Axis and Allies markers showing the current location and strength of all the forces on the board.
Based on your posts, I will move those pieces as needed.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers to posts above

Zouron

hey edena got a question about the above.

in the rules there seem to be no bebefit in staying in only a few of the races instead of joining all, is this so? or have I missed a point?

((It should be obvious that joining all of the Arms Races is a good idea.
In some of the races, you can advance more quickly if your allies help you, so having allies is always a benefit.))

- - -

Turrosh Mak

No problem, I'll take care of that as soon as I get some Numbers from you
Also, I sent Forester an E-mail concerning Maudlin's post.

((Thanks much.))

And did you get my E-mail about the monster arms race?

((I have not checked my e-mail yet. I am too busy updating the Lists, which must be posted if anyone is to prepare for Turn 3.
I also had to figure out reasonable rules concerning the ferrying of troops (see above)))

- - -

The Forsaken One

EDENA!!! You have a MAJOR mistake. I AM THE HIVE CLUSTER NOT FESTY!!!!

((This is what happens when one has too little time, and too much to do.
Indeed, you are the Hive Cluster, Forsaken One, and Festy Dog has the Underdark Races.))

And after dinner I'll mail you my Templates.

((I haven't given you your Power Level for Turn 3 yet. How can you possibly, then, e-mail me where your forces are, when you do not know how much force you have?
Give me time, and I will post the Lists to this board, and you will know exactly how much PL you have.))

OT: In our D&D session today (level 2 chars, mine = level 2 dwarf fighter, yeah original but effective ) I slew like 9 elves and 2 halflings. The dice were nice today Let's hope the IR will be as well

((Congrats. :) Your foes in the IR, I am thinking, are hoping you do not have such luck!))

And Edena I'm very curious to how the Spelljammer fleets from the good guys which already had been severely damaged by previous combat as you stated yourself were able to drive off our 85 PL in spelljammers.

((I made a ruling on that. That is my job as Moderator.
However, on Turn 3, you will know precisely how many PLs of spelljamming forces are taking on precisely how many PLs of enemy spelljamming forces, and things will be more clear.))

And how my PC fared in Celedan Forest I'm curious to that as well. How did that manifestation work and have effect?

((No good. Celadan forest and your PC there have been unable to be effective.))

- - -

Maudlin

I'll be happy to send them over, but won't we need power totals for the start of Turn 3?

((Exactly, Maudlin. You will need the Lists first. Therefore, I am working feverishly on the Lists to update them - correctly! - so that you can e-mail me with your PL deployment.))

- - -

Maudlin

Erm - another dupe, only now my browser is taking independent action Sorry.

((So are the Robots of the Barrier Peaks, greatly to the chagrin of Turrosh Mak.
They blew the crap out of Bissel, and would have done the same to Veluna, but Forrester finally stopped them.
Now, Kalanyr and his forces are engaging them in a great battle at the site of the crashed spaceship.))

- - -

William Ronald

Start time

Edena,

When will turn 3 start?

((I repeat, 1 in the afternoon on Wednesday. 13:00 hours eastern time, USA.))

Also, I forwarded an e-mail from Alyx (who will be on vacation) and asked him to post his message to the boards.

((Ick. I will hurry up on those Lists, and try to get them posted tonight, so Alyx can look at them and deploy his forces himself.
I'm going as fast as I can.))

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I have good news for GnomeWorks.

I feel I have made a serious mistake concerning the PL of the Lortmil Technomancy.

The Lortmil Technomancy has weapons far more advanced than anyone else, and I attempted to portray this at the start of the game, giving them a PL of 17.
However, there was a great deal of Power Inflation as more and more countries became involved, and I have had to rethink many things.

I conceived of the Lortmil Technomancy as being able to take on the entire Kevellond League, and win.

Therefore, I am greatly increasing the PL of the Lortmil Technomancy.

I am increasing it from 17 to 50.

The Lortmil Technomancy hereby has a PL of 50.

RULING:

Turrosh Mak only has nominal control of the Lortmil Technomancy.
If they wanted to break free of the Pomarj, they could do it instantly.
Turrosh Mak cannot change this situation, for the dwarves and gnomes of the Lortmil Technomancy will not allow additional troops to be deployed to their country (unless GnomeWorks SPECIFICALLY STATES they allow it.)

RULING:

The PL of the Robots of the Barrier Peaks is hereby increased from 3 to 20.
This is meant to reflect the awesome power, which was shown so well in Bissel.

They have taken severe losses, and are down to a PL of 12 now.

Edena_of_Neith

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases