D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Yavathol

Explorer
"I agree with Davaros. If Roco was geased or dominated into slaughtering the kobold, there is no sign that the enchanter has any further interest in him. Given the limits of such magics, I am surprised that the enchanter's footprints were not also at the scene.

We can certainly inform the authorities, in case there is a pattern of such events which we are unaware of. But I too would like to follow the trail of the Vonindod and see where it leads us. We can always move on to Silverymoon afterwards."

OOC:
Is this place big enough to have any spellcasters for hire? If we can afford it, a speak with dead or contact other plane spell would be very helpful right now!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: I think I wasn't clear enough in my intentions earlier. It looks like we just leave this issue - is that reasonable? Bell won't want to travel with Roco, but if she is the only one upset by the cave-scene, I'm prepared to leave it as is.

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Oh Gul is also quite upset, but I don't think pressing Roco is going to get us anywhere, so other than divination magic, I'm not sure how to proceed any further on that tack?

Unless something happens when we get him to Silverymoon, but I don't know if anything is going to happen. Maybe we could try an Augery spell along the lines of "Will going to Silverymoon bring us weal or woe in our aim of identifying those responsible for the kobolds death?"

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
We can certainly inform the authorities, in case there is a pattern of such events which we are unaware of. But I too would like to follow the trail of the Vonindod and see where it leads us. We can always move on to Silverymoon afterwards."

It's been a long silence. Bellalalalalinda stares at Gul, but eventually she breaks away.

She's sour, but she accepts the wisdom of her colleagues. "You're right. We don't need to make waves. I don't want to travel with him though. I don't think he's trustworthy. Neither does Whistler. Let's get a drink."

"Want some milk, Whist?" she asks, rubbing him behind his ear.

OOC: Genuinely sorry if we've been waiting on me

Creamsteak

Explorer
At the Calling Horn Inn you find that they have an impressive selection of ales and wines in the cellar. The locals are quite polite and tell stories that, "The trolls are on the run. Fire giants have been combing the Evermoors enslaving them where they can. Trolls are usually lazy, but running makes them hungry..."

Other stories are about the White Hart Inn in Noanar's Hold and Flint Rock.

The fables go that the Hunt Lords from two hundred years ago patrol the forest at night killing anyone not native to the village.

Flint Rock is a known Elk barbarian tribe ritual site, but there are rumors that before the Elk Tribe took the mound it was a place of importance to giants in ages past.

OOC: Let me know if you all intend a long rest here or to talk to the town's leader or similar. The bard you came in with seems to have already retired to his room in this same inn.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros is tired. He wants to go and see Flint Rock and talk to the elk barbarians because that is where he believes he will fight giants. He tells his companions accordingly and waits to get their feedback before a good night's sleep.

Yavathol

Explorer
"I think the giants are long gone from Flint Rock, sounds like it's just Uthgardt there now. Let's talk to the town leader in the morning and then go into the Evermoors..I guarantee you, there are fire giants there.."

After Davaros goes to bed, Gul speaks to several of the locals, finding out who is in charge here, and what the locals think of their leader. He won't get drunk himself, but happily buys drinks for anyone who helps him out, or has interesting stories to tell about giants..

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalalinda is content to chase fire giants. Once she would have said such things didn't exist, but she's seen giants now, and boy are they big. She happily acquiesces to the plan.

She needs to sit down, but since Whistler has been carrying her for much of the trip, she is not that tired. She isn't interested in drinks, but instead sits on the top of the stair, looking down at the tavern occupants from a heat height. Most would think that this was a choice of a little person, experiencing a different perspective, and they would normally be right. But not tonight. Tonight, Bell is really keeping an eye on the corridor to her right, watching Red Roco's door, to see if he emerges sleepwalking in the night. She will maintain this vigil as long as she is able.

Remove ads