D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
The magnus does know some things, all historical.

"That name is rather famous in many ways. To the dragons, it was the 'titan of death'. To the giants it was their great bulwark against the dragons. When the war ended, both sides agreed to dismantle the titan and send all the parts to far flung corners of Faerun. I fear that the way the tale goes, none of the dragons could hope to defeat it in open combat and it was only when a crazed giant king turned the weapon against his own people that it was decided to end the war. Neither side could hope to say they had won anything, retiring, melancholy, and bitter."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
He pauses for a second, either confused by the gorilla or that you don't know who he is, "Oh... singing of course. Most of the stringed instruments as well. And swimming. A well rounded student is one with many skills."

Bellalalalinda is caught between the choice of singing or swimming. She is a very strong swimmer already -- her time as a castaway meant that many of her formative years had been spent fishing in the shallows of her island home. She needed no instruction.

"Oh! Let's start with a swimming lesson," she suggests. "We can sing to each other later."

She makes no effort to explain Whistler, on whose forehead she places a hand as she leans in closer to the half-orc.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The orc still has a quizzical expression to his face, but he invites Bell, "Alright then. I have the pool at the arena reserved from three to midnight tonight. Myself and a few others will be warming up first, that may be a good time to see what you think. I have some interesting ideas. You should bring your friend too, what is his name?" He seems to be talking about the gorilla.

Creamsteak

Explorer
To anyone still hanging out at Dorkath's or other public establishments, there seem to be buzz for some kind of grudge match tonight involving local "college" teams.

OOC: Pacing is difficult with the split group, so let me know if you want to move on in some way. I have an interesting idea on a direction to take things to get things going a bit, but I need everyone to be at "ready" status for it that wants to participate. I don't want to cut off anyone's investigation or railroad anything a particular way.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The orc still has a quizzical expression to his face, but he invites Bell, "Alright then. I have the pool at the arena reserved from three to midnight tonight. Myself and a few others will be warming up first, that may be a good time to see what you think. I have some interesting ideas. You should bring your friend too, what is his name?" He seems to be talking about the gorilla.
"Oh, Whistler doesn't like to swim," Bellalalalainda confirms. "I'll see you this afternoon," she promises, as she waggles both eyebrows aggressively, and then looks over at the other gnome woman and nods knowingly. She turns back to the half-orc. "At the arena then." And she smiles, as Whistler turns away.

Yavathol

Explorer
"Fascinating!" Gul enthused at the magnus, "Do you know anything of giant society since then?

We heard that a Duke, a fire giant, was looking for pieces of this object, and I wondered firstly,who would outrank him? And secondly, what has changed recently to cause giants to wander around in our society!

Do you know of any sages around who would know more?"

OOC: Happy to move on, and gather more information out of character:-D

Creamsteak

Explorer
"They were crushed and never fully recovered. They maintain a hierarchy and independent cultures between their races. Storm Giants rule over all, lead by their King Hekaton who has since ruled from the Wyrmskull Throne. Cloud Giants, Frost and Fire Giants, Stone Giants, and Hill Giants all have lesser ranks. This ranking is called the Ordning. Duke is a traditional fire giant title, though some have daringly styled themselves kings in the past."

"I no little of current events outside Waterdeep at the moment. I'm afraid you'll need to find someone with current knowledge than I, and I'm afraid I don't know anyone that has any current details."

"We do have some other resources here, though it would take some time to do some research. The libraries have had to be rebuild recently. I am not asking for any sort of donation necessarily, we're not begging for hand-outs here, but supporting our efforts here would open some doors more easily. Tuition and room and board are expensive for some of the poorer students, and we try to offer those with talent opportunities. In exchange, it would be fairly easy for me to convince some of the other interested faculty to donate some of their more senior students time to finding out more... both in the libraries and in the field."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Well, I think the FIRST thing we'd need to figure out is where to keep the pieces we find," Ilshana posited. "We know the giants have ways to find them, and from what we've heard so far, they'll stop at nothing to get them all! We have a piece with us right NOW, which means any minute Waterdeep could be buried neck deep in giants!"

Creamsteak

Explorer
The gnomish woman makes some kind of rude dismissive hand gesture towards Bell and wanders into the other conversation.

"Neck deep you say? So up to their big toes?" She seems to say it in a way that implies mocking.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases