Backend SKT Module Info Released

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
As I recall, the public releases of the last adventures have always been in the next season; their convention debut is at the very end of the previous season.

Though I'm fascinated to know how many players have Tier IV characters...

Cheers!

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Anybody else find it weird that you can spend a year and a half of downtime, or roughly a day and a half of adventuring to advance from 16th to 17th level?

It's true -- check out p.57 of the DM Basic Rules, where a handy chart tells you that a 16th level character should gain 20,000 XP per adventuring day, and contrast that with p.10 of the Player's Basic Rules, where a different chart explains that going from 195,000 XP to 225,000 XP gets you from the start of level 16 to the start of level 17, and the difference between those two numbers is 30,000 XP.

I haven't read through many Tier 3 AL adventures -- I don't have any characters in that level range, nor have I been asked to run modules for characters in that level range -- so I'd be curious to know just how much XP your typical Tier 3 mod is awarding, and if it's actually following the advice in the DM Basic Rules or if it's deliberately 'slower' than that.

--
Pauper

RulesJD

First Post
Well DDEX 3-4 It's All in the Blood is an 8 hour T3 mod that gives a max of 23,000 exp. So it sort of does depending on your analysis of an adventuring day.

NeverLucky

First Post
500 downtime is pretty ridiculous. If the point is to make tier 4 more accessible to players, 500 downtime isn't going to do that. Virtually no PCs that didn't take DM rewards have 500 downtime days, especially if they already spent 100 days to get to level 11. And leveling up in tier 3 tends to happen very quickly, about one level every eight hours of play, so it's doubly insulting that you're spending so much downtime to make up for so little XP (relatively speaking). I really don't see this option being used much (except maybe by DMs who completed a lot of those downtime quests), and it doesn't help make tier 4 accessible at all.

NeverLucky

First Post
The admins will be lowering the 500 number with next season's ALPG (so that it is a number of DT that you could actually acquire).
Can you consider doing that before next season? It's going to be very relevant when the tier 4 adventures finally release this season, and it's even more important to have those tier 4 games fire when every DM who wants to complete this season's quests needs to run those adventures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases