[IC] Paths of Legend - To Rule in Hell

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: We'll go with 5 silver.

The Commander nods in response to Narasha before retiring to the rear of her tent, drawing a cloth curtain across the partition for privacy.

Lavalia takes her leave, telling Narasha, "I will rejoin you when we are ready to depart."

As Moaine begins copying the map, he hears the Commander removing her armor and cleaning it. Carlena, leaning against one of the sturdy tent-poles, whispers, "No one's ever seen her face...so I hear."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Moaine gives Carlena a hard look, and shakes his head, slowly, SILENTLY mouthing the words, "NOT HERE."

The gesture is brief and momentary; Moaine follows it by changing his expression to a smile, and cheerfully saying out loud, "Are you in need of anything before we go? I need little protection here, if you need to go to the store, now's the time."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Lavalia takes her leave, telling Narasha, "I will rejoin you when we are ready to depart."
"An hour before dawn," nods back the Trandar woman (with something actually approaching civility). "Northern-most sentry post."

Turning his attention back to Narasha, Moaine adds: "I will buy the ink and quill; I have need of them anyway. But with all due respect, since you have demanded this of me, I expect you to provide the vellum."
Narasha reaches to her right, grasping the shaft of an efficient-looking warhammer from thin air (or, more accurately, from the providing hands of her page).

"If you don't think the map will be needed, Moaine, feel free." Then she slowly, stiffly limps out of the tent - through the wide, crimson flaps - using the hammer as a deadly cane.

Her page boy follows - twelve, maybe thirteen? - cornflower blue eyes glancing nervously at the tent's remaining occupants, head politely (and repeatedly) dipping.

OOC: Narasha will pause if Moaine or Carlena wants to discuss some more though?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bearnoth makes his way to the supply tent. Not that the elf needs anything; he just wants to browse and get a feeling for the people that move through the camp in general and the supply tent in particular. He does not interact with others unless someone else initiates it.

OOC: Great way to remove myself from the company of the others... ;) That was not exactly my intention. Sorry.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Narasha said:
"If you don't think the map will be needed, Moaine, feel free." Then she slowly, stiffly limps out of the tent - through the wide, crimson flaps - using the hammer as a deadly cane.

"Need it? Yes, we need it. I agree with you on that point. But I am not accustomed to being told how to spend my own money. If you don't want to cover the price of the vellum, then I might be persuaded to buy it... if you were to re-phrase your request." Moaine smiles politely, awaiting a reply.

OOC:

The Dungeon Master said:
As Moaine begins copying the map, he hears the Commander removing her armor and cleaning it.

Judging by the DM's comment, I am assuming that Moaine somehow obtained the vellum. But our conversation is taking place retroactively, it would seem. In the end, if you flatly refuse, Moaine will buy the vellum himself, since he realizes the importance of having a map; but he will be non-plussed about it. On the other hand, if you offer to pay half, or at least rephrase your command into a polite request, he would feel much better about it. It seems we both have chosen to play strong-willed types, LOL :D Don't worry, Moaine considers inter-party conflicts to be unprofessional, so while he may argue at certain points, he is not willing to take it any further than verbal sparring. :)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry about the confusion. The interaction between Carlena and Moaine was intended to occur after the others left.

The supply tent carries basic gear and supplies, as well as ammunition and basic weapons like daggers and hand axes and the like. The provisioner is a stern old halfling, Bren, who lost the jovial nature of his people long ago after seeing too many wars, battles, and what comes after.

Back in the Commander's tent, Carlena shrugs, whispering but not by much, "Wouldn't hurt her to show her face is all. Can't trust someone who hides their face all the time."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Moaine's Advice to Carlena

Moaine studies Carlena's countenance briefly, trying to ascertain her mood, before allowing himself to crack the slightest hint of a grin.

Moaine's thoughts: ~So assertive. She's not afraid to speak her mind, no matter who it may offend. An admirable, if somewhat dangerous, trait. And yet another item on the list of things that draws me to her.~

Moaine whispers softly to Carlena, allowing his gaze to linger on her green eyes for a moment, before saying, "Be careful what you wish for, my dear. There may be many reasons why her countenance is hidden. Sometimes it is best to leave such questions unanswered, as it were."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Moaine smiles politely, awaiting a reply.
A cold look barely over her armoured shoulder, not bothering to turn around -- Narasha's eyes are of palest brown, of drowning tea and iron flecks. "Ah," she nods in realization -- what realization is not clear, but it seems highly unlikely to be in the wizard's favour. "You're one of those." A dismissing flick as she resumes her trek out the door: "Boy."

The page turns back and, after rooting around in a very thin purse, lays a gold ducket in the wizard's palm before bowing a few times and rushing off to catch back up to his mistress.

The two are left alone in the tent.

====
Outside:
A humorless laugh falls from the slash of her lips. "No backup. No fall-back position. No clear place to report if we find something out of sorts." A bitter laugh: "Being tested is such great fun, isn't it boy?"

"Oh, and make a note to charge the Wizard for anything of mine he uses."

She makes her halting way towards the supply tent, intending to buy supply-enough for them to at least not starve during their patrol time. She's obviously expecting him to follow.

OOc: Buying 4 days of fresh rations for 2 gold, 8 silver and 6 coppers, please.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Baernoth smiles at Bren the halfling when he enters the provisions tent. The elf looks at a few things, picks up a rusty dagger and puts it down after close inspection, and then approaches Bren.

"Solid weapons you have here. I was wondering, do you have any supply of magical items? Wands, spellbooks, that sort of thing?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Carlena allows herself a brief smirk, "As you say. I'm not good with unanswered questions, though."

Meanwhile, in the supply tent,

The page boy shrugs at Narasha's question, used to not having answers to such things. Buying books and wands and magic? Are you daft? Must be." He goes back to his whittling with more grumbling in his own language.

Bren looks up from his woodworking and points the small woodworking knife at Baernoth for emphasis, "You're one of the new recruits ain't ya? I wouldn't expect an elf to be such an ignoramus, though.

Remove ads