D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

Thateous

Explorer
Akilah starts by channeling the will of Hakiyah into her eyes and extending that gift to Salahuddin. "Let's see if the true meaning of these markings are hidden to the naked eye."
OOC: Channel divinity: Disperse Mirage

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

Quickleaf

Legend
The will of Hakiyah is made manifest, a silence pervading Salahuddin's tent. Thereupon, the pages of the spellbook flutter by some desert breeze slipping under the tent flap, and the gold-leaf margin patterns peel off the page, seeming to dissolve in the air. Underlaying the illusory script are golden slightly glowing maps, depicting clearly the route the workers on Jabir's tomb took through the al-Yakbi Mountains. They unequivocally depict the tomb's location, as well as its construction...which appears surprisingly simple. Notes from Akdam, however, illustrate his suspicion that Jabir had contracted an entirely separate team of builders to construct a secret passage within the crypt itself...

aOLW0KF.png

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal let low a low whistle

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I brought my shovel... But after this display, I have no doubt that we will find any secret passages, if needed be - your powers to reveal truth are potent, oh Vizier" Lal added with a small bow.

Salahuddin looks on as Akilah channeled the will of Hakiyah and made the illusory text disappear like the morning dew moments after the sunrise. He looks down at the now revealed maps. He smiles at the ease at which the vizier dispelled the illusion.

"Noble vizier it appears that my guess was correct. The magical glyphs hid the map from prying eyes. Now we have the tombs location and a map to provide Nimar upon his fulfillment of his obligation. We will need to make a decision once we reach the oasis. Will we travel to this tomb with Nimar and his men after or just give them the map and let them on their way?"

As Salahuddin waits for Akilah's answer he reaches out to Easifa.

Are you watching Fereshte as I requested? What has she been up to since we made camp?

Thateous

Explorer
Akilah stops her channeling and the map disappears. "Getting to this tomb requires more work than I believe Nimar is prepared to put in. I will speak with him tonight if he hadn't turned in for the night." She takes a sip of water before continuing.
"The deal was for him to get us to our destination, which the oasis is not. They will take us into the area where my cousin will not venture. Nimar has other men, not with us who could begin excavating the tomb while we continue on, however I remain by my decision to not interfere with their endeavours."

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

Quickleaf

Legend
Salahuddin looks on as Akilah channeled the will of Hakiyah and made the illusory text disappear like the morning dew moments after the sunrise. He looks down at the now revealed maps. He smiles at the ease at which the vizier dispelled the illusion.

"Noble vizier it appears that my guess was correct. The magical glyphs hid the map from prying eyes. Now we have the tombs location and a map to provide Nimar upon his fulfillment of his obligation. We will need to make a decision once we reach the oasis. Will we travel to this tomb with Nimar and his men after or just give them the map and let them on their way?"

As Salahuddin waits for Akilah's answer he reaches out to Easifa.

Are you watching Fereshte as I requested? What has she been up to since we made camp?

[SECTION]"She sits on a rock and watches the northern horizon from which we've come, my handsome and well-dressed master, with a single-pointed focus. For over an hour she sits and watches. There is nothing out there but sand, boulders, and tufts of dried grass." At this, Easifa mentally yawns. While he has no true need for sleep – or food and drink for that matter – the djinnling is perhaps a touch excessively fond of such mortal vanities. [/SECTION]

Salahuddin nods to the vizier. The deal was more open ended than either he or Akilah had said and Nimar may see a different agreement. But Salahuddin had learned not to argue with royalty. He shrugs and looks northward towards his Gen. The report from Easifa troubled him. What was north and for what could Fereshte be waiting. It seemed ominous to the Sha'ir. Salahuddin relays the information provided to him by Easifa to those in his tent. At the comment from Lal he shrugs.

"I do not know but she seems to wait for something. Out of the three siblings she is the one I fear the most. This is why Easifa watches her." Salahuddin turns back to the others. "But what is our plan? We have several locations that these raids occurred but little solid evidence or even motivation for them. If this is some larger plot it's reason still eludes me."

As Salahuddin talks he gives further instructions to his Gen.

Continue to watch her. She waits for something and I do not want to be surprised when it arrives.

OOC: Just a heads up I am going on vacation next week and will have limited internet access.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal looked grim "We need more information - and we may have to get it the hard way - provoke a raid, emerge victorious and through survivors and other clues gauge our foes's intent. But it depends how much our foes know about us - do they know they are facing champions (and a humble mendicant?). If so the raid will be fierce... or won't occur at all. If they don't know... then they will not expect true resistance and we will triumph."

Thateous

Explorer
"Look for a bird. Earlier when we inspected their equipment they had a messenger bird. I doubt it is what she waits for, but short of asking here there is know way to know."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases