Pathfinder 1E [INTEREST/RECRUIT] - Crowns of Ice

Jago

Explorer
If you know 3.5, you generally know Pathfinder: same system, a few changes here and there mechanically, and the Classes operate differently, but as far as how everything works it's rather similar.

The biggest change, I believe, is Skills: All skills are just 1 point for 1 point to increase, but your Class Skills add +3 the first time you put a rank in them, and no Skills can have a rank above your current Level.

More than happy to help with anything else you need to make a character, mate. The Pathfinder SRD is insanely useful

tglassy

Adventurer
I can't help but be drawn to Sorcerer. I always wind up playing a magic user of some kind. But in this case, I feel him being an important noble, who owns a smaller expanse of land than other Jarls, but his family has always been able to keep influence because they were Sorcerers. I see him almost like a Ned Stark, a no nonsense ruler of his lands who is fair and well liked, even if he is not seen as overly compassionate. His people are loyal to him, and he to them. He uses his magic to put himself and his realm in a better position than they otherwise would be able to.

I'll keep thinking about it, though.

That said, looks like pathfinder has a ton of sorcerer bloodlines. Which ones would be allowed?

tglassy

Adventurer
And what is your policy on multi-classing? Because I feel he would have one level of Fighter. With him being a noble, leading armies and whatnot, or even just his own personal guard, I feel he would have trained with weapons and armor. I know armor can cause a penalty to arcane spellcasting, so I'll think about whether I want to waste feats on Arcane Armor Master, but just having a level of fighter seems to fit the character.

But again, I'll think about it. I want to see what everyone else does before I commit to anything.

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
Guys, I'll return to the discussion later on today. Gotta run some errands and do some work. Welcome to the flock, tglassy!

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
Can I get an idea of the type of conflicts we'll be seeing? Sorcerers are extremely streamlined, and I need to know what kind of spells to focus on. Combat, social, etc. Or should I just, you know, plan for anything?

Remove ads