Gods and Monsters: Legends Reborn main campaign thread

Nezkrul

First Post
Helm- The stone door swings open with a faint grinding sound of stone upon stone, the hinge being old but still functional. Inside the ante-chamber are four more sarcophagi that been broken apart, and their occupants haven been chewed to bits. Each of them looks to have been a noble, and all have the symbol of scales etched into their resting places. Remnants of these prominent people lie scattered about, sparkling in the light. There is a stairway in the back leading down, and the ichorous trail leads down. Where outside quiet was unnerving, the quiet inside this mausoleum is so prevalent you can hear your own heartbeat. No crickets, no dripping water, no breeze. Silence.

CalenJay

First Post
"Zuoken, O Drake. I am known only as Zuoken." I open the bag and pull out my meager possessions, dressing myself. "I find myself a stranger in a strange land, Mighty Narthcellus. Do you call this place yours?"

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using EN World mobile app

drydenofasturia

First Post
Red winced a little at the proposition of an arm wrestling match.

"Maybe tomorrow." She said, pained and exasperated as she clutched her sword to her breast. "Besides, slaying ogres. . . sounds like fun."

Red, swallowed down the last of the bland ration and laid back on the bare floorboards of the shack. She let her eyes fall closed as she huffed out a heavy breath.

"Yep. Sounds like fun. . ."

Nezkrul

First Post
Zuoken- "Nay, Zuoken. This land is not mine. I was traveling through when I saw a curious sight. A bright shining blue orb followed by a burst of the brightest light I have ever seen. And when I came down here to see what had transpired, I found you knelt upon the earth, naked as a babe in the spot of the orb of light." Narthcellus pauses for a moment, lost in thought. "I can see you have the mark of the dragon upon you, but it does not manifest. Curious- are you beholden to a higher power of the Draconic Order?"

GM: a Knowledge: History, or Knowledge: Religion, lore check would reveal more information about what he is asking

Red Knight- "I'll watch out for any big nasty ogres, don't you fret," Aurelia muses. "Tomorrow, we'll see the color of their blood."

GM: Sleep comes quickly, but it is dreamless. When you wake, it is early morning. You notice Aurelia fell asleep at one of the windows, her bow propped and arrow knocked in such a way that she could wake drawing her bow back ready to fire. She is snoring softly, and sounds as if she has a little bit of cottonmouth. You regain hitpoints for having rested for 9 hours, and your exhaustion and fatigue are gone.

Last edited:

drydenofasturia

First Post
Red blinked away the sleep and sat up to stretch. The pain and tightness gone from her muscles, she flexed slightly, gazed over at the sleeping woman at the window and chuckled lightly to herself.

~So much for keeping eyes out.~ She sighed. ~I need to pick a better lookout next time. At least she's pretty~

With that, Red stood, rolled her shoulders back and looked down at her ring and balled her fingers tightly into a fist.

"Venite."

With that, a brilliant crimson light flowed out across her hand, enfolding her arm and up her shoulder. It writhed like a living snake of ethereal fabric, glimmering as in encased her entire body. It flared exquisitely for a second before dissipating in a flare of dazzling red sparks of light revealing the coppery-red full plate armor. Intricate embossment in the mithril caught the morning light and threw it in a raucous riot around the room. Her helm completely covered her face but for the "T" opening though it did not restrict her view at all. Two full raven wings streaked back from the temples and a yard of tattered cardinal billowed all about her in an elaborate cape and stole. She raised her sword above her head and sheathed it abruptly between her shoulder blades.

Yeah, slaying ogres sounded like a lot of fun.

Napalm42

First Post
A spark of righteous anger flares in Janus' breast. The remains of these highborn have been desecrated, their sacred rest disturbed.

Janus forces himself to calm. The eerie silence has deepened to where even the clatter of his armor from the tiniest movements echoes around the room. No natural creatures extrude ichor. Whatever dwells in here is just as amenable to him as it was the nobles resting in their cairns. In a fluid, practiced motion, Janus draws his sword from its scabbard with the scrape of metal against leather. His armor's natural clattering eschewing any attempt at stealth anyway, Janus presses on, following the trail of ichor to its source.

Nezkrul

First Post
Helm- The stair way is a square shaped spiral staircase leading downward. You go down and turn left 3 times until you reach the bottom. It is a brazier lined tunnel 40 feet long and 10 feet high, with doors on each wall starting 5 feet in, and every 10 feet. At the end of the tunnel is an archway leading to to T-intersection. When you are about to step off the stairs you here a distant, maniacal cackling.

"{insane rhyming, singing badly} When they come, kill each one. When they die, stack 'em high. When I'm through, EAT THEM TOO!!! Aaah hahahhah hahah hahaha!!"

After the rhyme is over, you hear nothing more at present. The braziers are lit providing plenty of illumination. Each door is of similar design as the front door of the mausoleum. The ichorous trail continues down the tunnel but fades as it goes.

Napalm42

First Post
Janus pauses only for a moment as the mad rhyming begins. Once it ceases, he presses on down he hallway, lowering slightly into a battle ready stance.

Janus thinks, trying to establish a correlation between the bite marks, the tracks, and the semi-intelligent cackling to ascertain what might be in here with him. He presses on to the T-intersection ever vigilant, glancing into any of the sets of doors that seem ajar or outright open.

CalenJay

First Post
"Great Narthcellus, I know nothing of how I came to be here. I am but a simple monk." My body shudders with fatigue.
"A very tired monk."
I look about, noting the blasted landscape in my immediate vicinity. "Would you be so kind as to direct me to some nearby shelter, a cave or copse, where I might rest and gather my wits?"

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using EN World mobile app

Nezkrul

First Post
Helm-
GM: knowledge (dungeoneering, Arcana, nature, religion, or history) checks can reveal more information

When you step through the archway, a high-pitched shrill blares down the hallways for 6 seconds. Then you hear a more sinister cackling, "heh heh heh hehhhh!". Left tunnel goes forward 20 feet and turns left, right tunnel goes forward 20 feet and turns right. Braziers line the halls, and there are chewed bones littered on the floors.

Zuoken- The trees in the glade are large enough that you could climb up into one and find a place to rest.

Narthcellus chuckles a bit, "I find nothing simple about you, little monk. Every creature in this world is important in the grand scheme. If you know not of the Draconic Order, then do you know of Xan Yae?

Remove ads