[IC] Paths of Legend - To Rule in Hell

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The page boy shrugs at Narasha's question.
The 'cane' goes back as she walks and efficiently strikes him in the shin -- not bruisingly hard, but still. "Yes, my lady, is the expected response," she corrects, using the warhammer as support for continued steps... "If you're feeling quite brave and willing to back it up, No, my lady."

After a pause, the wooden shaft starts angling for his legs again... :devil:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Narasha said:
The page turns back and, after rooting around in a very thin purse, lays a gold ducket in the wizard's palm before bowing a few times and rushing off to catch back up to his mistress.

Moaine looks at the gold coin and nods, even though Narasha has already left. ~It will be sufficient.~

OOC:
I couldn't find prices for Vellum anywhere in the B/X rules, BECMI, nor RULES CYCLOPEDIA. Therefore, I am basing my assumption on the AD&D Dungeon Master's Guide, pp. 117, which states that the per sheet cost of Papyrus is 2 gp and up. I am assuming that 2 gp represents "minimal quality," which should be all we need for a simple map. Thus, Narasha has paid Moaine half the cost, which is perfectly satisfactory to him. Moaine pays the remaining 1 gp of the cost.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"So you've met one elf and figured out what we are all like?" Baernoth replies to the halfling's rude words with a smile. "Just as I know everything there is to know about halflings from this brief moment with you. I can tell you I'm not impressed. I was told you guys were more friendly and more intelligent than to be rude to those who can turn them into small bugs."

Another smile, this time definitely less friendly. The elf shrugs. "Well, if you've got nothing useful, perhaps you know of someone who does?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:

I thought the 5 silver was for Ink and Quill. When I started out, I said I'd buy those things, if she'd buy the vellum. So I assumed the 5 silver was the cost for the Ink and Quill only. Was I wrong?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah, I eyeballed the vellum at 5 sp. I neglected to give a price for the ink and quill because for some reason I thought they were in the RC gear listing, which they aren't. :p We'll put those at 5 gp for the ink (which will last through about 100 pages of writing) and the quill is free unless you want something fancy.

Binder Fred

Supply tent:

About then the noise of frantic preparations from outside briefly increases as the tent opens. Then the distinctive sound of three-legged walking announces Narasha's arrival from behind, one 'leg' sounding hard, wooden and metal-shod against the down-trodden earth of the camp. Her page is with her, one step back and to the left, his youthful steps making very little noise, actually.

"Four days ration, Bren." She actually looks (almost) neutral as compared with that other tent, more relaxed -- not smiling, though; never smiling.

The armoured warrior briefly glances at the line of tension between Bren and Baernoth.....

"I need both of you in one piece on the morrow."

OOC: I'm going to assume that she and Bren know each other, both being quartermasters? Maybe narasha could have worked under him when she first came to the Company?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Outside the supply tent, the page responds quickly, "Yes my lady. Sorry my lady." He keeps his eyes cast down as they enter the supply tent.

Bren harumphs and says to Baernoth, "What I'm not impressed by is uppity recruits who think they know everything. You'll learn some respect or you'll be dead. Everything the Hellbound has goes through me. You get on my bad side, you get nothing. And if you got nothing, you'll be heading to Hell a lot sooner than the rest."

Bren nods to Narasha as she enters, "My days swinging a sword are long over. Yours should be, too."

OOC: Regarding Bren and Narash, that is a safe assumption, yes.

Meanwhile, in the Commander's tent,

The Commander re-emerges from the back of the tent, wearing casual clothing and a thick, hood cloak that hides her face, along with a dark veil-like mask.

She addresses Moaine tersely, "Be done. Now."

Moaine is very nearly finished by this point, probably just a few more minutes of work.

Binder Fred

Outside the supply tent, the page responds quickly, "Yes my lady. Sorry my lady."
Narasha purses her lips, looking back at him out of the corner of her eyes... "Better," she allows.

===

Inside:

She gives that a most un-ladylike snort: "If you're not there, who'll tell the Commander when she's doing it wrong? And I need this one with me on the northern patrol so I don't have to swing a sword." Although, by the hard look she gives the colourful elf, she's not all that convinced of his eventual usefulness. Still, "Kill him later, please."

It has the sound of an actual request.

OOC: If Baernoth wants to speak before Narasha instead, please do.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Baernoth laughs, a short but genuine laughter. "I'll not fight that one! What good would that do us, or me?"

The elf looks at Narasha and continues, "You might start liking me for killing him." A wink, and the elf turns to leave the supply tent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases