D&D 5E The odd job[Ooc]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Rent due, wife ill, can't afford your protection money? Have I got an offer for you!" The merchant barked as he stood up from his table, the dim light in the bar catching on the gold chain round his neck, as his velvet cloak began to settle around the stool. There is a hubbub around the tavern. The merchant clears his throat "100gold apice to anyone who signs on to guard my caravan through a secret path through the forest worst thing you will encounter is a wolf! Swear it on me mas grave"

Looking for four level one pcs. Who are short on cash. The initial scenario will cover 1-5 with extension possibility.
Stat Gen 4d6 drop lowest
Standard equipment.
Any wotc content allowed even ua! Subject to balance approval Ofc.
Must have some reason to be desperate for a quick Buck.

About the world homebrew setting where high level magic is rare due to a gateway to the abyss opening and a great war ensuing. As such lots of mercenaries fresh out of work turning to bandit work. Guards are a rare sight most fighting men died.
You will be starting in a small town called Ivenho nestled just 2hours from a once major trade route that has become perilous to travel due to lack of guards Manning it.

One caveat this will be a totm game as I post mainly from my mobile. Any takers?

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
What is a "totm" game?

Otherwise, seriously, anything from WoTC is available? I may have a few ideas kicking around here. Volo stuff usable?

Azurewraith

Explorer
What is a "totm" game?

Otherwise, seriously, anything from WoTC is available? I may have a few ideas kicking around here. Volo stuff usable?
Theater of the mind. Volvo is cool but I lack the book my self but as long as you can A) come up with a plausible reason to be where you are and in need of cash. B) don't mind leers and sneers aaaand c) give a detailed account of the races stat mods and racial skills etc.

Jago

Explorer
Ah! Yes, alright. Let me put on my Pondering hat.

Possibly considering the UA Bard College of Glamour or one of the UA Barbarian Primal Paths. Maybe a Light Warlock. Pondering a lot. Too many options and I have to consider what I haven't played or tried before

Character motivation for money would be focused on a debt incurred from a deceased family member/relative/beneficiary that has now passed to my PC (quite unfairly), leaving him desperate to find a way to pay it off because the collectors are not exactly the nicest people.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ah! Yes, alright. Let me put on my Pondering hat.

Possibly considering the UA Bard College of Glamour or one of the UA Barbarian Primal Paths. Maybe a Light Warlock. Pondering a lot. Too many options and I have to consider what I haven't played or tried before

Character motivation for money would be focused on a debt incurred from a deceased family member/relative/beneficiary that has now passed to my PC (quite unfairly), leaving him desperate to find a way to pay it off because the collectors are not exactly the nicest people.
Sounds good I don't remember any of those options being to stand out op

Jago

Explorer
Rad. Last question would be Drow - how are they being handled here? Still evil-spidery elves or are they just a type of elf?

Jago

Explorer
Alright, then I think I've got the majority of my concept.

Drow Warlock - Undying Light patron
Background would be Acolyte.

Originally from an underground settlement but was forced aboveground due to a collapse that crushed the village and killed most of those he knew. He wandered from there, trying to find work or the like but was turned aside from most places due to his appearance. Was eventually taken in by a Priest of *Insert Appropriate Deity Here* whom allowed him to live within the temple and work there to pay for his upkeep. He learned of and came to respect the priest and their deity, especially with how peaceful the village was, untouched by raiders and their ilk. The priest continuously affirmed that their deity's power protected the town and its people, until such time as the priest eventually passed away.

Thinking he would take over the duties of the temple, the Drow was instead approached by a rather violent and ruthless gang whom informed him that for years, the Priest had paid them off with religious items and the like to keep them away from the village. However, the Priest had said nothing of this to the Drow, and at first he tried to resist them, only to summarily be badly beaten and told to have the money within a month or the place would burn.

Shaken at realizing the Priest had lied all these years but desperate to find a way to protect the home he has come to accept, the Drow literally prayed for a miracle, for an answer or power to make this right. While he never has heard the voice of his deity, the Drow felt something connect with him, something intrinsic that was different. Accepting this new gift readily, thinking it is his deity, the Drow prepares to use this power to find a way to stop the bandits and save his town, all while keeping the image of the Priest and their faith alive.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Looks good ill throw together a brief deity background in the morning. I'm very much a think of it as it comes kinda guy, if you have any ideas yourself feel free I'm flexible and easy going.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases