D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

Jago

Explorer
~ " Masa' alkhayr, friends," Kaniel ibn-Faruq greeted Akilah and Amina with the well-wishing of the evening.

The Half-Orc beamed brightly, glad that his faith in these two had not been misplaced and they had returned unharmed. He gave Najiyah a sidelong glance, knowing that Akilah was like a sister to her and yet even Najiyah had trusted in the other Vizier's competency. Clearly there was a strong bond of trust between the two, one that would serve them all well in the days ahead.

" I am glad to see you unharmed. I must assume that this means you have come to an arrangement?" he asked, keeping his talk vague: in the Sheikh's house, it paid to be at least a little careful.

" Najiyah and I were on the way to see her father," Kaniel added, still concerned over the Sorceress' episode from earlier. He knew her to be a fiery sort, but ... not like that.

" Perhaps for a late cup of coffee and a talk. Though the Herald may ... be a most talkative sort," the Half-Orc politely implied how loose the Halfling's lips appeared to his own senses, " So it may be best to sort out our plans for the morning and evening before we go do so." ~

Shayuri

First Post
Amina bobbed her head in a kind of half-nod, half-bow to Kaniel, but elected to let Akilah do the talking on the results of their meeting with the bandit brothers.

It was well though, she reflected, that they were only after a map. That meant they could keep the book itself. Amina had no doubt it would prove most useful.

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: Since it has been over a week since the last posts, I thought I'd check in with you all. [MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION] [MENTION=6866331]Foxbytes[/MENTION] [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] I know we all get busy, so maybe this is just that? Or is this a case of you all waiting for me to frame a scene? I had thought you intended to have some time to converse and plan among yourselves? Is that no longer the case? What's up?

Thateous

Explorer
"Greetings friends." Akilah says as she moves to hug her sister. She then turns to Kaniel and nods,"The meeting went as expected. No blood was spilt this night and I've secured their assistance in dealing with the raid for a chance to excavate a treasure, the location of which is hidden inside the spellbook."

OOC: I was secretly hoping someone would relieve me of the "lead charcter" tourch, but if not then I shall carry it high and proud.

Shayuri

First Post
"Or so they believe," Amina says softly. "Perhaps we should find it and remove it from the book. Why give up more than we promised?"

Salahuddin nods to the Vazier and her handmaiden. As she spoke with Kaniel on the deal she negotiated Salahuddin's attention shifts to his side. A small swirling vortex materializes next to the Sha'ir and Easifa steps through and looks to his master. Salahuddin nods to the Gen and it floats off in search of food, vanishing as it floats down the hallway towards one of the kitchens.

"Yes, now that we are in a more private location we should examine the book. See if we can unlock it's secrets. Perhaps we retire to our rooms?"

As Easifa moves off Salahuddin reaches out to him.

After you have eaten I require you to find some secrets for me.

Salahuddin turns his attention back to his companions. He smiles at Najiyah.

"We also have other planning to do and things to discuss." Salahuddin turns to his valet. "Sinjin brother please get us some refreshments and bring them to our rooms."

OOC: I want to send my Gen to get some spells. I don't have my book on me so I'll post what later.

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: Starting this up again! [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION] [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] Since the party is changing so much, I want to let everyone introduce your PCs, and make sure everyone is caught up to speed. Ask any questions you need, either IC or OOC.

When the inner palace doors opened to the returning party – consisting of Akilah and her handmaiden “Amina”, Kaniel and Najiyah, and Salahuddin and his towering genie manservant Sinjin – the sounds of soft oud playing filter through crisp evening air. Sheikh Ali’s evening court is a far simpler affair than his daytime majesty, the braziers flickering low as his most trusted guards keep watch as the Sheikh is entertained. At his right hand is the brooding half-orc Husam, a legend in his own right on the streets of Tajar.

Dulcet Riqqiyah, a bedazzling rawuna (bard) plucks the strings of her elegant oud, filling the smoky throne room with a tale of regret, loss, and triumphant return. All woven upon the strings of her oud with only the occasional chanting accompaniment.

[SECTION] Sheikh Ali gestures to the bearded mystic Lal Qalandar who is seated on the cushions at the foot of the dais upon which his throne rests. “There are times when I yearn for the tribal fires of my youth, surely as you must? But I am wedded to Tajar, this City of Trade, by bonds of blood, even as those same bonds call me back to the desert. You seem to understand this, oh friend of noble Husam, for are you not a man with each foot in two worlds?”

Upon noting the entrance of the party, Sheikh Ali gestures for them to make themselves comfortable. Turban-wearing youths, skin brown from exposure to the desert, usher forth bearing honeyed dates and milk tea. ”You’ve returned from the markets. Come in, there is much to discuss, I am certain.”

In his hands rest a scroll bearing the seal of the mamluks of the Valiant, and his eyes follow the half-orc Kaniel and the sorceress Najiyah closely. His mind is made up, and he must deliver the news to them forthwith, but first there are introductions to be made. ”I believe you did not have the pleasure of meeting several members of my court earlier,” says the Sheikh. Gesturing to his right at a stoic half-orc, “Husam ibn Khalid, most trusted of my palace guard, and a hero of Tajar.” He pauses a moment before continuing the flowing gesture of his hand to the raven-haired woman performing, “Dulcet Riqqiyah, my rawuna (bard), and as well-traveled a soul as I’ve yet to meet. With the exception perhaps…” Dulcet Riqqiyah politely inclines her head toward you, perspicacious eyes studying your party.

“…with the exception perhaps of this traveler and companion-in-arms to Husam, Lal Qalandar of…where was it you hail from again?” The Sheikh inquires with raised brows, but his meaningful glance towards his daughter Akilah is clearly meant to gauge her read on the stranger. After all, the matters at hand are extremely sensitive, and Sheikh Ali must be able to trust everyone who sits in his confidence tonight.[/SECTION]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal looks attentively at the Sheik while enjoying the milk and dates, and upon hearing the first question, promptly swallows the date (pit included) and answered:

"The Universe is vast and we must all walk our paths. Fate has decreed that I must wander and that you must rule. I have seen many rulers in my travel, and few are as deserving as you, oh most wise Sheikh - those who hunger for power are least suited to wield it"

He smiled beatifically to the Sheikh, his eyes watering slightly as he suppressed the cough of the ill-swallowed date. He looked at the newcomers with gratitude, as the shuffling around allowed him to recover. He nodded and smiled at each introduction.

"Oh, I am but a humble wanderer oh great Potentate. Many years I have traveled these lands, but originally I hail from the Purple Lands, which we call Yoon-Suin, far away over the sea. It is a land of mighty rivers and mountains that reach to the stars, of savage jungles and decadent cities, of fiery spices and the smoothest of silks. The walk from there to here took several months."

He again smiled broadly, closely paying attention to see who would react first - a good way to see who was the quickest witted.

Last edited:

Remove ads