Missing Planer [sic] Tiles

Elfshire

First Post
Is there any plan to include Jiquus, Regulus, and Patricalus in tile form so they can be used alongside the others during the final encounter of Zeitgeist's final chapter?

efreund

Explorer
Aren't the tiles mostly used to plan the cosmology? Prior to the final battle, I mean. (They have the planes' power-description on them, and implies the PCs know how they work.) The only way for the PCs could get ahold of the those three icons (Jiquus, Regulus, Patricalus) are by bum-rushing Nic and taking them off his body in the final fight. They shouldn't necessarily know what are those planes' powers (or even their elements).

What I'm wondering is ... what benefits do these things give when worn as amulets? The original planer icons in Act1 (Urim, Apet, etc) all gave you fun little abilities. Here's an opportunity for about two dozen unique magic items! (That you can even carry from the Gyre back to Lanjyr, across the soul-splits!)

This also makes me want to seed in some planar icons as treasure in adv7, during the ObCon. Heck, they were clearly using Watchmaker powers back then to make their demo-rooms: they surely had a Patricalus and Regulus icons at the time (though the latter would not be useful to the PCs, given that that particular "scroll of fate" would just talk about a minute's worth of time). Hrm.

Dude.

Seriously, dude.

I uploaded the 4e act three compilation last night. This would have been an excellent idea, but we pulled the trigger less than 24 hours before you posted this. Sorry.

efreund

Explorer
Until books have been printed, it's never too late :cool:

I get "your PDF has been updated" emails from RpgNow all the time. Well, sometimes. (Some publishers take this too far. Red Aegis? Blades in the Dark? Yea, I'm looking at you two.)

Remove ads