[IC] The Odd Job

Jago

Explorer
~ Combat. Not exactly the first thing Faindil wanted to be doing, but somebody was in trouble, and that demanded action. As the wand burst and the sound of something heavy hitting the floor came from inside the barn, the Drow gave the mage a nod of respect for his prowess, swiftly moving away from the party to the other side of the double doors that lead in. His plan was to avoid a direct confrontation, if at all possible, and considering they had struck unseen, that might benefit such an attempt. If not, his voice would certainly draw the focus away from his new companions.

" We've you outnumbered and surrounded," Faindil called out, the fire of Kalethee heard in his voice, " It would be foolish to throw away your lives. Drop your weapons and come outside, and you will live through this night."

He clutched the gnarled, burnt wood of his quarterstaff, the glorified stick touched with whorls that seemed to glow like embers with every syllable Faindil spoke. The Drow felt the magic welling up inside him, but The Eternal Flame was not to be invoked lightly in battle: fire had a tendency to consume all in its path. ~

[sblock=Turn]Move: To the opposite side of the double doors from the party.
Action: Persuasion Check to get the Half-Orc and Thug to Surrender [roll0][/sblock]
[sblock=Faindil's Stats]Character Sheet
Undying Light Warlock, Level 1

HP: 9/9
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +3
Perception: +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
In Hand: Quarterstaff

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 14
Str:+0
Dex:+3
Con:+1
Int:+1
Wis:+3
Cha:+5[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Sacred Flame: DC 13 Dex Save 1d8+3 Radiant
Dagger: +5 1d4+3 P
Quarterstaff (2-Hands): +3 1d8+1 B
Light Crossbow: +5 1d8+3 P[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]History: +2
Insight: +3
Persuasion: +5
Religion: +2[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Cantrips: Unlimited
Dancing Lights
Light
Sacred Flame
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Level 1: 1/Short Rest
Burning Hands
Hellish Rebuke[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Accumulated Coin: 15 GP

Expenditures:
-1 GP to the Barmaid of Ivenho

Current Coin: 14 GP

Game Info:
It will take a day to travel through the "Shortcut" to Durran Mill, our destination.

A group called "The Royal Guard" controls the path, with palisade checkpoints.

A Demonic General was slain to the North, in an area now known as "The Scorched Grove".
- "There where seven demonic generals each embodying the worse aspects of mankind, they served under something so dark and alien no sentient race could fathom it" [/sblock][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
The orc raises his axe "Me dah taught me never 'urrender"
OOC: Asha your up currently 2 bodies lying on the floor can be seen through the now open door. The half orc looks ready to die

Asha curses as the half orc continues to advance on the group. With the look on the half orcs face she knew that further talk would be fruitless. She raises the black rod and gestures towards the orc. She speaks a brief incantation and the shadows behind the half orc coalesce into a skeletal hand which reaches for it's throat. Asha then steps back placing Hrgach between her and the half orc.

[sblock=turn]Casting Chill Touch on the orc.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
The hand raps its icy fingers around the Orcs neck and squeezes tight, it manages to hold on for a good few seconds before he wrestle it away. The hand hand has left a visible mark. The orc is now visibly breathing heavily panting even under the strain of combat.

OOC: Hrgach I know you want a pop.You are about 50ft from the orc btw. I really should remember to do a quick recap of postions

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Kerzoth/Ivanhoe/Mill
Evening
Round 0

The magic users had their fun. Hrgach kicked open the door and strode inside. He brought up his light crossbow and fired at the orc.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move 30’ inside
Free: Draw crossbow
Action: Light crossbow: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13
1D8 = [6] = 6

If I need it, I’ll use Save Face on it to add +4 to the attack. Let me know.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 13/13 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 1/1d10
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
As the doors fly open the half orc smiles... a smile soon knocked off his face by the bolt now wedged in-between his ribs. He grimaces as the blood streams from his side. He coughs up some more blood as he spits it on the ground, he knows he has not long for this world.. he throws caution to the wind and charges forward towards the hobgoblin his axe raised ready to strike. The orc brings it down upon the hobgoblin striking him hard in the collar almost cutting straight to the bone.

Exhaustion can clearly been seen upon the orcs face there is little he can do to hide it as his eyes keep coming In and out of focus.

OOC: you did indeed need to save face the +4 sinched it. The orc hits Hrgach for 9points of damage.

The orc and the hobgoblin are now locked in fatal axe to x-bow combat. Faindil is hanging out by the door preaching love and not war, Asha and aloy are stood just outside the door waving there arms around shouting strange incantations.
Back to the top with Aloy
... so I totally thought I posted this a couple hours ago....oopsi

Last edited:

Aloysius sighs.

"Zeke", he says, "Say hello to the nice orcy-worc".

The cat streaks over to the orc and, purring, rubs itself against the creature's thick leg.

At the same time, Aloysius makes a now-familiar gesture and a bolt of electricity arcs from Zeke's whiskers into the orc before the cat dashes away towards the fallen apprentice.

OOC: Shocking Grasp again.
To hit: _: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

Damage: _: 1D8 = [1] = 1

ARGGGH! Goddamnit! Another 1! But at least he has no Reactions I guess

Azurewraith

Explorer
The orcs hair stands on end as he drops to his knees. His head bows before he looks up grinning like a crazed lunatic in a purple suite with green hair giving the performance of his life(literally) he then hauls him self back to his feet panting, he snaps the bolt stuck in his ribs, spits out some more blood, his chest heaving with strain, panting audible at the other end of the barn, finally he let's out a roar of primal vigour.

OOC: the scene is much the same as before except more bloody the orc is clearly dead on his feet at this point. Faindils action

Jago

Explorer
~ To the Orc's credit, he had kept to his word: despite the savagery relented upon him, he did not surrender or turn aside. Faindil felt a pang of pity for him, to be so committed and bound towards his fate that he would not change.

Faindil had to stop him, however: with a raise of his burnt staff, he invoked the name of Kalethee.

" Lightbringer, I call guidance to your flame!" he called, making the tip of the staff begin to glow, an ember flaring up , then sparking and spitting as if a wild fire. Finally, a flash of pure, searing light fell from the heavens, touched the charred wood, and ricocheted straight for the Orc, expanding outwards in a blinding flash with the white-hot core of a star.

However, in his mercy, Faindil sought not to kill the brute. Merely burn him enough so as to not try to kill them anymore. ~

[sblock=Turn]Move: However far to get in range.
Action: Casting Sacred Flame: Orc must make a DC 13 Dex Save or take [roll0] Radiant Damage. Note that I am pulling the damage to be Non-Lethal should it drop him to 0 HP.[/sblock]
[sblock=Faindil's Stats]Character Sheet
Undying Light Warlock, Level 1

HP: 9/9
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +3
Perception: +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
In Hand: Quarterstaff

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 14
Str:+0
Dex:+3
Con:+1
Int:+1
Wis:+3
Cha:+5[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Sacred Flame: DC 13 Dex Save 1d8+3 Radiant
Dagger: +5 1d4+3 P
Quarterstaff (2-Hands): +3 1d8+1 B
Light Crossbow: +5 1d8+3 P[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]History: +2
Insight: +3
Persuasion: +5
Religion: +2[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Cantrips: Unlimited
Dancing Lights
Light
Sacred Flame
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

Level 1: 1/Short Rest
Burning Hands
Hellish Rebuke[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Accumulated Coin: 15 GP

Expenditures:
-1 GP to the Barmaid of Ivenho

Current Coin: 14 GP

Game Info:
It will take a day to travel through the "Shortcut" to Durran Mill, our destination.

A group called "The Royal Guard" controls the path, with palisade checkpoints.

A Demonic General was slain to the North, in an area now known as "The Scorched Grove".
- "There where seven demonic generals each embodying the worse aspects of mankind, they served under something so dark and alien no sentient race could fathom it" [/sblock][/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Some how some way the orc manages to avoid the flame, instinct perhaps or maybe he staggered just at the right moment desperately clinging to his last shred of life with everything he has.

OOC: Asha is,ready to take a,pop

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases