D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
The befezzed orc claims, "I once met the prince of all giant monkeys. Made his whole family into sausage."

Dorkath looks Euon in the eyes. "He'd have eaten you alive."

Food shows up at some point. Much pizza to be had. Much ale.

"If what you say is true... I think we'll need take Harshnag's opinion on the matter. If anyone is aware of giant's business, it will be him. Sadly he has not placed an order in a bit. I hear his company was mostly murdered."

Euon paled. He was accustomed to be treated like the scourge of the land, but the orc's directness, bearing, and demeanor made Euon uneasy. He wanted something to eat, but dared not extend his hand to reach for a slice of the fragrant pie lying on the table. If he were to reach for it, his wrist would be exposed and everyone would see the scaly skin of the beginnings of his greyscale. Euon froze. He stayed put, too scared to edge further out of sight behind Davaros, but unwilling to relax and be seated at the table with the others. I hate people. Hate them. I just want to get somewhere quiet and hole up for a bit. Isn't there anywhere I could go? Euon's eyes shifted to the door.

OOC: I'll do another message sending of Euon's thoughts to Bella. His sending them is inadvertent and unwitting; he doesn't know he's broadcasting his fear. [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
"Who's Harshnag?"

Someone bumped up against Euon, a pretty little half-elf with flyaway red hair and an impertinent grin as she stretched a little to reach over the table and snag a piece of the 'pizza.'

She flashed him a look that was somehow both apologetic and unrepentant as she dragged her prize over in front of her.

"If any of them're left, we can find 'em!"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalinda had been overwhelmed with the smells of the baking breads, and the melted cheese. Oh, the melted cheese. On entering the establishment she had instantly pulled up against a table, her nose just reaching the top as she inhaled deeply. She knew what she wanted to order, but struggled to get the attention of one of the servers.

It had been an easy journey for her only because she had been carried most of the way by Whistler. He was a good friend, she knew, and in fact thought she could her the thump-thump-thump of his feet on the other side of the thatched roof. There he was, keeping himself out out sight but always within calling distance. Poor guy won't get any cheese, she thinks to herself.

She had not been a good companion for the others, wandering off on her own. Euon had kept talking to her imagination, in that special way that he had. It tickled the inside of her ears, and gave her a reassuring comfort. He was a good friend for her, even if he was so quiet, she thought. There was no way for her to talk back of course, but the sights and smells had been enough and it was only now that she was rejoining the group with the orc with the funny hat.

As she approached, she could hear him say, "I once met the prince of all giant monkeys. Made his whole family into sausage." This made her very pleased with herself for encouraging Whistler to stay outside. He'd not want to hear that.

Bellalalalinda pulled herself up on a stool, and stool, so she was now roughly eye-level with the others who were standing. "Ready!" she proclaims to no one in particular. She is pleased with herself.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Harshnag is Harshnag. That's his name. He's legendary, how have you not heard of him? Force Grey! Notoriously destructive adventuring company that has saved Waterdeep on multiple occasions. He's the big one. When he showed up, you knew something was about to go down..."

To Uric he responds rather angrily, "You get to decide how it's made when it's your restaurant!"

Once some have had their fill of food he continues...

"So you've delivered your messages. Thanks for the tooth. It'll come in handy soon, I'm sure." His knowing smile seems quite a bit sinister as he says that. He will exchange a tip of 10 gp for the giant's tooth. "I just wish there were more..."

He gives everyone some time to discuss things and introduce yourselves to each other (ideally). His eyes seem to be taking in everything he can about you all, and he makes no secret of it.

"Well if you all do want to investigate this further, I'll see if I can get a message to Harshnag. Perhaps there is something to giants attacking multiple different towns at the same time. If you ever need work in the meantime, I'm always looking for more delivery porters. I seem to be going through them faster than dough these days..."

Jago

Explorer
~ Koldan was more than happy to part with the tooth: rotting calcium was not something he wanted in his pack for an extended period of time. Getting paid to hand it over was no different from a bounty, he supposed. With that, they ate, they talked, and more information came to light.

Harshnag of Force Grey ... it appeared that was their next stop. Koldan did not relish the idea of being a simple messenger, but he knew that he could not stand against the forces mustering at IronSlag by himself. Even his companions beside him, they would all be crushed or sold into slavery, and one Ranger's hatred of the creatures was not going to be enough.

Still, across the table were people who had encountered a similar scene, were they not? Hill Giants, perhaps, but a Jotun was still a Jotun, as the people of The Dale said. Might as well try and consolidate. It didn't help that Koldan had assumed that his initial stare may have unsettled one of the humans: the man barely ate while the rest of them feasted. He didn't mean to offend, and so tried to make amends.

In the space that Dorkath allowed them, he raised his mug a bit to the unknowns.

" Well, fellow saviors of towns," he offered a toast of respect, " Thank the gods we still have our heads after such encounters. My name is Koldan, a hunter from The North."

He paused to take a drink, allowing (what he assumed to be) the flurry of introductions to fly forth, before speaking with a now sated throat.

" It seems to me that we both have two parts of the same story. Many arrows bring the stag down faster: would you three be interested in pursuing this matter further with ourselves?" ~

[sblock=Koldan's Stats]Character Sheet
Revised Ranger Deep Stalker 6

HP: 52/52
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +4 (Advantage)
Perception: +6 (Passive: 16)
Darkvision: 90 feet
In Hand: Nothing

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 16
Str:+2
Dex:+6
Con:+2
Int:+0
Wis:+3
Cha:-1[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Heavy Crossbow: +8, 1d10+3P (Sharpshooter: +3, 1d10+13 P)
Scimitar: +6, 1d6+3 S (Offhand: +6, 1d6 S)
+4 Damage to All Humanoids & Giants[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]Acrobatics: +6
Insight: +6
Investigation: +3
Perception: +6
Stealth: +6
Survival: +6[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Spell Save DC: 14 Spell Attack: +6
Level 1: 4/Long Rest
Disguise Self
Ensnaring Strike
Hail of Thorns
Hunter's Mark

Level 2: 2/Long Rest
Rope Trick
Silence
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Coin: 50 GP
Starting Coin: 40 GP
+10 GP - Sold Giant's Tooth to Dorkath The Orkath

Game Info:
Fire Giants attacked Triboar looking for a "Vonindod", which they called a weapon that was in many parts. Fire Giant Duke Zalto of Ironslag wants this to "win".

Darathra was a Harper: she gave me a Platinum Badge of Triboar to present to Dorkath The Orkath to let him know of the attack.

There is a Kobold in the area of Yartar named "Lightwalker", a craftsman with 'some incredible weapons'.

There is a 5,000 GP Bounty on "The Weevil", a Dwarven Brigand last seen at Xantharl's Keep as a stable cleaner. The reward is for delivering him alive to authorities in Mirabar.

Ghelryn Foehammer has given us a letter of recommendation to King Morinn and Queen Tithmel of Citadel Fellbar. Ghelryn will also give us a 10% discount on customized weapons and armor in Triboar.

Harshnag of FORCE GREY should be told about the Giants. Apparently his company was 'mostly murdered'.[/sblock][/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros raises his glass to the hunter and says: "Hail to you and your group, Koldan! I will gladly join forces with you. I must finish some business that won't take more than a few hours, and will be ready to find this Harshnag with you all"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Me 'n' Whistler will come too," declares the small woman on the barstool, jerking her thumb towards the ceiling. "Don't worry," she adds, "I'll keep you all safe, or my name isn't Bellalalalalalinda."

Yavathol

Explorer
"Well met, er, Bella?"

The hooded man next to Koldan inclines his head, obviously hoping she isn't offended by the shortening of her name. A warm smile of pearly teeth is just visible beneath the hood, from the right angle.
I am Gul, a sage of the arcane arts. The exploits of Force Grey have certainly reached my ears, and I am saddened to hear of their demise.

OOC: Are there any libraries or sages in Waterdeep that would be worth consulting about Ironslag, the Vonindod, etc?

Remove ads