D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

Jago

Explorer
It ate your PM ...?

Dear Najm, The Crash is returning ._.

Run for your lives! Unplug from The Matrix! Unthread The Weave!

ENWORLD IS AN ILLUSION, THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM, BUY GOLD, BYE!

Shayuri

First Post
Hey now, gold is a perfectly sound investment, not just a shelter for assets when...BWAHAHAHHAA...

Sorry, couldn't do it. YES BUY THE GOLD.

Quickleaf

Legend
Who lives by gold alone...

CYHQB.png

Shayuri

First Post
Holy Slayer would be interesting. A good way to hook into the setting, though I am not sure what such a character would be doing with the other PCs. It's always tricky playing a character who owes such strict loyalty...but then again, tricky characters can be the most fun. :)

Quickleaf

Legend
Holy Slayer would be interesting. A good way to hook into the setting, though I am not sure what such a character would be doing with the other PCs. It's always tricky playing a character who owes such strict loyalty...but then again, tricky characters can be the most fun. :)

True! Let's see, the PCs sort of came together as two groups:

1. Members of the court of Sheikh Ali al-Hadd of Tajar, City of Trade (this includes Najiyah & Akilah, both viziers)

2. Representatives of the Grand Caliph sent from the capital to investigate (this includes Kaniel & The Promise)

So... I can toss out some ideas...

Maybe you're a double agent of the Flamedeath holy slayers (loyal to the Brotherhood of True Flame) sent to infiltrate the Sheikh's court (1), but you actually are reneging on your fellows to betray them?

The City of Trade (1) draws temples revering deities of prosperity – Hakiyah, Haku, Jisan, Selan – so any of the corresponding holy slayer fellowships – Soft Whisper, Wind of Fate, Gilded Palm, or Moon-Spinners – could leverage the Sheikh to include their representative in the venture? No doubt with a secret mission?

The Sheikh of Tajar (1) might have a few secret agents looking out for the attempts of the old tyrannical sultan or his kind to regain a footholds in Tajar, and you might be one of those agents? Investigating potential ties between the former ousted wicked sultan and the Brotherhood of True Flame?

Alternately...

Maybe you're covertly sent by the Grand Caliph (2) as an agent even his other agents don't know about, as a last resort? So you might sign up to the venture as a hireling initially until circumstance calls you to reveal your true purpose?

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Okay, what are the PC's objectives? What's this investigation from the Grand Caliph?

Ah!

Amir Bouladin al-Mutajalli (His Resplendent Magnificence, May the Gods Themselves Speak Highly of Him) rules the Jann of the High Desert, known as the House of Sihr. Though the jann are tempestuous and unwelcoming of trespassers, they trade with other enlightened tribes and have sworn fealty to the Grand Caliph, sending a delegate each year with rare and wondrous tribute. However, this is the third year no such delegate has appeared in the court of the Grand Caliph and word is that caravans are mercilessly being attacks by dark-robed men appearing out of the desert whirlwind.

Concerned that Amir Bouladin may be facing division among the jann sheikhs loyal to him (and what that may presage for the neighboring Qudra and the Pearl Cities), the Grand Caliph orders an expedition led by the PCs to investigate.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. Dark robed men attacking loyal delegates with tribute for the Caliph...I can see the potential for an assassin in the crew. Perhaps posing as someone innocuous at first.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hmm. Dark robed men attacking loyal delegates with tribute for the Caliph...I can see the potential for an assassin in the crew. Perhaps posing as someone innocuous at first.

Were you thinking holy slayer? Did one of these fellowships appeal to you at all? Or want to make something up?

The Zakharan pantheon is described here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Zakharan_pantheon

[sblock=holy slayer fellowships]
asdF5pa.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Soft Whisper or Moonspinner might work...of the two, the Soft Whisper seems like an easier tie-in, since there's no evidence of a heathen faith at work here. And additionally, it seems easier to hook into a variety of situations. Let me see who this Hakiyah is...

Yes. I can work with Hakiyah...and since the Soft Whisper protect the interests of the Grand Caliph, it works very well.

Last edited:

Remove ads