[WOIN] Fantasy Careers errated version is now available

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In preparation for the full hardcover compilation, Fantasy Careers has had the errata applied. If you have the PDF, please re-download it!

The current PDF file has v1.1 in the filename.

easl

Explorer
Great! Going through it now. First question...do Orcs really get STR+2, AGI+2, INT+3? I thought the +3 was an error, and it was supposed to be errata'd to +1?

Second question...p45 defensive skills: did you guys forget to add the armor skills? They aren't listed.

Third question...p48-49, the new Patrons section. This is nice flavor. However, it doesn't seem like there is any advantage to taking them, only penalties. The section tells you what you *can't* do (or what takes 2x regular MP to do) if you take a specific patron, but it doesn't include any benefits you get from the patron. Am I reading this correctly and is that structure intentional, or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Great! Going through it now. First question...do Orcs really get STR+2, AGI+2, INT+3? I thought the +3 was an error, and it was supposed to be errata'd to +1?

You'll have to remind me - that's not ringing a bell. Then again I do have a lot of discussions! Total of +7 which is high-ish, but I think it's OK. One of my players is an orc (has been for about a year) and it seems fine.

Second question...p45 defensive skills: did you guys forget to add the armor skills? They aren't listed.

I was going to, but it's a terminology thing. They're not *strictly* defensive skills (you can't use them to increase your DEFENSE scores), so putting them there would be confusing. Now you mention it, though, it looks like it isn't referenced elsewhere. One one the list for any future updates.

Third question...p48-49, the new Patrons section. This is nice flavor. However, it doesn't seem like there is any advantage to taking them, only penalties. The section tells you what you *can't* do (or what takes 2x regular MP to do) if you take a specific patron, but it doesn't include any benefits you get from the patron. Am I reading this correctly and is that structure intentional, or am I missing something?

Well, it's really just flavor and an example intended to direct clerics down a path. I am sure that most GMs will design their own pantheons. The default clerics gets one of the secrets for free as part of the Portfolio exploit, plus the Virtue secret. Clerics are a little less magically diverse than mages, for sure (unless your pantheon has a god which grants all secrets).

easl

Explorer
I was going to, but it's a terminology thing. They're not *strictly* defensive skills (you can't use them to increase your DEFENSE scores), so putting them there would be confusing. Now you mention it, though, it looks like it isn't referenced elsewhere. One one the list for any future updates.

And to be fair, I frankly don't think they should all be equally available to all PCs. Yeah it makes sense to allow all PC's to wear higher quality leather, but the ability to use high quality plate should not be equally available; that requires training. So personally, I would change the current O.L.D, rules to make the ability to wear Light-type armor a defensive skill...but include medium and heavy armor skills in with the careers that are more militant. I would not allow a PC who took Apprentice/Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage to have a heavy armor of +5(3d6). That seems...a bit off.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases