Pathfinder 1E [INTEREST/RECRUIT] - Crowns of Ice

Archon Basileus

First Post
Guys, I'll post more details on the scenario today. I'm writing some ideas based on what we have discussed so far. Also, I've been using my free time to take another look at the books and work on the races and npcs. I also discovered a nice local research a few writers did on the period that go along with some stuff Fenris discussed earlier on.

Also, sorry if I've been too quiet. I decided to let you guys define the characters on your own, so the game would be more characteristic.

Later!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
We've got some epic backstories / current plots for you to work with. We've been quiet cause we're working hard on them! Lol How would you like those delivered? Here? PM's? Through our character sheet write ups?

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Also, also, I've changed my class! I'm going with Witch. Still tglassy's character's good daughter, so I guess you could say White Witch. I've got a story but he doesn't know she's a witch. I don't think she knows she's a witch either yet. Once you see the story you'll understand. I think I'm going to leave the patron up to you AB, unless you want otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Archon Basileus

First Post
Either way works for me, [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]! I've been trying my hand at a few npcs for both Crowns of Ice and Tideruler, and I could use the extra exercise! I'll just need you to send me the details before I give it a try!

Do you guys need some extra days with the chars? Just let me know!

Lore is coming soon! I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, so I'm laying low for now! But I'll be back on Sunday!

Fenris

Adventurer
Thorir “Wolfgrin” Volundson
[sblock] Thorir Wolfgrin.jpg

[/sblock]

Height 6’ 3”; Weight 220# ; Hair: Black, beard: red ; Eyes: Blue; Age 21; Patron Deity: Thor
Sex: Male Race: Human Class: Fighter (Tactician) Level:4
Alignment: Chaotic Good Size: Medium Type: Humanoid
Init +5; Senses Perception +0
Languages : Norse

AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 17
HP XX (HD: 10 +3d10 + 8 Con +4 Favored Class )
Fort +6 , Ref +3 , Will+3
Speed 30ft.
Melee +7
Ranged +6
Base Atk +4 ; CMB +7 ; CMD 19
Special Actions
Combat gear: None

Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14 , Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Combat Stats:
Longsword: +9 (+4 BAB +3 Str +1 WF +1 MW)/ 1d8+5 19-20x2
Longspear: +7 (+4 BAB +3 Str) 1d8+4 x3
Throwing axe: +6 (+4 BAB +2 Dex) 1d6+3 x2
Longbow: +6 ( +4 BAB +2 Dex) 1d8+3 x3 range 110
Racial Traits: [sblock]
Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
• Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
• Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
• Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
[/sblock]
Class Abilities: [sblock]
Proficiencies: All Simple and martial weapons. Light and Medium Armor and shields (except Tower)
Strategic Training: A tactician gains 4 skill ranks + a number of skill ranks equal to his Intelligence modifier at each level, instead of the normal 2 skill ranks + Intelligence modifier at each level. Furthermore, Diplomacy (Cha), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Linguistics(Int), and Sense Motive (Wis) are all class skills for the tactician.
Bonus Feats: A tactician may choose Skill Focus or any teamwork feat, in addition to Combat Feats, as bonus feats.
Tactical Awareness: At 2nd level, a tactician gains a +1 bonus on initiative checks. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels after 2nd level (to a maximum of +5 at 18th level).
Armor Training: Starting at 3rd level, a fighter learns to be more maneuverable while wearing armor. Whenever he is wearing armor, he reduces the armor check penalty by 1 (to a minimum of 0) and increases the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by his armor by 1. Every four levels thereafter (7th, 11th, and 15th), these bonuses increase by +1 each time, to a maximum –4 reduction of the armor check penalty and a +4 increase of the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed.
In addition, a fighter can also move at his normal speed while wearing medium armor. At 7th level, a fighter can move at his normal speed while wearing heavy armor.
[/sblock]
Feats : Power Attack (-2 to hit, +4 damage)(Human), Weapon Focus (Longsword) (Lvl 1), Iron Will (Class 2), Rugged Northerner (Lvl 3) Weapon Specialization (Longsword) (class 4),
Rugged Northerner [sblock] You treat extreme cold conditions as severe cold, and severe cold as cold weather conditions. You are not impacted at all by normal cold weather conditions. In addition, you do not become fatigued by frostbite or hypothermia.[/sblock]
Traits: Navigator [sblock] You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (geography) checks, and a +1 trait bonus on Profession (sailor) checks. One of these skills becomes a class skill for you..[/sblock]
Reactionary [sblock] You gain a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks. [/sblock]

Skills 24 Skill Points (4x4 lvl=16 +4 Int +1 Race)
+7 Climb (1 rank +3 Str +3 CS)
+ 9 Diplomacy (4 rank +2 Cha +3 CS)
+7 Intimidate (2 rank +2 Cha + 3 CS)
+6 Kn (Geography) (1 rank +1 Int + 3 CS +1 Trait)
+7 Kn (Nobility) (3 rank +1 Int + 3 CS)
+5 Kn (Engineering) (1 ranks +1 Int +3 CS)
+5 Linguistics (1 rank +1 Int +3 CS)
+8 Profession (Sailor) (4 rank +0 Wis +3 CS +1 Trait)
+6 Ride (1 rank +2 Dex +3 CS)
+7 Sense Motive (4 rank +0 Wis +3 CS)
+4 Survival (1 rank + 0 Wis +3 CS)
+7 Swim (1 rank +3 Str + 3 CS)

Equipment: 3,000 gp
Large Wooden Shield MW (157 gp)
Chainmail +1 (1,300 gp)
Longsword MW (315 gp)
Throwing Axe (8 gp)
Longspear (5 gp)
Composite Longbow (Str +3) (400 gp)
20 Arrow in quiver (1 gp)
Money: 714 gp

Background: [sblock] Jarl Volund Father
Einar Volunson Older brother 24
Thorir Volundson: (Wolf Grin) Me Age 21
Eben : Bastard son 20
Volund is a powerful Jarl, ruling over the Gandrael territory, a western, coastal land, of forest covered mountains with sheltered valleys, and numerous fjords rich with fish. Volund ruled well and was respected by the other Jarls. He had two sons, both strapping men like him. His eldest son, Einar was his father’s spitting image, dark of hair, eye and demeanor. Einar was a valiant warrior, and would be a solid, if stern Jarl when he succeeds his father. His mind is attuned to wealth and power, and those who spend time with him quickly decide he would be a Jarl who would be ambitious.
Volund’s younger son has his father’s dark hair, but more of his mother’s joy of life. Thorir grew in his brother’s shadow to some degree. Though he rivaled his brother in strength of arms, and sharpness of mind, he was never seen as a threat to his brother. Perhaps that was an underestimation by the family. It may have been Thorir joyous nature, his love of laughing and stories, that gave them a false sense of Thorir’s complicity.
As they grew though Thorir became more and more worried about his older brother. He became more secretive, gathered a group of loyal men about him who would do his bidding, and began treating people in the household poorly. Now to those who would visit, especially those in power, Einar was the consummate hersir, a warrior and statesman who would be a strong Jarl. But Thorir saw another side to him, a cruel, power-hungry man.
Still Thorir was at heart a happy man, and had confidence in his father to reign in Einar. Thorir as the younger son, wasn’t planning on being a land owner. He knew he would need to make his fortune another way. At 16 he set out with his father’s long ship, raiding out to the western nations. He proved himself a good sailor and a clever warrior.
That next summer, before the raiding season started, a surprise arrived. A dark family secret returned from across the sea. Volund had had a fling not long after Thorir was born with a beautiful trader from the southern nations. A son was born from that brief affair. But no one knew until they returned 5 years later when the trader re-appeared with the son. They were trying to escape the judgments at home and live in Gandrael. Of course the Jarl refused, sending them back south. But 10 or so years later he returned, alone. His mother had died, and Eben was seeking a home, a belonging. Whether Volund knew he had returned or not, Einar would not admit him to the Hall. It wasn’t long after that that Thorir, who only found out about Eben through a servant, went looking for this new found half-brother. It was then that Thorir noticed several men following Eben. These were men he had seen around the hall of late in the company of Einar. These men did not have very honorable reputations as warriors. They cornered Eben and forced him behind a tavern where the began to beat him savagely. Though Eben fought back well, he was not yet fully grown as a man and out numbered badly. That was when Thorir, who had been watching to see what was going on, stepped into the small courtyard. The thugs turned on him too, but once they saw it was the jarling, they quickly backed off. Thorir sent them away, knowing they would report to Einar as soon as their sniveling legs could carry them. Thorir picked up his younger brother and half carried him to the ship. There he stayed for several days until he could recover. But rather than return to the Hall, Thorir set sail with Eben. Obviously Einar had decided to begin his rule early and was not afraid to enforce it by treachery. How long before he viewed Thorir as a threat as well? So Thorir quietly found men who also had seen Einar’s change and who were loyal to Thorir or had been treated poorly by Einar’s temper. From these men, a crew was formed and Thorir set off with Eben.
For the next few years, Thorir and Eben sailed, traded and raided together, becoming true brothers in arms. Eben’s bent was to collect stories though he stood in the shield wall when the time came. Thorir grew into an accomplished warrior, one whom other men would willingly follow.
The tidings of the death of Eirik in Avar reached the brothers, who hurried back to their homeland. Eben wanted to be there to see how the new leader was chosen, all stories have a beginning he was wont to say. Thorir was driven back by something else, something he could not put his finger on. But he shrugged it off, and let the Norns weave his fate as they would.
Thorir and Eben returned to find that Einar ruled his father’s hall in all but name. Volund had aged in the five years they were gone. It was not excepted that Volund would last another winter. Once they returned to port, it wasn’t long before they heard that Einar was bethrothed to a young noble woman, looking to assure his position. Now how would Einar receive his brother? Much less his half-brother. Thorir had much tradition and law to protect him, more than Eben. Of course Eben was no longer the under-grown youth than thugs would drag into an alley. It would take a much more open and obvious threat to remove him. Whatever it might be, it would have been hard for Einar to have concealed his hand in it.
To complicate matters, Thorir came back from raiding very wealthy, with a loyal crew of men who had also become wealthy. The traditional moniker of “Sea King” had been in use by the crew for well over a year before they came home. And the crew used it liberally in port. The title would anger Einar, but also make it that much harder to move against Thorir.

[/sblock]
Appearance: [sblock] Thorir Wolfgrin is a tall, fair man. He has broad shoulders and is well muscled. His should length hair, falls freely around his face, dark like his father’s but with a red beard. He received his moniker of Wolfgrin during his raiding days. Thorir always has a smile and is quick with a jest or a laugh. But he has this unnerving tendency to grin all the time, even as he enters battle. And it is the same grin. One of his shipmates remarked that he grinned like a wolf and that you didn’t know if he was going to laugh or bite.
[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
Ok. Do you guys have any particular needs for the geography? Also, is anyone going 'non human'? I'm working on the blooded versions and I want to know if I may ho a bit further than rebranding, hehe.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Remove ads