[IC] The Odd Job

Jago

Explorer
~ A chill sweeps into the Drow's normally-warm voice, his blue knuckles turning a twinge purple as he grips the wooden staff a tough tighter.

" The fat sheep is easy prey for the hungry wolf. If Turich cannot be made to see that his time here is short indeed, then I would be more than happy to show him the tenants of my Goddess; 'Let the Flame warm the kind-hearted, and scour the wicked from the fields'."

Faindil's paler eyes met the dwarf, the irises wreathed in the fires of the indoor lights, as if they somehow captured every flicker of flame around the assembled.

" Turich is a cancer that must be removed from your homes, whether through medicine or by force. I, too, have a village that I am trying to protect, and I am not so much a hypocrite as to care for my own while being content to leave you and yours to your fates." ~

[sblock=Faindil's Stats]Character Sheet
Undying Light Warlock, Level 1

HP: 9/9
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +3
Perception: +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
In Hand: Quarterstaff

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 14
Str:+0
Dex:+3
Con:+1
Int:+1
Wis:+3
Cha:+5[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Sacred Flame: DC 13 Dex Save 1d8+3 Radiant
Dagger: +5 1d4+3 P
Quarterstaff (2-Hands): +3 1d8+1 B
Light Crossbow: +5 1d8+3 P[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]History: +2
Insight: +3
Persuasion: +5
Religion: +2[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Cantrips: Unlimited
Dancing Lights
Light
Sacred Flame
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Level 1: 1/Short Rest
Burning Hands
Hellish Rebuke[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Accumulated Coin: 15 GP

Expenditures:
-1 GP to the Barmaid of Ivenho

Current Coin: 14 GP

Game Info:
It will take a day to travel through the "Shortcut" to Durran Mill, our destination.

A group called "The Royal Guard" controls the path, with palisade checkpoints.

A Demonic General was slain to the North, in an area now known as "The Scorched Grove".
- "There where seven demonic generals each embodying the worse aspects of mankind, they served under something so dark and alien no sentient race could fathom it" [/sblock][/sblock]

Asha has kept to the shadows. The deman spawn bothered her. It hit to closely to her own parentage. She listened to the others. First the conversation between the apprentice and his master and then the rest of her new compatriots. It seemed that they just involved themselves in something far deeper than they thought. When the priest suggested the confront this Turic she suppressed a groan. It seemed the drow was determined to involve them more deeply. If that was the case then getting something out of it was preferred.

"Faindil we already have a job. Helping Master Odrin was part of that. We have done so. Going after this Turic was not. We have obligations to our employer which will conflict with confronting Turic."

Asha looks to the others.

"Not to mention the dangers that would be involved."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Smith
Evening
Round 0

Hrgach growled in annoyance at the dwarf’s words. “So this was all a frickin’ waste of time,” he said. “Should have let the demon take the boy,” he muttered.

“We have rooms at the inn,” the hobgoblin said, straightening up. He started to head to the door when the drow opened his bloody mouth. When did drow become such bleeding hearts?

“No,” Hrgach told the drow emphatically. “Turich isn’t our problem. No one is paying us to deal with him. If he attacks me, that’s a different situation, but I am not looking for trouble I’m not paid to handle.”

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus Action:
Free:
Action:
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 1
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 13/13 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/1d10
Saving Face (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
~ Faindil's blue lips curved downwards perceptively, his brows furrowing at his coworkers. Still, not everyone was ordained in the mysteries of Kalethee, and therefore not everyone was as committed to help the downtrodden as he was. He may not have been a warrior, like Hrgach, but that did not stop him from knowing that more needed to be done to help the people of Ivenho.

" We must wait for Master Odrin to finish Gheedon's order as is," the priest reasoned, " Meaning we have time."

He cocked his head towards Asha, having not figured her as the sort of person to back down from a challenge.

" Obligations towards a temporary job? I believe Gheedon would understand us taking our down time to remove a bandit that preys upon caravans like his own."

He turned his pale eyes to the Hobgoblin, understanding that while money was not a motivator for himself, this warrior had a much more ... mercenary, outlook.

" Likewise, it sounds as though removing Turich may be a service deemed worthy of payment by those in Ivenho, possibly including Gheedon."

He sighed, already feeling outnumbered. Keeping the light of The Flame-Caretaker would be difficult in such circumstances, but it was these situations that tested a man's soul and devotion.

" While you may all pursue your wants until our caravan is ready to leave, I intend to at least investigate Turich and see what sort of impact he has on Ivenho. I am ... familiar, with such craven men and how they target villages such as this. You could say I have a personal interest in the matter." ~

[sblock=Faindil's Stats]Character Sheet
Undying Light Warlock, Level 1

HP: 9/9
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +3
Perception: +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
In Hand: Quarterstaff

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 14
Str:+0
Dex:+3
Con:+1
Int:+1
Wis:+3
Cha:+5[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Sacred Flame: DC 13 Dex Save 1d8+3 Radiant
Dagger: +5 1d4+3 P
Quarterstaff (2-Hands): +3 1d8+1 B
Light Crossbow: +5 1d8+3 P[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]History: +2
Insight: +3
Persuasion: +5
Religion: +2[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Cantrips: Unlimited
Dancing Lights
Light
Sacred Flame
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Level 1: 1/Short Rest
Burning Hands
Hellish Rebuke[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Accumulated Coin: 15 GP

Expenditures:
-1 GP to the Barmaid of Ivenho

Current Coin: 14 GP

Game Info:
It will take a day to travel through the "Shortcut" to Durran Mill, our destination.

A group called "The Royal Guard" controls the path, with palisade checkpoints.

A Demonic General was slain to the North, in an area now known as "The Scorched Grove".
- "There where seven demonic generals each embodying the worse aspects of mankind, they served under something so dark and alien no sentient race could fathom it" [/sblock][/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Smith
Evening
Round 0

"We must wait for Master Odrin to finish Gheedon's order as is," the priest reasoned, " Meaning we have time."

“Fine. Time I’ll spend drinking in the tavern, or getting ready for the trip. Not picking fights with mercenary bands.”

“I believe Gheedon would understand us taking our down time to remove a bandit that preys upon caravans like his own," Faindil said.

Hrgach raised an eyebrow at the drow. “What kind of man did you meet?” he asked sarcastically. “More than likely he’d want us to mind our own damn business so Turich doesn’t set his sights on our caravan.”

"Likewise, it sounds as though removing Turich may be a service deemed worthy of payment by those in Ivenho, possibly including Gheedon."

“Well, tell them to make an offer then. I don’t work for charity,” Hrgach replied.

"While you may all pursue your wants until our caravan is ready to leave, I intend to at least investigate Turich and see what sort of impact he has on Ivenho. I am ... familiar, with such craven men and how they target villages such as this. You could say I have a personal interest in the matter."

“Good luck with that,” Hrgach grunted. “I’ll tell the undertaker to start building you a pine box.”

The hobgoblin straightened up and gathered his cloak. “If we’re done here, you know where to find me.” He headed for the door.

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus Action:
Free:
Action:
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Saving Face (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Galdar tromped through the pouring rain, wishing he had an honest deck under his hooves instead of this mud. He could see the lights of the tavern ahead, right where the boy had said it would be. He hoped the rest of the lad's story was true, he only had a few coins left...

Galdar shoved his way down the stairs, checking that his jaw wasn't broken. He'd like to see that orc in the Circus! But the job...money for his pocket and that much more distance between him and that Marshall in Niron.

The tavern door slams open, and rain splatters the patrons closest to it. But their protests die off as an angry-looking hobgoblin enters...

Last edited:

Asha sighs, the drow would get himself killed. Looking into this alone was a sure fire way to end up dead or worse but it seemed pointless to try and stop Faindal. Helping would at least keep the man alive and could get her a payday if they somehow stop the thugs. The hobgoblin was determined to not get involved. Asha was about to follow his lead when the thought of the money overrode her senses.

"I might as well make sure you don't end up getting yourself killed. If you plan to investigate this where do you intend to start?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Smith
Evening
Round 0

Hrgach pushed his way into the tavern’s common room and shook the rain out of his cloak. He ordered a meal and found a seat as close to the fire as he could.

“Best keep that door barred tonight,” Hrgach told the barkeep. “Might be some trouble in town tonight.”

[sblock=Actions]
Bonus Action:
Free:
Action:
Move:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Saving Face (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ringing the bell left sat on the bar made a dull sound due to the cloth wrapped around it. A few moments pass and a young lad plods down the stairs mumbling something about 5th night in a row and some old crone, he very carefully picks his way past the Minotaur. "Food is it, pig behind bar feel free to chuck some logs on fire. You're not entirely sure if the boy is awake even though he did do so well avoiding the Minotaur. The pig in question is just a bunch of over cooked dry leftovers.

Ana arrived in town in the late afternoon. A light drizzle heralded her approach. In the trading square she overheard someone was planning a caravan trip and needed some guards. That would satisfy her need to get even further away from home. Minding her own business a man called out to her lewdly. She ignored him and pressed on. Suddenly she felt a tug at her arm as the man pulled her into an alley. "I said you look like you need a man's help," as his eyes traveled up and down her body. "Let me go," she insisted, her other hand reached into her boot for a handaxe. He slapped her across the face and yelled something.
The man's scream was ignored by passersby.

The rain poured in buckets as Ana looked down at the dead man. Sheathing her sword, she ripped off part of his robe and wiped his blood off her face. She took his purse, 3 gp, and left the alley, looking for the inn where the merchant was supposed to be.

She enters the bar hestitantly. All eyes look up as she enters and that is unnerving. She sees an young lad wiping down he bar who says, "Can I help you?"

Thankful for someone to focus on, Ana walks toward the bar. "I heard someone was hiring caravan guards here."

"No idea. You want a room."

"I suppose." She pulls out a few silvers.

"Yeah, three silvers will get you a room."

She pays the boy and he leads her up to a room.

In the morning she comes downstairs. The barmaid welcomes her with a smile. "I didn't see you come in. Breakfast is on the fire. What can I get you?"

"I heard someone here was hiring caravan guards."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases